Supersoldier Glitch Thread - Looking for why

acidburnvictim

Just finished SS yesterday, and here are my answers.

Did the achievement glitch on your account? NO.

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? NO.

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? YES.

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? NEW GAME.

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? NO.

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop? N/A.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? NO.

Seems that beginning on SS is the culprit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the achievement glitch on your account?

YES

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty?

YES

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock?

YES

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu?

From a new game

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select?

No

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop?

I didn't start a new game.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing?

I kinda skipped a lot of cutscenes.

WOW really crytek your pulling this shit again, same thing happened to me with crysis 2.

First playthrough started on SS and just finished the 3rd mission and got the achievement for doing 3 missions on vet but not the SS one, so im assuming i won't SS achievement for completing the entire thing.

Not to mention freezing and the stupid audio crackle lag thing it does on mission two with the tower.

Maybe the achievement glitch has something to do with the game freezing for some people? My first playthrough was on SS and I got all SS related achievements, no prob, and the game never froze on me. I did have some sound issues however, so this shouldn't be an issue.

So maybe freezing issues could be a factor?

played the first time on easy. Second run did super soldier and everthing popped like it should have. Just start on easy first time. Done. This game is awesome and the second playtru is no big deal.

I hate playing on Easy, gives me no enjoyment at all.

I play SS because it gives me a challenge.

Now Crysis 3 SS is like medium in other games at best, I still like playing the hardest from the get go. See no reason to play the same single player two more times just because Crytek can't make a game that tracks your stats. Same thing happened with Crysis 2 and I played the single player SS first, then easy, then SS again and I still didn't get the achievement...

As with Crysis 2, I will have all achievements, but one.

F*** you Crytek :nana

Here are some initial questions:

Did the achievement glitch on your account? No.

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? No.

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? Yes.

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? Yes.

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? Yes.

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop? Play everything.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? All the time.

I will edit more questions based on the responses this thread receives, and update as often as I can the results.

Let's see if we can identify why this is happening and update the guide to try to prevent future people from having the same issue.

I hate playing on Easy, gives me no enjoyment at all.

I play SS because it gives me a challenge.

Now Crysis 3 SS is like medium in other games at best, I still like playing the hardest from the get go. See no reason to play the same single player two more times just because Crytek can't make a game that tracks your stats. Same thing happened with Crysis 2 and I played the single player SS first, then easy, then SS again and I still didn't get the achievement...

As with Crysis 2, I will have all achievements, but one.

F*** you Crytek :nana

I agree Crytek should get it working from the get-go, but not wanting to play through twice just because of difficulty is a dumb reason. Isn't it much better to play through easy first, then supersoldier and have no glitches, instead of the other way around? Just sayin.'

Did the achievement glitch on your account? No

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? NO, Recruit first

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? YES

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? Menu (Replay)

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? YES

YES

YES

YES

NEW GAME

NO

The only way ive heard how to get this achievement is by wiping your game save, playing the game through on Normal and then on SS :/

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission

NO

I played on normal difficulty and then did some mop up, then I selected new game and did super soldier difficulty.

For some reason I got the achievement for completing the game on supersoldier and veteran but did not get the achievement for completing mission 3-7 on supersoldier!!

So am I now going to have to do another supersoldier playthough?

This is what I'm doing now. Finished the game on Normal, then went back and did mop up via mission select on Easy.

Then started new game on SS, did the tutorial. Finished mission 3, but SS 3/7 achievement did not unlock. Only the Vet 3/7 achievement popped.

Should I keep going with SS if I want the SS achievement at the end?

Yes.

Yes

Yes

Menu.

No.

No Succes with it yet.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing?

No.

I don't have a clue what is going on with the QA Teams at the big publishers/developers these days.

This is so fucking frustrating.

I am not seeing me completeing the Campaign on SS again.

This game can go and rot on the used game shelfes at Gamestop if this crap isn't fixed in the future.

Did the achievement glitch on your account? NO

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? NO

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? YES

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? NEW GAME

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? YES

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop? --

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? SKIPPED EVERYTHING

- I made backup saves before the end oflevel 3 & 7, but they wern't needed.

- My SS playthrough was my 4th FULL playthrough of the game.

- I played through the game four times because of the nano kit modules glitching on me even after erasing my save file and starting fresh, no result.

Did the achievement glitch on your account? It Surley Did

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? Yep

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? Yep

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? New Game

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? Nope

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop? It Has'nt I Be Fucked

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? I did once by accident

I played over 4 sitting of around 1:30mins each it never crashed once and played 100% except for this ach

--

yes

--

no, I played through the whole campaign, first on Normal difficulty

--

yes, but NOT the SS 3/7 achievement

--

via the new game

--

I completed the campaign on Normal first. Then replayed missions (on Easy) for misc achievements. Then started new campaign on SS

--

I still haven't managed to unlock the SS 3/7 achievement

--

yes

Notes:

Played initially on Normal all the way through. Then missions select several missions on Easy for misc achievements.

Then new game, with tutorial, on SS. SS 3/7 achievement did not unlock. I continued on, and SS 7/7 achievement unlocked at campaign completion.

I started new game, with tutorial, on SS, again. Right at the end of mission 3, I copied the save files over to the USB stick. I continued on from the HDD save file, completed mission 3, but the achievement did NOT unlock. I copied the USB files back over to HDD, tried it again, but still did NOT unlock.

Notes 2:

I did Normal (full), SS (full) then SS (until mission 4) and SS 3/7 did not unlock. I deleted (from both USB and from HDD) both my content cache and save file and started new game on SS. I did the tutorial again. I did not skip any scenes with X. When I got to the end of mission 3, I backed up content cache and save file to USB. I then finished mission 3, and the SS 3/7 achievement finally unlocked.

Edited by 1mpr3gn4t0r

No

No, my first playthrough was on normal with all collectibles + misc. achievements.

Yes, both Veteran and SS 3/7 achievements unlocked when they were supposed to.

New game.

Yes, I replayed level 3 to finish off the suit modules. I replayed it on the same difficulty of my first playthrough. Did not want to take a risk of something glitching because of selecting another difficulty.

Did not glitched.

Did not skip any cutscenes on my first playthrough, but on my second (SS difficulty) did skip everything.

Nope.

No, Recruit.

Yes, in conjunction with the 3/7 SS achievement.

Through New Game on SS.

Yes, many times to collect missing Blackboxes, Power Module requirements and miscellaneous achievements.

N/A

Sure did!

A guy from the crytek staff says they are looking into this glitch among many other things.

Though based on their history for fixing glitched achievements,(6 month multiplayer achievement in Crysis 2) I'm not getting my hopes up.

here's the link to his posthttp://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=61398&sid=6ec54b766ddd67e67496c965425a1ec4

complete on easy first guys! I had started on ss but then after seeing this thread I deleted and played through on easy first then ss. All unlocked fine thank god!

This all anybody needs to know! DO NOT make your first playthrough on SuperSoldier!!!! Play it on Easy or whatever first. Do all achievements except for the final four Veteran and SS achieves and you will be fine.

This all anybody needs to know! DO NOT make your first playthrough on SuperSoldier!!!! Play it on Easy or whatever first. Do all achievements except for the final four Veteran and SS achieves and you will be fine.

I played on Normal first. SS 3/7 achievement did NOT unlock when I played on SS as a 2nd playthrough.

Nanosuit Veteran and Halfway to Hell still locked, Bring it On and Professional Superhero unlocked.

Yes

No

New Game, whatever pops up in the Main Menu for your first playthrough.

No

3/7 progress achievements still locked. 7/7 progress achievements unlocked.

No

Once I beat the 3rd level the game did freeze though, and I did have to replay the last section of the level from the "continue from last checkpoint" selection.

Edited by PredatorShroom

Did the achievement glitch on your account? No, all achievements unlocked exactly when they were supposed to.

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty? No, I beat it first on Easy then on SuperSoldier

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock? Yes.

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu? New Game. Started a game and accessed Tutorial when it asked me.

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select? I did not. I started the game on Easy, beat it. Started on SuperSoldier, beat it. Did not select missions until after.

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing? I skipped every cutscene I could, when I could.

Hey guys!

Here is my Glitch Report:

YES

NO (Veteran)

YES

NEW GAME

NO

I DIDN'T GET IT BY NOW!!

YES

I hope someone can help me - that stupid achievement is the last one i am currently missing!!! :((

(and no - i definitely don't play the game a fuckin 4TH TIME except i know a 100% that it will work!!!)

Thanks!