Serial Killer

Get a streak of 10 kills...

I did this as the guide says in sequence 2 with the Wolf people, and well it didn't pop, any other ideas on where to get it? I've done it a few times now. Clearly I didn't get hit because I got 100% sync in that memory.

Do they have to be 10 assassination streaks?

I got it easy in the virtual training room. I got it in the short fight but you can get them in any of the fights. Really easy and you can do it over and over till you get it.

I got it there as well. In fact, it was during that bit where that girl (whose name I cannot remember) first introduced it.

can anybody confirm if it has to be done in short time not just not getting any hit?

I saw the video, it must honestly be set on a time? Cuz I did 13 counter-attacks and it never unlocked. Done it twice now and still nothing.

You can't do it simply by counter attacking and it does have to deal with timing. If you are locked on to an enemy, you should notice the health above their heads flashes before they are going to attack. That's your next target, as his moving in will give you the opening to attack.

Best way to do it: Counter attack the first enemy to get a kill and start the chain. Then, and I cannot stress this enough, RELEASE RT. Immediately find the flashing guy (if you don't see one, pick one) and hold the left stick in his direction and press X. You should do a lunge or something and kill him in one hit. Nothing else counts as a chain. If you take an action that does not result in an immediate one hit kill, you break the chain. If you get hit or grabbed, you break the chain. It's rather similar to Arkham Asylum.

Some tips: If somebody is attacking you in the middle of a chain, tap RT and X, so you counter. If you do it smoothly, you will continue the chain and defend yourself.

If you hold X when attacking instead of just tapping it, you'll stab with one hand and shoot another guy with your gun. This will cost ammo, but rapidly gets your chain count up there.

You can one hit kill anybody when in a chain, from the heavily armored guys, to the quick dodgy guys, to the spear carrying guys, your timing just has to be right.

Do it in the Virtual Training Session, the long combat. So you have time to play with it and figure it out. My best chain was over 20. It really flows once you get the hang of it, but it took me awhile to get the timing down.

You can't do it simply by counter attacking and it does have to deal with timing. If you are locked on to an enemy, you should notice the health above their heads flashes before they are going to attack. That's your next target, as his moving in will give you the opening to attack.

Best way to do it: Counter attack the first enemy to get a kill and start the chain. Then, and I cannot stress this enough, RELEASE RT. Immediately find the flashing guy (if you don't see one, pick one) and hold the left stick in his direction and press X. You should do a lunge or something and kill him in one hit. Nothing else counts as a chain. If you take an action that does not result in an immediate one hit kill, you break the chain. If you get hit or grabbed, you break the chain. It's rather similar to Arkham Asylum.

Some tips: If somebody is attacking you in the middle of a chain, tap RT and X, so you counter. If you do it smoothly, you will continue the chain and defend yourself.

If you hold X when attacking instead of just tapping it, you'll stab with one hand and shoot another guy with your gun. This will cost ammo, but rapidly gets your chain count up there.

You can one hit kill anybody when in a chain, from the heavily armored guys, to the quick dodgy guys, to the spear carrying guys, your timing just has to be right.

Do it in the Virtual Training Session, the long combat. So you have time to play with it and figure it out. My best chain was over 20. It really flows once you get the hang of it, but it took me awhile to get the timing down.

What I bolded. Just countering does not work. You can use counter if someone is about to hit you and you'll most likely do a one hit kill on them, however you can not sit there countering for 10 kills. You won't break the chain with a counter, but you won't keep adding execution numbers to the pile with it either... use it to start and for when someone is about to attack you from behind while you are executing another enemy. I got this during a fight with 13 of those howling guys.... sequence 2 memory 6 I believe... there's 13 of them although one might try to run away at the end.

You can also easily do it in the VR training if you are having trouble in that sequence... however once you understand how to keep the flow going it's as easy as it was learning how to counter so many guards... you just need to learn the new "LS to highlight next victim followed by a press of the x button, rinse and repeat until finished.. only countering if you are absolutely going to get hit if you don't).

Edited by Ferocious

Really hating this. It's annoying to start a chain and immediately have the camera angle change so I'm disoriented as to what direction to point, and apparently the timing has to be perfect cause I repeatedly press X during an kill only to have Ezio do a normal strike.

Haha got it in training right before a soldier grabbed me. Nice.

Edited by CIF

I found this one quite easy guy's. You get into a fight, like the wolf followers, or when breaking the chick out of jail.

You can counter to start the execution streak but you simply have to keep jamming the x button and moving the the LS to a new direction where enemies are, if you notice the health meter start to flash over one of their heads, just counter them and keep on jamming x and going through all the enemies.

It's good practice cause one of the guild assignments is to 'get a kill streak of at least 5' 10 times.

I was lucky enough to get this in the first battle at the beginning of sequence 1.

Oh man you were so lucky. I had to do it in the Virtual Trianing Program. How could you do it without practicing? Besides Mario often killed the guards so that their number often did not meet 10 to do the achievement.

I even had to restart more than 20 times to get the feeling of this new battle system. It is completely different from that in AC2 and I felt I did not know how to fight anymore after all that long.