Anyone else sick of Europeans making fun of North Americans for not liking soccer?

Assasin13

We Win! after 1-1 draw shows the difference between are countrys footballing quality as well as the best Americans in the USA team have or are playing in England/ Europe. E.g Dempsey, Donavan, Guzan, Altidore ect.

To be honest I actually think Altidore and Guzan are pretty crap. We have many better players than them back here in the States, such as Donavan who was only on loan during the off season due to different schedules, but this year the LA Galaxy have stated they don't want him loaned due to the fact that they want him well rested for this season to win a championship. Then there is also Edson Buddle who is only like 21 years old who is really good and players like Michael Bradley, Carlos Bocanegra,Jonathan Borstein,Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Oguchi Onyewu, with a few others as well who are pretty good players, including the young German/American player who switched his national teams from Germany to the USA. You also forgot about Tim Howard our goalkeeper who is one of our better players who plays for Everton.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everthing there is wrong, and if everyone "had a good laugh at me" they clearly don't know what sarcasm is and I'm still claiming I didn't cheat because I didn't and I've never cheated at anything, so I'll only say it one more time you completely misunderstood the sarcasm and have been crying about it so get over it and find something better to do other than arguing with everyone on this site you sad moron and if you respond to this then you obviously don't have a real life and I'll just ignore you anyway bye.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not at all. I find it quite different from my neck of the woods. Soccer has never been the 'in' sport and if anything we make fun of soccer in general. As no offense is meant to anyone by this, but I hardly consider it a sport haha. It doesn't matter though, NA is very different from the rest of the world in terms of sporting interest!

If thats your opinion then fine. But why are you on a football thread.

I can appreciate that im probably not the most popular person on this thread. And yes, ive said somethings that have proven to be false. But surely we can all agree that these comments are pointless. If you dont like a sport, musical genre, flavour of crisps why bloody comment on it.

To be honest I actually think Altidore and Guzan are pretty crap. We have many better players than them back here in the States, such as Donavan who was only on loan during the off season due to different schedules, but this year the LA Galaxy have stated they don't want him loaned due to the fact that they want him well rested for this season to win a championship. Then there is also Edson Buddle who is only like 21 years old who is really good and players like Michael Bradley, Carlos Bocanegra,Jonathan Borstein,Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Oguchi Onyewu, with a few others as well who are pretty good players, including the young German/American player who switched his national teams from Germany to the USA. You also forgot about Tim Howard our goalkeeper who is one of our better players who plays for Everton.

Whats happened to young Freddie Adu? Last I heard big things were expected of him.

I just want to point out that they where just examples that pop'd into my head i know there are more especially Goalkeepers and thats why i said "ect"

On why your mocked -

Teams with stupid gimmick names

No promotion/relegation

Calling kits, uniforms/jerseys

Absurd commentary - Man City Vs Ny red bulls in a friendly before the start of the 10/11 season was an embarrassment

Calling squads rosters

Using the word franchise

And last but not least why you will never under any circumstance be taken seriously, you call football that bastard s word.

It's all about where you are from. I'm from the United States where we say "the soccer player wears a uniform/jersey and is apart of a roster and plays for a franchise." I don't know where you are from but I'm going to assume the United Kingdom. You would say this about an American football player "the American football player wears a kit and is apart of a squad and plays for a for an American football club." It all depends on where you are from.

this thread desperately needs axiomatic input

1. Americans, bar one or two blessed souls do NOT appreciate football in our european manner

2. They never shall - its called cultural separation

3. They shouldn't WANT to, they have about a billion big name sports of their own, let em swim in the pools of their own decadence

• 11 months later...

Two things:

1. Australia is the best at football in the world. (Australian Rules Football that is!)

2. AFL (Australian Football Leauge) and rugby are both tougher that American Football due to the lack of... armour.

Yes, its about the size of one's cojones! :)

And just to add to it, there's nothing quite like that atmosphere of a game of football in England.