Achievement Guide + Roadmap

FeLizP

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but you can get the Prolix achievement in training mode. I was spending some time in the training room and scoring combos when i hit a 68 hit combo and unlocked it. Might be dumb luck but its do-able

Interesting, however since it can be unlocked in Sparring Mode as well, this is pretty much the same as unlocking it in Training except you have to switch on Sparring Mode from the Pause menu in Versus Mode! Regardless, I will edit this into the Prolix description! Nice find!

guys I finally found out the requirements for "An Ensemble Cast"

Earlier today I sent a message via twitter to Skullgirls official Twitter account. They answered me with the following:

"You unlocked it because you used a number of different team sizes and custom Ensemble (Assist) attacks."

After reading this I though of mine theory (10 matches with each team size) discussed on other topic and decided to test it again. At first I didn't worry about the custom assists but this time I did, and guess what, it just worked.

Here are the conditions, I tried it on a fresh new account.

You must:

- Play 10 matches using a team of 3 members and using a custom Ensemble assist for each of them. (After you pick the character there will be 3 assists options, the first two are regular assists and the third one is the custom. Pick that one, map any button and you are good).

- Play 10 matches using a team of 2 members and using a custom Ensemble assist for each of them.

- Play 10 matches using a character individually.

It doesn't matter which characters you use. It doesn' matter which colors you use.

The achievement shall unlock upon the start of your final match.

Righteous find. It is being edited into the guide right now. You may want to make this known on pstrophies if you have an account. Setsuna did the Skullgirls guide on there so you may want to reach him at AzureRevolver, his Live gamertag if you don't have a PST. I noticed you already posted this on Trueachievements, I edited into my solution there as well and have credited you if that's okay.

Also did you have to actually have to USE these assists? Are you NOT allowed to quit to character select and continue fulfilling the requirements? Do you know 100% if you have to play the match all the way through?

Sorry just throwing a few questions out just in case it's possible to make the achievement faster to unlock. My guess is you have to PLAY the full match through with the various team and assist combinations with a total of 30 combinations to unlock Ensemble once you start that 30th match.

Edited by FeLizP

Does anyone know is, for Ms. Fortune's achievement, her body has to be present to accumulate time towards it? I've had Ms. Fortune throw her head, then tag out so I can work on another character's achievement while her head remains on the field.

Excellent question.

Although I have not tested this out myself, it would seem very opportunistic to swap Ms Fortune out(in a tag match) and work on another character's achievement(whoever was her partner) such as Double's simultaneous combo achievement. My guess would be yes it does still accumulate time, but who know's how nitpicky it could be?

I may have to test this out later today to see. I'll edit whatever I find into the guide.

Since I'm guessing its character specific, probably sure or not, but if someone wants to waste an hour for something/nothing, go right ahead...

OT: I know the 30 Plays do mean having to finish the matches, but he didn't mention if you can do rematches or have to select characters every single time or either of the sort.

Righteous find. It is being edited into the guide right now. You may want to make this known on pstrophies if you have an account. Setsuna did the Skullgirls guide on there so you may want to reach him at AzureRevolver, his Live gamertag if you don't have a PST. I noticed you already posted this on Trueachievements, I edited into my solution there as well and have credited you if that's okay.

Also did you have to actually have to USE these assists? Are you NOT allowed to quit to character select and continue fulfilling the requirements? Do you know 100% if you have to play the match all the way through?

Sorry just throwing a few questions out just in case it's possible to make the achievement faster to unlock. My guess is you have to PLAY the full match through with the various team and assist combinations with a total of 30 combinations to unlock Ensemble once you start that 30th match.

I didn't use any assists during the matches. I can't confirm if you have to finish the matches, I've finished them all. The achievement popped at the beginning of my 10th match using one character (I was playing 1 match with 1 character, then the next with 2, then the next with 3, then back to 1 and so on, in order to have an accurate amount of required matches with each team)

I'll let Azure/Setsuna know about this method

I didn't use any assists during the matches. I can't confirm if you have to finish the matches, I've finished them all. The achievement popped at the beginning of my 10th match using one character (I was playing 1 match with 1 character, then the next with 2, then the next with 3, then back to 1 and so on, in order to have an accurate amount of required matches with each team)

I'll let Azure/Setsuna know about this method

Wonderful. The fact that you can confirm that you don't have to perform the Ensemble Assist in any of the matches is good enough for me. The solution has been perfectly edited.

It will be up to anybody else if they want to test if whether or not you can quit out or not. If they can confirm anything please leave a reply here!

So I can't seem to get Ensemble Cast. I'm following your parameters and have cleared 30 matches. To add to detail, I've been playing 30 sec matches where a few have reached the time limit, and I'm doing versus with a dummy controller. Are either of these factors preventing me from the achievement?

Edit: Yea finally got it. I don't think you could let the time expire, so I recommend NOT setting the clock to 30. Only thing I could thing of that prevented me. Anyways, got it :]

Edited by MR X 93

So I can't seem to get Ensemble Cast. I'm following your parameters and have cleared 30 matches. To add to detail, I've been playing 30 sec matches where a few have reached the time limit, and I'm doing versus with a dummy controller. Are either of these factors preventing me from the achievement?

You can play in versus and I don't think time outs affect it. Are you going back to character selection screen after each match or are you hitting "Play Again"?

I'm 100% sure you can use the play again option when playing with 1 character (since I was doing it when I unlocked the achievement on my main account), but I can't tell if it works while playing teams of 2 and 3.

Edited by Randoman

So from what i hear for the variety achievement you can just press play again when the match is over 10 times for 1 character right? Then for 2 and 3 when the match is over you have to select 2/3 different characters every single time?

So from what i hear for the variety achievement you can just press play again when the match is over 10 times for 1 character right? Then for 2 and 3 when the match is over you have to select 2/3 different characters every single time?

Characters should NOT matter, selecting Random will be just fine. However, avoid selecting "Play Again". Instead, select Change Characters and continue fulfilling the requirements. It's safer this way and confirmed to work unlike the "Play Again" option.

Edited by FeLizP

Characters should NOT matter. You should also be able to hit "Play Again" for the 2 and 3 member teams just as you did for 1 member.

I'm going to confirm this right now. I'll edit this post later

EDIT: well, it didn't work. I started playing with a team of 3. Random and Ensemble assists for all of them. Played 10 matches using the "Play Again" option. After that I used a team of 2, same parameters, Random and Ensemble assists for all characters. Played all matches using Play Again. Then with only 1 character, play again all the time and nothing happened when I hit the 30rd match.

This should probably be related with the assists, you may have to choose them again after each match

Edited by Randoman

I'm going to confirm this right now. I'll edit this post later

EDIT: well, it didn't work. I started playing with a team of 3. Random and Ensemble assists for all of them. Played 10 matches using the "Play Again" option. After that I used a team of 2, same parameters, Random and Ensemble assists for all characters. Played all matches using Play Again. Then with only 1 character, play again all the time and nothing happened when I hit the 30rd match.

This should probably be related with the assists, you may have to choose them again after each match

Got it, I'll re-edit the solution once again. Guess it's just safer to keep changing characters every time as I had originally said! :p

Edited by FeLizP

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys know how many hits it take for Painwheel's achievement? I swear I've been at it for an hour and nothing. I know it counts only if she turns red n counterhits but how many hits in total?

Never mind I got it through an alternate method. I found it on another site and it involves setting up a match with her vs cerebella.

"Set it up like so: Use your own level 3 (same motion as above) to give yourself a damage boost, then have Cerebella perform her level 3. After that, but before the screen turns dark, charge HP or c.HK to start absorbing so that you absorb the diamond and hit her. Immediately cancel into death crawl (quarter circle forward and two punches) and you should easily have done enough damage to unlock the achievement."

Edited by Kash Howard
Had to add something

• 4 weeks later...