Roadmap & Achievement Guide

I need to know if i can befriend the trolls on roches path. I know the guide says yes but i hav read that's it's hard because roche attacks one. I would like to do it on roche so i can get hunter armor too.i think i missed it already because i already beat sender at poker. Just wondering how hard it was to do the trolls on roche and if there are any complications.

I got it on my first Dark playthrough on Roche's path. It was easy. Just be nice and talk to them. There shouldn't be any problems. Roche never attacked any of them.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to know if i can befriend the trolls on roches path. I know the guide says yes but i hav read that's it's hard because roche attacks one. I would like to do it on roche so i can get hunter armor too.i think i missed it already because i already beat sender at poker. Just wondering how hard it was to do the trolls on roche and if there are any complications.

I was able to get mine on my Roche playthrough.

Thanks. Cuz i think it will b easier to do this way. Though, i must say on hard it isn't bad after u fight someone once and figure out strategy. We will see, lol. And i wated to get hunter armor on dark. Watch, the dark sets will negate my need for it. I like hoods, others don't.

Roadmap to 1000

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

-Offline: 50 (1000)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000G: 25-50 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2

-Number of missable achievements: 34

-Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes

-Glitchy achievements: None

Hello

This is my Witcher 2 roadmap to help you plan to get your 1k in 2 playthroughs.

It’s not an achievement guide, but I did add small descriptions on how or what.

The list is in order when you can first get them or when I got them.

I also broke it down in the 2 different paths.

General info:

This game requires 2 playthroughs to 1k it. (~1.75 actually if you start on Dark).

Reason is, near the end of chapter1 you have to pick a path (Iorveth or Roche).

I suggest to start on easy/normal on your first, because Dark can be very annoying/unforgiving if you start here right away. Since you have to play it twice anyway, easy/normal is a good way to start and enjoy the game.

Then you can rush through Dark in ~10 hours if you want.

I also suggest going with Iorveth on your first normal/easy playthrough, cos I found it easier than Roche's path.

So the steps to 1k are easy enough and they are:

Step 1:

Normal/easy playthrough with Iorveth and kill the trolls.

Step 2:

Dark playthrough with Vernon Roche and spare the trolls.

Step 3:

Finish 30 arena rounds.

Preparations/tips:

-Arena is separate from the game, handy to get to fight 30 to try out skills and the fighting.

-For your first playthrough, kill all (3) trolls. Trollslayer will pop during chapter 2.

-Spare all 3 on your second (there’s actually a 4th with Vernon, not sure if he counts)

-Read this WIKI and try to get as many abilities as you can on your Dark playthrough.

-Try do do most of the quests on your first playthrough to reach level 35 for Guru.

-I went 95% magic on my Dark playthrough, once Igni is upgraded the game becomes a lot easier.

-Perfectionist is easy to get at the start of chapter 2, when you are under a magical umbrella. Just tag 10 enemies without getting hit.

-Miser, this is not cumulative, you need 10k at once and it’s easy if you loot/harvest a lot.

Skill tips:

-Try to save up some points during chapter 2 (8-9 I think), make a save and get the mutant ability. Then reload and spend them like you want to.

OR

For getting the 3 adrenaline ability achievements (the mutant/heliotrope/group finisher) It's much for practical to instead do the quest From a Bygone Era as you are able to fully respec, simply make a save before you talk to the Operator. This is just easier than holding onto points imo.

-Ricochet and Focus need to be unlocked in the trees. Once unlocked, hold block when you isolated some archers and it pops when you killed 1. For Focus, lock on to an enemy and press A when indicated.

Note: some achievements take a few seconds to unlock.

Prologue missable:

-Eagle Eye, when the king asks you to aim the ballista, look for a small character in the distance.

Chapter 1 missables:

-Librarian, just keep your eyes open during the asylum quest. Last of the 4 pages is in the wraith room.

-Man of the Shadows, during Indecent Proposal. Take your time and don’t get detected, stun all the guards you can. Make sure to find the kayran trap part at the end outside or you will miss Artful Dodger later!

-Artful Dodger, just press A where it shows you to plant the trap to instakill a tentacle when it hits. (must craft kayran trap beforehand ofcourse)

Important: finish the nekker and endrega quests for Pest Control in chapter 3!

Chapter 2 general missables:

-Friend of Trolls/Trollslayer, just either kill or spare trolls during an entire playthrough.

If you want to save them, you will have to finish their quests and save the last troll from enemies.

Chapter 2 Iorveth missables:

-Blackops, don’t get detected while trying to sneak through the Kaedweni camp.

Important: finish the harpy nest quest for Pest Patrol in chapter 3!

Chapter 2 Vernon Roche missables:

-Tourist, just follow Zyvik around.

-Gladiator, don’t forget to drop by here and win all 4 fights. (Talk to Proximo)

-Heartbreaker, for free eboobs, after you defeated Ves, go visit her at Roche’s camp. Pick the right options (very obvious) and do what you want.

-Necromancer, there's 5 (6) easy parts you need to complete.

-Reasons of State, just pick the right option to get this bleepie. It’s during the cutscene after you fight the king.

Important: finish the rotfiend quest for Pest Patrol in chapter 3!

Chapter 3 general missables:

-Pest Control, this pops after you turn in the gargoyle quest.

-Sensitive Guy/Witch Hunter, make a save when you are heading to the tower with the dragon. Pick either to remove or leave the diamond when you meet up with Síle and reload.

-Avenger/Old Friends, make a save before you walk up to Letho, reload and pick other option.

Chapter 3 Iorveth missables:

-Spellbreaker, start by helping Philippa out of the prison. Don't go rescue Triss!

-Dragonheart, choose "Walk away".

Chapter 3 Vernon Roche missables:

-Kingmaker, don't go rescue Triss!

-Being Witcher George, choose "Kill the dragon".

credit:

JuSt BLaZe

gazmaster1

BloodGodAlucard

ChaosTheoryV2X

ryanclive

http://www.ign.com/wikis/witcher-2

this wikis way better :D well its optimized to the xbox's story line.

I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere but, for the Dark difficulty achievement, can we just swap to Dark difficulty right before the end?

Of course not. Unfortunately not many if any games allow this anymore. I remember back when the 360 first launched there were a few games that allowed this tactic though. I'm personally glad they don't allow us to do that. It would be a bitch move. No offence. The game really isn't that hard on Dark anyway. And if you have trouble there are several topics floating around that have great tips. Good luck. :)

Of course not. Unfortunately not many if any games allow this anymore. I remember back when the 360 first launched there were a few games that allowed this tactic though. I'm personally glad they don't allow us to do that. It would be a bitch move. No offence. The game really isn't that hard on Dark anyway. And if you have trouble there are several topics floating around that have great tips. Good luck. :)

Yeeeeaaaahhhh, my query was based on my only having a rental copy and wondering if I'll be able to knock out the full 1K in one week, nothing to do with struggling to play the game.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh, my query was based on my only having a rental copy and wondering if I'll be able to knock out the full 1K in one week, nothing to do with struggling to play the game.

Okay. No you won't be able to 1000 this in a week. Your first playthrough on Dark will probably take 40-50 hours. It's difficult to say since the game doesn't track your playtime. You will have to do a second playthrough or at least part of one. Though you will probably want to play through a full 2nd time since the story is vastly different. All together I say it'll take you just under 100 hours to 100% it. Possible more or less based on how well you can play.

I've been playing it since release and still have a few achievements left to go. I'm working on my 2nd playthrough now. I would suggest doing Dark for your first playthrough since it'll make you a lot better at the game.

This is a great game and a very enjoyable 1000. Don't rush through it. I hope you enjoy the game.

Going to get this game next week. Glad I waited til the guide came out. That's a ton of missable achievements! Only worry I have is the controls, are they easy to get the hang of after a while?

Yes they are.... I was having trouble in the beginning as well, but after while, you'll get the hang of them. Then, later on, if you know how to play it and have the right equipment, you'll kick the games' ass lol..

I don't know if you haven't already, but try the tutorial out, just to get a feel for it. Also, it was more helpful to just roll dodge as much as you can, as opposed to parrying and blocking.

Congrats......which path did you take for that?

I followed the guide to the letter, Iorveth first then Roche. Roche was my Dark playthrough, though I kinda wish I had reversed them lol. Roche's path seemed to end just a little bit darker than Iorveths what with the whole Vergan thing and dragon death..

There is one extra troll that is on a hidden spot. It is always hostile and will attack you. Killing it won't fail the achievement. I killed it then later befriended the two trolls and the achievement popped.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great guide, but I feel it is missing a couple things. It actually leaves me with a few questions:

1. Is Necromancer achievement story related, or do I have to initiate that somehow? If it is up to me, do I just start it by drinking the potion and talking to the Deathmold, like the guide says, or do I have to do something else first?

2. For the Heartbreaker achievement, you have to beat Ves, but it doesn't say when or at what. Is this also story related, or is it some side quest you have to initiate or miss?

3. How do you deflect arrows (for Ricochet)? I have Arrow Redirection skill, but no idea how to use it.

4. Any tips on how to preform a group finisher (Threesome)?

Also, for the ones that require the correct reply (like Reasons of State and Heartbreaker), it would be nice to know which reply to give.

Edited by DragonusDarque