Loving It.

Go check. Some of the BB's were open at midnight to sell it, so they have it. BTW, nobody got a Sunday delivery. They got them on Friday and couldn't sell until Sunday.

By Sunday delivery I didn't mean the stores receiving them, I meant it being shipped to me for Sunday. I pre-ordered online and therefore have to wait for it to be shipped out.

I didn't go into GH3 with high hopes, but in spite of low expectations, I was STILL disappointed.

My review:

Next, and most importantly, this game is BROKEN. The gimmick went too far, with not enough modes, and everything suffers as a result.

#1 Co-op career = fun. No co-op quickplay = stupid. If you want to play a song co-op, you have to beat the career for it first. Also, in co-op career, there are some songs that you can't play. Some of the encores from solo career aren't there, which means if you want to play them co-op, you're forced to play faceoff. Bonus songs? No such luck.

#2 Co-op unlockables = worst idea ever. Suck My Kiss is a great song. It's fun to play. Don't have a friend or XBL? Guess what? You're screwed. You'll never play it. I should be able to unlock everything on my own.

#3 Boss battles. Fun gimmick at first. However, the last boss battle. Lou. The Devil Went Down to Georgia. The song is fun, and the battle part of it ruins it. What's more, you CAN'T play it in quickplay. You play it versus Lou, or not at all.

#4 The achievements are worse than I expected. I beat it on hard, 15 lousy points. Meanwhile, if I had played "Controller Hero 3" instead, I would've gotten twice the points. LAME.

i will definently agree with you on the achievements...they are way too out of proportion in the points department and some of them are worthless tasks that just make you waste your time...plus in order to get about half of them you need some serious skills, making it near impossible to have a respectable score for beginning gamers or some people who don't spend countless hours practicing...but besides that rant i really got the game for the fun of it, NOT achievements, so i am happy with it

thats true. There are MANY thing they couldve done to make it go along smoother.

for 1 make the freaking co-op career online!!!!

plus all the guitar trouble there giving us... switch ups-faulty guitars that hurt our wrists.

We have so many things to complain about and guess what.... the game has only been out for 1 day!!

today i picked up GHIII cuz i enjoyed the first two...but im on the fence about this one. i dont like the new look of it...the achievements suck...coop career isnt online... the guitar is a little uncomfortable...but wireless is a nice addition... setlist is pretty good... and the ability to play live is cool

its ehhh

Im more psyched about rock band which will hopefully put this game to shame

I haven't got mine yet (I ordered the 'Elite' bundle from Red Octane). My order got held up in Colorado, which sucks because I live in NY. Might get it Wednesday... but plan to beat it day one. I've done it with every other GH game, so this one will be no different.

To help me wait, I downloaded the import pack from GHII... it didn't help the wait. :p