Achievement Guide and Road Map

h4mm32

that tree skill is still the left most tree and requires 50 points spent in ANY one of the three specializations, be it sorcery, finesse, or might, to unlock the after parry attack...the requirements say so on the abilities trees I'm sorry sir but I'm not wrong

It's already been clarified on my behalf, but I just wanted to point it out since it ends up sounding like you HAVE to go might and get the Riposte skill specifically for the achievement... :) Thanks for checking it out/fixing it/etc for us.

And you guys are sweet. I'm sitting here all blushy now x3

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1567/UP47FVw=.jpg House of Sorrows 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete the House of Sorrows storyline quests.

I will edit this as I find more out about the quest line.

This starts on the second island, you will be notified by a someone to drop by a location.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1567/UPpKPyo=.jpg Niskaru Slayer 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Kill 25 Niskaru.

I have yet to encounter any creatures but the demo play through at E3 states that their home resides in "Brigands' Hall Cavern". I will provide a location picture once I find it or find a picture online.

You will easily kill 25 during the main quest, don't worry about this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1567/UPqm3Lc=.jpg Open Sesame 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

I auto dispelled everything and got the achievement for it, maybe handy to know that it don't have to be done manually.

Edited by rokkyrok

Great Guide on a great game! Thanks!

Juggler: I used a Greatsword, in the Menetyre Region, on the 3rd slash, the Mage-type enemies are launched up, then take your bow and shot fast, amny times.

On the same region, I got the Out of your League achievement, with a new character, Lv.1 and the weapons and armors from the DLC (all mage-type enemies are red to me).

On the Streaker, you must remove everything, from armor, passing to shields and acessories.

But I'm having some trouble with the Reckoning Rampage achievement: i've tried everything, from killing more than 6 enemies, and finishing with the special (A), to ending normally without it, and still no success... anyone have any more tips?

Edited by Born Apophis

Great Guide on a great game! Thanks!

Out of your league- Kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you

I used a Greatsword, in the Menetyre Region, on the 3rd slash, the Mage-type enemies are launched up, then take your bow and shot fast, amny times.

On the same region, I got the Out of your League achievement, with a new character, Lv.1 and the weapons and armors from the DLC (all mage-type enemies are red to me).

On the Streaker, you must remove everything, from armor, passing to shields and acessories.

But I'm having some trouble with the Reckoning Rampage achievement: i've tried everything, from killing more than 6 enemies, and finishing with the special (A), to ending normally without it, and still no success... anyone have any more tips?

for reckoning rampage i went north of gorath from the start of the game to where you get the one bandit's dagger for the worsworn quest. as well as destroying the supplies for the herbalist lady. i ran around to all the guys and gathered them up.... killed 7 guys in that group executed the "a button" xp special kill and it popped the moment the reckoning ended.

Yea just got it, still had my talisman equiped

i will add this to the guide

Edited by Method

how does one get a sticky?

Once you submit it to the guide team it will most likely get stickied.. you can try a mod on the guide team, but since it isn't finished they probly won't do it just yet.

any thoughts on how many hours it'll take to 1K?

I'm guessing like most RPG's.. 100 hours.

Most RPGs do not take 100 hours.

Is there any evidence or are you just shooting in the dark?

heavy rpg's such as ff13, lost odyssey, etc can take upwards of at LEAST 80.

to get all achievements...and that's assuming you don't screw up. I screwed up ff13 and ended up doing a second play through for a total of some 200 hours played... needless to say never again...

to the real point though... someone did the main quest only on hard and got it done in 8 hours and 37 minutes or something... I believe if you were to start out on hard, skip through all dialogue and text, you could probably finish all achievements in 20-30, no real exploration. simply mark the quests you DO need, and do main quests, stopping for chests and wards. most other achievements come with just playing the game naturally. you may have to do some clean up for, bull in a china shop, and then there were none, maybe a wink and a smile, and the levelling requirements needed for crafting, hmmmm at most 40 hours?

heavy rpg's such as ff13, lost odyssey, etc can take upwards of at LEAST 80.

to get all achievements...and that's assuming you don't screw up. I screwed up ff13 and ended up doing a second play through for a total of some 200 hours played... needless to say never again...

to the real point though... someone did the main quest only on hard and got it done in 8 hours and 37 minutes or something... I believe if you were to start out on hard, skip through all dialogue and text, you could probably finish all achievements in 20-30, no real exploration. simply mark the quests you DO need, and do main quests, stopping for chests and wards. most other achievements come with just playing the game naturally. you may have to do some clean up for, bull in a china shop, and then there were none, maybe a wink and a smile, and the levelling requirements needed for crafting, hmmmm at most 40 hours?

40 hours is much more reasonable and understandable.

WRPGs and JRPGs are very different in time consumption.

I've completed Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Eternal Sonata. All over 80 hour games.

But then you have RPGs like Fable, MagnaCarta 2, Borderlands, and other sub-80 hour games to completion.

Just because it is an RPG does not make it an automatic 100 hour, or even 80 hour, game.

I think you quoted the wrong person. I agree with you, mamby pamby rpg's take almost no time, i generally finish most western rpg's in less than 10 hours when it takes other players 20. it's actually quite disgusting that they even call themselves an rpg at that rate. Eternal sonata however is slightly shocking.... I dropped that game in 50 hours following the guide on this website with both playthroughs. i can't imagine it being 80. the second playthrough only takes about 8 hours to complete

this game greatly resembles baldur's gate 1+2 for the pc, in that the main story isn't very long but if you do all the side quests you can and all the mini dungeons that don't have any related quests you can easily sink over 1000 hours in BG. KOA:R seems like it could push 100 hours with everything all said and done, if not more.

Edited by Method

A Wink and a Smile

Not entirely sure, but this may be missable!

It unlocked for me right near the end and after 140 sidequests.

I reloaded a lot when i failed an attempt, so my guess is if you fail too many, you won't get this achievement!

This achievement is probably the biggest timesink in the game, cos it's impossible for now to tell which quest/npc has a persuasion option.

Loremaster

And a tip on the fall/autumn lorestones, i missed 4 and noticed that they all were in a location with the same icon as Agnur Farhal. I don't remember the names, but this sure as hell narrowed the search down, since the IGN guide doesn't have the locations for these lorestones complete.

Edited by rokkyrok

I think you quoted the wrong person. I agree with you, mamby pamby rpg's take almost no time, i generally finish most western rpg's in less than 10 hours when it takes other players 20. it's actually quite disgusting that they even call themselves an rpg at that rate. Eternal sonata however is slightly shocking.... I dropped that game in 50 hours following the guide on this website with both playthroughs. i can't imagine it being 80. the second playthrough only takes about 8 hours to complete

Awesome. Thank you for answering my question :D

Already have 22h in Side Quests, I'm doing them before the Main...

It's just me or the dispel mini-game sucks?

Also it seams that A Wink and a Smile need some build up in the Persuasion Skills... not too many opportunities are opening to me at Level 2.

for reckoning rampage i went north of gorath from the start of the game to where you get the one bandit's dagger for the worsworn quest. as well as destroying the supplies for the herbalist lady. i ran around to all the guys and gathered them up.... killed 7 guys in that group executed the "a button" xp special kill and it popped the moment the reckoning ended.

Got in in the "The Flowering" Quest - this time it went right after the end of the fight. :locked

A Wink and a Smile

Not entirely sure, but this may be missable!

It unlocked for me right near the end and after 140 sidequests.

I reloaded a lot when i failed an attempt, so my guess is if you fail too many, you won't get this achievement!

This achievement is probably the biggest timesink in the game, cos it's impossible for now to tell which quest/npc has a persuasion option.

Loremaster

And a tip on the fall/autumn lorestones, i missed 4 and noticed that they all were in a location with the same icon as Agnur Farhal. I don't remember the names, but this sure as hell narrowed the search down, since the IGN guide doesn't have the locations for these lorestones complete.

I haven't found too many persuasion attempts... I think I'm at 10 ish currently so I can see this may be a problem, if I find a list or guide or maybe go to look at the physical game guide I'll jot down some notes and get this set up to be easy for people to farm.

as for loremaster all the stones as you said are set to an area of the world if you find one in say , haxhi, or webwood, the other 4 stones will be in the same area. I think a few stone sets are found outside of the area across multiple locations but only a couple if I'm reading these maps correctly. and even then they seem to be 5 stones that encompass one region as a whole.

Edited by h4mm32

I will try to train the Persuation Skill to see if more choices appear... I prefer to spend my points in other Skills.

"You can visit the Persuasion Trainer on 3 different locations.

1: House of Ballads (0 to 3)

2: Rathir, Upper City (0 to 3)

3: Adessa Isles (4 to 6)"

It seams that are some hidden books that can also give Skill points (like Skyrim)...

Also for Loremaster, after finishing the game, I plan to Fate-weave my point to get the maximum level of detect-hidden, that will show all missing Lorestones locations...

Is anyone else having problems with the 200,000 gold achievement? I've spent well over 200k and it still won't pop for me. Is it cumulative or does it have to be all on one item?

it is cumulative to my knowledge and you don't even have to do it in one sitting. maybe however it has to be items and not including training?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1567/UP28xzQ=.jpg They Never Saw it Coming 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Backstab 20 enemies.

The tutorial will teach you how to sneak up on an enemy by pressing :rbbut: simply sneak up behind them and hit :ybut: to backstab them most of the time it will kill them in one hit. Repeat this 25 times for the achievement.

Mispell in the guide^