Easy "Sweeper" Achievement

Roborobz

I have the same problem, the other 3 I need (sweeper, 100 feathers adn tehcape one) I can get no probs but this one is annoying. Is there a particular part that has sand in it?

Make sure you are in active combat when you try to throw sand. Also make sure you are pushing and holding the X button, not just tapping it. When I did mine I was running from a bunch of guards in Tuscany (the actual city portion, so I was on cobblestone) and I didn't have anyone targeted. I just spun around and threw a bunch of sand, it hit 4 guards and popped.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezio's such a cunt - he keeps dropping the spear and I don't know how you lot manage to do this without being interrupted - it takes 30 minutes for the attack to charge, during which time I've been stabbed 50 or so times :confused:

Make sure you don't ever enter free running mode, or he will drop the spear. Also, try to get just normal guards involved in the fight and avoid the others. As soon as the guards go hostile, just start doing the sweep even if they aren't in range (sometimes they will rush right into it). When I did it, I didn't charge it up all the way, I just did a bunch of weaker sweeps in a row and hit several guards with each sweep. It popped after I had hit two sets of 3 guards back to back, so I'm guessing as long as they are all swept within a few seconds of each other, it counts as the 5 that you need.

I wrote assassinate all 4 for a reason, one of which would be the destruction of the spear which some people do find a bit depressing when they break and you don't have a chance to pull off "sweeper." After killing the group of guards, the leader being the one with the spear there should be no opposition to you just taking your time, walking in circles, staring at bird if you want, or even take a nap, to pick up the spear at your leisure.

But yes, you do drop the spear fairly easily in the game, the main part due to free running, which makes automatically drop whats in his hand so that he can climb walls etc. to escape guards. (If you have ever did the tutorial with Uncle Mario you should know free running is to escape, or run from guards, If i was in that position I'd drop shit and run too)

Simply walk to the guard post of your choice (some people have mentioned the first set or the set I originally picked out) take your time not to drop/break the spear and pull off the sweeper achievement

Good luck

Thanks :) got it and then sandman on the same guys on my second attempt (dropped the spear without noticing the first time :))

EDIT: the problem with using a smoke bomb for sandman is that once everyone around you is stunned, your not in combat, so you can't throw sand...

Edited by SpinelesS

• 3 weeks later...
In assassins Creed 2 the Sweeper Achievement eluded to find an easy way to deal with it and then I noticed a guard pattern that might make this easier for some people:

- Must have acess to the Venice, San Marco District

-Must buy "Long Weapon Training" from the villa combat instructor (the guy by the ring) for 10k Florians (i think 10k not sure)

- Take fast travel from any other area besides those in Venice to the San Marco District

- Quickly move foward and look for the first guard patrol

-- the patrol should have a soldier with a spear which i found is the weapon to sweep with

---Assassinate all 4 in the group and grab the spear

-move North around the area of the Campanile di San Marco and look towards the east you'll see 4 Brutes standind together guarding the gate.

-Engage the brutes ( 1 random soldier should attack with them making 5)

- Pull of the sweep and stab your way till freedom

Great place to do this! Thanks for the tip. :uzi: