Hell Mode easier than Chaos Mode

PureTechniquex

• 1 month later...

I dunno man..I'm on Hell Mode right now and it seems a lot harder..

I will say that the key to victory is element shot with your starting rifle (fire).

Makes everything A LOT easier..rather than taking an entire clip to take down one enemy I can now take down 6 with an entire clip. =)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the final boss fight just seemed a little harder on Hell Mode but overall, both had just about the same equal amounts of difficulty. I found it really challenging and think the game is meant to be played on these difficulties. I found myself actually using all of my powers at the end as opposed to just running and gunning and using rose spear for mere entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a tad bit harder than Chaos but only in the fact that you seem to drop from full health to none from alot less hits which lead to playing the game a bit smarter than running and gunning. Infact, it was the first time I ever made extensive use of the sniper elemental shot. But like bluntman said, elemental shot machine fire is your best friend in any mode. Also I found that elemental shot shotgun wind was handy as well when you got caught in a swarm of enemies. A shot on one would daze the others from being able to shoot allowing you a chance to mow them down or get to cover.

I think the final boss fight just seemed a little harder on Hell Mode

Oddly enough on Hell Mode, I got him down on my first try when it took at least two or three on other modes (once I learned the fight). Now getting to him was a challenge..

Edited by Spiraea22

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i just finished hell mode, to be honest its pretty easy if u can use the combinations of magics well. i always to fire machine gun + raven panic to kill mobs, every one of them. Regular bullet sucks and shotgun is useless. The only frustrating thing for me was the tank. idk how but it takes like 72 cannon round to take it out and when i shoot it around corners sometimes the missile blows thru the wall killing me instantly, which is the lamest thing in the game. So its pretty much fire machine gun + raven for soldiers and cannon for tanks and giants and thats hell for me. The 2 bosses were easy for some reason, just use gatling.

• 2 weeks later...

Chaos mode was easy. Hell mode is, well the hell! I really can't beat stage 4 and tried for 5 hours now straight, and approximate 30 tries. How did you guys beat it? Also the guide says, I should use my rifle to destroy the helicopters - best thing is, there is not rifle! Did he mean the cannon? If yes, I really don't know, if it is possible to destroy a helicopter with it!

Edit_ : whoa. I managed to do it! It really is important to learn how to use the cannon and the pumpgun, then it's suddenly not all that hard anymore =)

Edited by Cringer85

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Hell Mode is much, much harder. You take much less damage before you die while playing Hell Mode. On Chaos difficulty, you can just about jump your way through the entire game. This does not work on Hell Mode.

I often jumped from area to area killing no enemies at points and using the Raven's Panic and Element Shot tricks to mow down the mobs. So it IS possible to do.... just not on stage #3. That stage was HELL on hell.