Games you have never finished

rdskns170

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so many, here's just a couple:

Demon's Souls - Loved Dark Souls but couldn't get into DeS, I died a lot less, but the deaths seemed to carry more weight and were a lot more annoying, not overly fond of the hub system either, few other things but I won't go into it right now :p

Dragon age - Love bioware and this seemed like a fantasy KOTOR, but I could never get invested in the world. I've started it 3 times, I try so hard to like it, but I just can't.

Super Mario Galaxy - Was going for all gold stars, then my GF finished the game and I saw the ending and I guess I just lost the will.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Started it for 10 minutes and never picked it up again, I'm sure it's a great game and I want to give it a chance, I just don't have the motivation.

Folklore - Looked pretty good and people were saying good things and I LOVED the atmosphere of the real world, but never really got into it enough to finish it.

Brutal Legend - Played the demo and it was awesome, bought the game and it got very boring. Seemed like all the best stuff was in the demo.

SW: Force unleashed - Borrowed this game and thought it'd be pretty fun, it got very boring and in the end, I was just trying to run through it as fast as I could.

Dark Sector - Heard good things again, but couldn't get into it. I'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters in general, but this seemed really bland.

Endless Ocean 2 - Loved the first one and tried to like this one too, there's not much difference, but it's so slow and I just want to see all the more impressive creatures. But playing for a good few hours, the majority of your time is spent watching small fish.

Afrika - A photography game where you don't have to kill anything, was looking forward to it as something to relax with, but the challenges and requirements bring the game aspect back into it and the controls are a little annoying too.

As far as xbox games go, I really haven't stopped playing any of them until I was done. I stopped on Batman AA Hard mode because I was struggling and never returned.

Now on my computer, I got 20 hours into Final Fantasy VII again, and kinda stopped. Also picked up Torchlight during a steam sale and only played it for 10 minutes :/

I never give up on games. It took altogether too long for me to complete the Orange Box, and Halo 3, and plenty of other games. But every time, those are the games that I'm most proud of, so I don't resent them for taking a long time (except Mafia II; that DLC was a bastard). But there are a few games that I started and still haven't got around to completing, mostly because I no longer own the games. Mind you, I still intend to complete every game on my card.

But the obvious offenders are:

-Spider-man: Web of Shadows

-Assassin's Creed 3

-Medal of Honor

-Dead Rising

They're not bad games. I just haven't gotten around to them. For a really long time.

Dead Rising

Dead Space

Oblivion

Fable 3

Final Fantasy 13

GTA4

Halo: Reach

Prince of Persia

I think that is about it. Overall looking at my games list I think I have done a fairly good job of beating them before going onto another game. With most of these I reach a point where I may die or get frustrated with so I pop in a different game for the time being and never get back to it.

Now if we are talking about achievements I've got a long way to go on a ton of games haha.

Hmm, lets see...

Condemned 1 - I just didn't really like it so I didn't bother finishing it

Condemned 2 - I don't know why I rented this one if I didn't like the first lol, but my Xbox got the RROD back when I played it in 2009 so I never finished it

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - I could never even get into the "Top 4" :(

-----

I think that's it actually. Out of the 90 or so games I played on my old account, those were the only ones I remember not finishing.

Backlog...backlog...backlog.

• Resident Evil Revelations - As a huge RE fan, it's strange I haven't even beaten this yet once. I still have all the achievements to go for but...I haven't even finished Episode 3 I don't think.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - Beat it once awhile back, only problem is I lost all the save data...basically I have to redo everything just for progress towards Perfect Knight.
  • Batman: Arkham City - Have the entire game to finish...
  • Dead Space 2 - I bought it to play it but I never did ._.
  • The Darkness II - I got a ways into it and for whatever reason, I went on to something else. It MAY have been GTAV but...
  • Grand Theft Auto V - I played this a shit ton for the online but didn't do a great deal in the single-player. Unusual for me, since I played the single-player for all the other GTA's I've ventured in (GTAIII-IV, including Vice City and San Andreas). I sometimes start it up but...I stop after like 10 minutes. I need to complete it.
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - No idea where I'm at but I have a lot to do in this game...a lot
  • Assassin's Creed III - I stopped before what I assume the first Naval Mission is, and...that's about it. Haven't gone back yet.
  • Army of Two - I still need to complete it on the hardest difficulty and mop up what achievements I can that aren't Online Related (since servers are off =/).
  • Bioshock Infinite - Just got out of the tower and I'm on a beach...stopped playing. Not sure why.
  • Call of Duty Black Ops - I'm somewhere, someplace...no idea. An interior building after a mission where I met up with that Russian dude I bonded with in prison? Yeah...
  • Chaotic Shadow Warriors - Need my friend to actually boost this for me, I did the singleplayer just need those grindy MP.
  • Darksiders - Rebought it to pick up where I was...haven't touched yet.
  • Devil May Cry HD Collection - DMC2/DMC3...did all the achievements in DMC1
  • Devil May Cry 4 - Need to...do everything that wasn't on the easiest difficulty X_X;
  • Dishonored - Bought it last Black Friday, have not opened it yet ._.
  • Fallout 3 - I struggle to get through this despite somewhat enjoying it...no idea where I am, what I was doing...need all achievements.
  • Deadly Premonition - Started it up again, just drove around town meeting suspects...haven't picked up in a little bit.
  • Just Cause 2 - Rebought to complete...haven't touched yet.
  • Silent Hill Downpour - Bought it, haven't played it.
  • Splinter Cell Double Agent - Bought it, no play.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction - Same as above.
  • Halo Reach - Need to do the entire campaign, probably on Legendary first but...I dunno. Have all other achievements.
  • Portal 2 - Need to finish up co-op achievements then actually do the single-player.
  • The Orange Box - Go back to Half Life 2, find all Lambdas...and do those trials/whatever in Portal

That's just on my 360 retail (not including Wii games, PS2 games, soon to be PS3 games...)...download wise...oh boy..got quite a bit there too.

Edited by TVthePunisher

Have quite a few games that I have never finished on the 360. But a game that I loved and haven't finished the main story for is Skyrim. I think I played some 60 hours when it came out and then I just stopped in the middle of a quest no less. I think Gears of War 3 came out or something and all my friends wanted to play that instead.

Would love to finish Skyrim at some point but I don't remember what I was doing anymore. :(

Have quite a few games that I have never finished on the 360. But a game that I loved and haven't finished the main story for is Skyrim. I think I played some 60 hours when it came out and then I just stopped in the middle of a quest no less. I think Gears of War 3 came out or something and all my friends wanted to play that instead.

Would love to finish Skyrim at some point but I don't remember what I was doing anymore. :(

I know exactly how this is. When I came back to do DLC, I didn't even have a clue where my house was haha.

Luckily for you, Skyrim is a really easy game to pick back up, so you should go finish it!

Finished all my games played so far. Except Dynasty Warriors 6 which I am currently playing through. Might take a break from it and play something else. The only game I can think of that I played and never finished was Dead to Rights when I had a PS 3, and On my old Xbox profile, Risen 2, Divinity 2 and Dragon Age. Awful games I never want to see again.

@ 1001puppys: Ah, that sounds pretty good! Would have been a bit of a drag having to start all over again.

Also it must be gaming fate or something but what were the odds that there would be a sale on Skyrim DLC this week? Clearly something wants me back in this game. :)

It is your destiny :D

The only game I can think of that I played and never finished was Dead to Rights when I had a PS 3, and On my old Xbox profile, Risen 2, Divinity 2 and Dragon Age. Awful games I never want to see again.

WHAT????