Opinion

How hard is this game to 100% realistically; or should I really ask how hard legendary is really to complete as I've only ever done it on halo 2 & 3

I'm far from an expert on halo as I've always been a call of duty kinda guy.

but have played halo for a long time when the first xbox was released

• 1 month later...

Legendary is just as hard / easy as the others in the series. It's not the hardest game ever but it can be quite challenging at times specially on solo. As far as 100%'ing it goes its great, it has some hard ones but if you like the game / series you'll enjoy working at it.

Legendary is just as hard / easy as the others in the series. It's not the hardest game ever but it can be quite challenging at times specially on solo. As far as 100%'ing it goes its great, it has some hard ones but if you like the game / series you'll enjoy working at it.

The single hardest part for me was collecting the Bandanna Skull, that took me so many hours, ended up kiting a Hunter to whack me across! :woop:

• 1 month later...
How hard is this game to 100% realistically; or should I really ask how hard legendary is really to complete as I've only ever done it on halo 2 & 3

It's physically demanding, yes. But unlike other games (such as Gears of war 3) Most of the achievements can be achieved over night. However, some of them (like beating the library on heroic in under 30 minutes) can be very difficult, but they are possible! (I've done that a few times, for friends, etc.)

SO, yes it is hard! But you can 100% it in just a few days, which in my opinion, it is a lot easier to handle than a game that is just a grind-fest (such as gears of war....)

• 1 month later...

This is my first Halo game and I'm not really enjoying it. Only done the two first missions but it just feels like you never know where to go or what to do and that's really anoying. I don't know what 343 was thinking when they designed the driving part of this game but it's stupid.

You can't look down sights as in every other first person shooter. The ennemies make weird, disturbing noises. Hard isn't really "hard" so I'm guessing Legendary isn't insanely hard either.

Oh, the guy that wrote the achievement guide was clearly on crack. There's no way you're ever 1000:gsicon:ing this in 10 to 15 Hours. I'm sure this will take at least 20 Hours and I'm afraid it could take twice that amount of time.

Hopefully, it'll get more interesting. So far I can't see the hype around the Halo series. I tried the AC series and loved them then I moved on to Forza, hated it at first, loved it after a while. But this ? I feel like BOII's campaign was less pain.

This is my first Halo game and I'm not really enjoying it. Only done the two first missions but it just feels like you never know where to go or what to do and that's really anoying. I don't know what 343 was thinking when they designed the driving part of this game but it's stupid.

You can't look down sights as in every other first person shooter. The ennemies make weird, disturbing noises. Hard isn't really "hard" so I'm guessing Legendary isn't insanely hard either.

Oh, the guy that wrote the achievement guide was clearly on crack. There's no way you're ever 1000:gsicon:ing this in 10 to 15 Hours. I'm sure this will take at least 20 Hours and I'm afraid it could take twice that amount of time.

Hopefully, it'll get more interesting. So far I can't see the hype around the Halo series. I tried the AC series and loved them then I moved on to Forza, hated it at first, loved it after a while. But this ? I feel like BOII's campaign was less pain.

Each to their own really but Halo is something you really need to acquire a feel for. I've never played a COD ga,e before and never will but some of my friends tell me the control style are in some ways similar. To really be captivated by the Halo series you sort of gotta have in interest in the whole Sci-fi theme or you'd really be wasting your own time.

As for driving vehicles i'll admit that it is a pretty unique style of driving but after a while you'll pick it up and kinda understand what 343 were thinking.

The thing that annoys me the most about the Halo series is that the button functions have changed in nearly ever single game and makes adapting to the changes incredibly annoying.

Over all ive enjoyed all the Halo series, haven't come close to 100% achievement on any of them but i'm not in a hurry atm

Oh, maybe I didn't mention that I hate COD (the MP is boring and the campaign is just a ton of enemies coming at you and a weak storyline) ^^.

I LOVE sci-fi. I've loved several sci-fi shows like Falling Skies, Continuum, etc... Which is why I even decided to give Halo a try :).

I'm just going to switch to easy or the difficulty above and play through the game. If I like it I'll move on to Legendary and go for the collectibles.

Am I the only one that switches between old and "new" graphics all the time :p ?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Going back to this after playing Halo 4 made me realise how confusing and boring the old level designs were at times. I hope Halo 2 Anniversary won't feel similar.

That's cause Halo: CE was vast and the game encouraged exploration; especially on levels like Halo, Silent Cartographer and 343 Guilty Spark.

Whereas Halo 4 was way too linear in mission and level design.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're concerned about 100% it, abuse the Bandana & Boom Skulls and you should be fine.