The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

The character creation tool is complete and absolute garbage. Who's stupid idea was it to change your appearance by parents and grandparents? FFS just let us pick, eyes, nose, mouth, skin color, etc like most other games, why over-complicate it and make it so damn hard to make a character you can live with?

I wish it was that easy. Mine was glitched so everyone I was selecting was a woman, even if it was 'dad' or 'granddad.' My character now looks like a 25-year old Dave Matthews - not a big complaint, as I love DMB, but Christ, why can't I just select from a list of ears, noses, eyes, etc.?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why everyone is bitching to the extent that they are. Just play something else until the weekend or when it runs smoother...that's what I'm doing.

ive just started playing a new campaign...for the 5th time :p

at the very least I can get a decent grasp on how the city is laid out by playing single player so much to avoid the asshats who wanna murder me a bazillion times online lol (well i can hope atleast)

ive just started playing a new campaign...for the 5th time :p

at the very least I can get a decent grasp on how the city is laid out by playing single player so much to avoid the asshats who wanna murder me a bazillion times online lol (well i can hope atleast)

You can just set up a private match and play online by yourself, and when the missions come along, you only have to play with others then. You can cruise the city, rob stores, etc. by yourself online if you want. Much better than the cunts who roll around killing everyone just because. It's so annoying.

You can just set up a private match and play online by yourself, and when the missions come along, you only have to play with others then. You can cruise the city, rob stores, etc. by yourself online if you want. Much better than the cunts who roll around killing everyone just because. It's so annoying.

yeah the private match option is the plan for me, just gotta wait till the online half lets me get past the blurry city picture looking for players since its still doing that for my private matches :/

yeah the private match option is the plan for me, just gotta wait till the online half lets me get past the blurry city picture looking for players since its still doing that for my private matches :/

That really sucks. It's been bad for a lot of people, but after yesterday morning, I haven't had many problems getting on.

That really sucks. It's been bad for a lot of people, but after yesterday morning, I haven't had many problems getting on.

yeah I know it sucks :( , if its not trying to find people its the servers are down for me lol

then again if its only going to force me to play with others I doubt im missing much since all thats happening is everyone is dying by a few assholes lol

yeah I know it sucks :( , if its not trying to find people its the servers are down for me lol

then again if its only going to force me to play with others I doubt im missing much since all thats happening is everyone is dying by a few assholes lol

Yeah, if that's the only way to play, you aren't missing out on anything. It's annoying as hell. Even in a crew, me and a few people were doing jobs, and of course, one random guy managed to join before we could close it and just fucked it up for everyone else by screwing around and killing us all.

Just checking in to register my outrage at the character creation tool. Great idea in theory, but in practice, everyone just looks like they have been through generations of serious in-breeding.

yeah my online dude looks like some monkey creature from the planet Zargon :p

You're all so lucky being able to bitch, still no luck on my side. :mad:

im still having no luck so im still bitching :p

You're all so lucky being able to bitch, still no luck on my side. :mad:

This is what I'm saying. You can't get in and you're not pinning R* to the wall for an unexpected road-block.

It took me 2 hours and while I was disappointed, I wasn't screaming "FUCKING SHIT DEVELOPER RAWRAWRWRAWR!"

I waited patiently and honestly almost passing out during the load screen, I was in the race! There were still a couple hiccups that required Dashboarding but within 20 minutes, I was done with it all and now (hopefully) I can fly in/out of MP on the go.

I would suggest not trying from the Load screen but go into SP, pause, Online, GTA Online - GO.

This is what I'm saying. You can't get in and you're not pinning R* to the wall for an unexpected road-block.

It took me 2 hours and while I was disappointed, I wasn't screaming "FUCKING SHIT DEVELOPER RAWRAWRWRAWR!"

I waited patiently and honestly almost passing out during the load screen, I was in the race! There were still a couple hiccups that required Dashboarding but within 20 minutes, I was done with it all and now (hopefully) I can fly in/out of MP on the go.

I would suggest not trying from the Load screen but go into SP, pause, Online, GTA Online - GO.

I'm just playing others games in-between attempts. I'm not angry, just really anxious. I'm loading it form the pause menu but still fails. I have a feeling it letting people play who got on as soon as it was available, yesterday at noon for us in the UK. I wasn't able to get on till later afternoon.

Oh, so then you're just rubbing it in everyone else's face that you're not having problems. In the bitching thread. What a dick.

Trust me, I'm not jealous of you.

I'm not rubbing anything in anyone's face. I've had complaints, just not the ones you have.

And it seems like you are jealous, otherwise you wouldn't be getting offended that my game isn't as fucked up as yours is. :biglaugh

I'm just playing others games in-between attempts. I'm not angry, just really anxious. I'm loading it form the pause menu but still fails. I have a feeling it letting people play who got on as soon as it was available, yesterday at noon for us in the UK. I wasn't able to get on till later afternoon.

Couldn't be b/c I didn't try until 7pm EST last night. I tried each MP option from Closed Friend Game to Invite Only to Solo Mission. Solo wouldn't even load the Trigger but told me to go to it. I could "free roam" but do little else from shooting civilians.

I tried a few times going from SP to the Online option in pause and just using the down on the D-pad to switch back and forth hoping it would "catch" something when I went back into MP.

That's when I turned it off for a bit and tried again. Got a loading screen with players popping in but stalled. Dash'd, tried again, eventually the race popped up.

...what.

I'm doing a mission right now, or else I would check mine. The online seems really wonky with what it does or doesn't save. I had a guy online with me last night and he had to continuously do something for Lester to activate his number in his contacts, because it wouldn't save it.

I just switch to Michael every time I'm done playing, just because it'll automatically save for you.

i do this too! just for precautions!

Don't understand why everyone is bitching to the extent that they are. Just play something else until the weekend or when it runs smoother...that's what I'm doing.

let the bitchers bitch! this is a thread for people to bitch in! :p

More like:

1. Load up GTAV.

2. Press start, select online.

3. Scroll down to "Play GTA Online", press A.

4. Select Go, hit A when prompted to leave story mode.

5. Watch GPS reposition.

6. Stand around in small parking lot in West Vinewood.

7. Watch your car brought to you... twice.

8. Watch Blurry City loading screen.... forever.

9. Go back to step 1.

yep, well not anymore (for me) but i couldnt stand looking at the burry skyline!

Robbed all the stores last night and got that platinum medal. Logged on today to find out all the stores are no longer robbed and my medal is back to bronze. D:

oh dear, i havent been able to get on today (ill try later) i hope this dosent happen for me!

yeah i was trying from about 3PM UK time, so like 3hrs after online launched?

stayed up till around 3AM without ever getting into the 1st race :(, although I stopped trying every 30 or so mins to do more single player

yep, well not anymore (for me) but i couldnt stand looking at the burry skyline!

Tell me about it. I wouldn't be as annoyed if everyone else I know wasn't in the game already. And one of my friends got home from work late last night, fired GTA:O up for the first time and got through everything without a hitch.

All while I was stuck in Blurry City.

And it seems like you are jealous, otherwise you wouldn't be getting offended that my game isn't as fucked up as yours is. :biglaugh

No, I am perfectly capable of not being offended by or jealous of you and still see you're being a dick.

But whatever, man, you go ahead and think whatever makes you feel superior.

Edited by Jack Frost

No, I am perfectly capable of not being offended by or jealous of you and still see you're being a dick.

But whatever, man, you go ahead and think whatever makes you feel superior.

This is too funny. If you're not offended that I don't have the issues with the game you have, why are you calling me names? That's how offended you are, you're attacking me with insults, when I've done nothing but say I don't have the issues you're having. In fact, I said I felt bad for people who have all these issues. The fuck is wrong with you?

Grow up.

So I finally managed to get online. I won the race against Lamar. Bet all of my 2.5k and won (set a world record, obviously lol) and then it crashed for about 5 mins... but then recovered itself.

I get into the first mission (Steal the charlie) it teams with up with this kid who jumps in the drivers seat and wasn't all that great at driving but we get there in one piece. We both blow everyone away and chase these dudes in a car. I jump in the drivers seat this time. Kill the dude, grab the drugs. Earn some dollar. I'm now at level 4. I get told to go and buy some clothes and then I get "kicked by other players" -_-

And now my single player save is fucked. Stuck as michael and can't switch. (But I could before I managed to get online)

So I finally managed to get online. I won the race against Lamar. Bet all of my 2.5k and won (set a world record, obviously lol) and then it crashed for about 5 mins... but then recovered itself.

I get into the first mission (Steal the charlie) it teams with up with this kid who jumps in the drivers seat and wasn't all that great at driving but we get there in one piece. We both blow everyone away and chase these dudes in a car. I jump in the drivers seat this time. Kill the dude, grab the drugs. Earn some dollar. I'm now at level 4. I get told to go and buy some clothes and then I get "kicked by other players" -_-

And now my single player save is fucked. Stuck as michael and can't switch. (But I could before I managed to get online)

One of the many, many, many problems with the Online. Like I said last night, someone tried to kill me, failed, set a bounty on my head, and nobody could kill me, so I was kicked and deemed a 'Bad Sport' for quitting early, even though I wasn't doing any jobs at the time. Such horseshit.

Even with quitting/dashboarding if it freezes, it can (and typically will) erase some/all of your Online progress when you reboot.

One of the many, many, many problems with the Online. Like I said last night, someone tried to kill me, failed, set a bounty on my head, and nobody could kill me, so I was kicked and deemed a 'Bad Sport' for quitting early, even though I wasn't doing any jobs at the time. Such horseshit.

I got booted for defending myself against someone that kept trying to kill me. I wasn't aware that people could boot you until then, and it's crap. No players should be allowed to kick another.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread