“Official” Operations Thread

N7 Shadow

Warning: if you finish both the normal and platinum challenges at the same time you only get one comm pack. Life sucks.

I actually had a feeling that might've happened o-o (It makes sense (kinda), since you only play 4 games instead of 8.) (Or was it that just didn't redeem a Comm Pack before you got another?)

That does suck, but thank you for the warning. I'll never try to take the "shorter route" for these Operations. :D

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, thanks for the heads up, all I have left is Collectors on Platinum.

Managed to get the original 3 factions done with randoms on Rio, credited entirely to the Juggernaut. Being able to tank away while your teammates inflict loads of damage makes things considerably easier, not just for myself but the team as a whole. I also like hunting down Phantoms because they're helpless against his heavy melee.

The last game against Cerberus was pure hell though. The later waves are all minions which swarm you and things get out of hand really quickly. Dragoons amplify the problem significantly. Oh and my team sucked for that match, but that's not really specific to Cerberus.

Not sure if I wanna tackle Collectors with randoms, I have a feeling it'll be a waste of time and equipment. If anybody wants to do it hit me up.

I'm digging the massive amount of credit gain, been buying Reserves Packs and while I've been getting trolled with character cards, I did manage to get the Collector Adept.

Edited by Veedrock

I'm digging the massive amount of credit gain, been buying Reserves Packs and while I've been getting trolled with character cards, I did manage to get the Collector Adept.

Psssshhh, I wish I still got character cards x_x All I ever get from my PSPs are Warp Rounds IV and other IV Gear.

Did anyone else notice that the objectives are little cakes? I thought that was cute.

I didn't :o Probably for Mass Effect 3's 1-year Anniversary

Edited by Hagane

Managed to do it all last night.

I did the Silver games first, whilst waiting for a friend. Gave the Cabal a second chance. I'm near promoting the Vanguard class, so I'll go about speccing her differently (I won't max out Poison Strike this time - don't like it), and see if she fairs any better.

Did the Platinum games as soon as the Silver's were done with said friend. Collectors first, then Ceberus. Reapers and Geth followed. Hardly any consumables were used by myself during the Collector game. Same thing happened during the Ceberus game also, so by the time the 3rd and 4th game were under way, I didn't dare to move position, even though I fancied a drink and toilet - I didn't want to interrupt whatever good gaming 'aura' was clearly benefiting me, my buddy and the randoms we were picking up along the ways. The longest pee ever was had after the Geth game. :D

With the exception of the Collector game, Platinum is made super easy with a Juggernaut. During the Cerberus game we had two of them. OMG at their tanking ability. :eek:

As for my packs, the first (freebie) one contained a Valkyrie V. The Commendation Pack for Silver contained a Vailant VI. The one for Platinum included the Vailant VII.

I also picked up a few new characters. The Turian Engineer, The Krogan Warlord, and the Geth Juggernaut (yay). Look forward to trying them all out over the duration of this event.

If anyone wants an extra player, give us a shout. I should be on from 9pm (GMT) onwards. I might be able to get on earlier, depending on if I can get rid of the other half.

Maybe this is old news but has everyone seen the new alternate banners we're getting soonish?

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/mass-effect-3-mp-banner-contest-winners/

Anyone know how to get the Krogan Melee banner?

Also, PM me over LIVE if you need help with platinum for the challenge or want to play platinum.

Anyone know how to get the Krogan Melee banner?

Also, PM me over LIVE if you need help with platinum for the challenge or want to play platinum.

It's for completing the Combat Mastery challenge. The challenge that requires Melee damage, over-cover grabs, headshots, and grenade damage. I've been hesitant about grinding the over-cover grabs, but now I pretty much have to. That Banner is sick!

Source

Hopped in for the weekend challenge, couldn't pass up that awesome banner.

I promoted all my classes tonight too and was very pleased to see that I didn't have to rename them all after promoting and all of the cosmetic choices don't reset anymore. Very nice, I'm so out of the loop. What's with all the Gift Packs I keep getting also?

What's with all the Gift Packs I keep getting also?

Well, there's a free character pack Gift Box that was released with the Reckoning DLC, it has a 100% of giving you a DLC character.

Then there was the free Gift Box containing a Promotional N7 weapon for the Mass Effect 3, 1-year Anniversary.

After that... if you keep getting Gift Boxes, I've heard of a glitch that does do that :D (Lucky ducks, those who somehow get it.)

wasn't sure if i'd be able to pull off the platinum extracts, but luckily was able to do so with randoms for each type. thank goodness for those geth juggernauts (I don't have one)...no idea how you'd deal with so many damn banshees and phantoms all at once, otherwise. I can confirm that only your team needs to extract in order for you to get credit for the weekend challenge (was insta-killed by banshee at 0:01 vs reapers :mad:).

hurricane 6 + 7, and valiant 4....a good haul for me :).

Took me all weekend, and doing 2 plat extractions with randoms, but finally got it done. Finished the final one at 5:01pm today. Was kind of worried it wasn't going to count but it did. First time I've ever really attempted Platinum so was nice to get all 4 extractions (about 13-15 attempts total I'd guess) Made it to wave 10 multiple times only to fail during or just after finishing the objective.