Career Mode Difficulty???

treo9

Does career mode have difficulty settings because i've been playing for a few hours now and the career mode seems stupidly easy, while playing exibition matches on higher difficulty is a good challenge and a more realistic match but career doesn't seem to have the option to change difficulty settings and its killing the game for me:confused:....HELP

Yeah the 3rd season is were things seem to get very challenging weird after i just won 8 grand slams in a row and only lost one game in 2 years (due to boredom) and still only ranked 29 in the world, fair to say becoming number 1 will be tough though..what a mess career mode is lol....next yeah maybe EA next year enjoy my money.

Any way to reduce the difficulty? This is just crazy stupid.

There weren't many options for levelling up your guy in the first 2 seasons.

Especially with the exhibition matches that give you points not unlocking until you reach a certain number of points and even when you complete them you don't get the points you have just won when you hit the points needed to unlock.

Any way to reduce the difficulty? This is just crazy stupid.

There weren't many options for levelling up your guy in the first 2 seasons.

Especially with the exhibition matches that give you points not unlocking until you reach a certain number of points and even when you complete them you don't get the points you have just won when you hit the points needed to unlock.

I tried everything setting the difficulty down a bit, but with NO success. I agree with you that it gets so rediculous difficult hat I decided to leave it at that. The game is no fun if you dont have a chance of getting a win. The first 2 years were too easy, afte that ir gets too hard, why didn´t they make something inbetween?

I tried everything setting the difficulty down a bit, but with NO success. I agree with you that it gets so rediculous difficult hat I decided to leave it at that. The game is no fun if you dont have a chance of getting a win. The first 2 years were too easy, afte that ir gets too hard, why didn´t they make something inbetween?

I personally think that it should stay at the difficulty you set it to weather it be easy or hard etc because it quite frankly irritates me when games start out easy like Grand Slam Tennis 2 but then all of a sudden get so ridiculously hard that it feels impossible to complete the game don’t get me wrong I always like a good challenge but seriously like every one has said when it gets to a point when the CPU practically returns every thing you hit at them and seemingly always at angles in which you have no chance at hitting it back because of the difficulty spike well then yeah you get the idea.

So like a few people have said EA should have made it fun and challenging or like I said it should it always be set to the difficulty the player chooses it to be and I actually think it is so bad that EA should patch it (even though they won't) so it can be like we said either fun and challenging or the difficulty the player chooses it to be.

So well done EA well bloody done for ruining a game that I was enjoying at first but like no longer am.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I suggest making sure you pass all training challenges and only focus on exhibition/rivalry matches to upgrade equipment and attribute points, if you fail one just dashboard quit out and retry you have to pass everything. I found the australian open at the start of year 3 very tough and played a 5 set match the first round lost the first two sets came back to win in 5 it taught me alot about the A.I and when to utilize each and every shot, i'm not that far of number 1 ranking in season 4 and have 13 Grand slams so it is possible. Difficulty sliders next year for sure locking difficulty in any game is a big no no for me.

still waiting on my game to arrive...

in the meantime, I see all of you posting about how the difficulty increases as the game progresses in career mode. After viewing the achievement list again, I see that most likely (as I mentioned I have yet to play) you are going to have to do a male and female career. With this said do you think it might be easier obtaining the 'Reach #1 Rank Achievement' during the female career? I know with other tennis games you can see a clear difference between male and female players (ie: physical stats: power, speed, etc) And no I am not being a chauvinist just simply asking a question and putting an idea out there...

Thoughts???

still waiting on my game to arrive...

in the meantime, I see all of you posting about how the difficulty increases as the game progresses in career mode. After viewing the achievement list again, I see that most likely (as I mentioned I have yet to play) you are going to have to do a male and female career. With this said do you think it might be easier obtaining the 'Reach #1 Rank Achievement' during the female career? I know with other tennis games you can see a clear difference between male and female players (ie: physical stats: power, speed, etc) And no I am not being a chauvinist just simply asking a question and putting an idea out there...

Thoughts???

I don't think there would be a difference because although I've only played through as a female so far up to year 3 and it is like we have said pretty hard so I couldn't imagine a male's career being much different.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I haven't had that much issue with the difficulty progression, I'm on the 4th year, I only play the grandslams, been ranked #1 all year, and I'm only at a 50 player rating (not counting the +7 and +8 attribute add ons from shoes/racket). I've found that the pattern to play most players is the same, whether it's a no namer or a Federer or Nadal.

I always play the shortest matches, 1 set first to 3 games. The key is to break his serve on him serving the 2nd game (i'll explain in a sec)

Here's what I do:

1. Because I'm a lefty, my player is always lefty in any tennis game, including this.

2. While serving, I serve and volley 100% of the time - I found that the harder I serve, the harder the return will be, so I abandoned the flat serve after my second season and went exclusively slice serve - I try to serve it as wide as possible on both sides of the court - many times it serve/return/volley for winner. I found it extremely easy to hold serve.

3. When returning, I always hit slice returns back towards the server while rushing the net - 9 times out of 10 he'll try to go back down the line with his shot (unless you cheat too much towards the line). If he goes down the line, then you can hit a top spin cross court volley which generally will be a winner.

Please note that with the faster players, it's not as bang/bang (1 volley and win the point), but even with that, the AI opponent is predictable, he will just keep going away from you when you're at the next, so basically you're moving back and forth from one side of court (at net) you should eventually win the "angle battle" and hit a volley he (or she) cannot return.

You want to break that serve in the 2nd game, which puts you in the position to serve out for the match on the 3rd game. The reason it's critical to do that, because if your opponent comes around to serve again, he will resort to slow serves and serving/volleying - I found it very easy to win on the deuce side of the court (right side) by simply scooting up and jumping the serve and hitting a quick slice down the line for a winner. However, the add side of the court (left side) is a little more difficult, especially if he serves it down the line - I would try to cheat towards line, causing the opponent to serve wide, which if timed right, again, allows you to hit a quick slice shot down the line for a winner.

In conclusion, while the ability of the opponent jumps by leaps and bounds after the 2nd season, they are extremely predictable. Serve and volley exclusively while serving and rush the net on your initial return shot when not serving.

If anyone has any further questions, message me on XBL.

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I haven't had that much issue with the difficulty progression, I'm on the 4th year, I only play the grandslams, been ranked #1 all year, and I'm only at a 50 player rating (not counting the +7 and +8 attribute add ons from shoes/racket). I've found that the pattern to play most players is the same, whether it's a no namer or a Federer or Nadal.

I always play the shortest matches, 1 set first to 3 games. The key is to break his serve on him serving the 2nd game (i'll explain in a sec)

Here's what I do:

1. Because I'm a lefty, my player is always lefty in any tennis game, including this.

2. While serving, I serve and volley 100% of the time - I found that the harder I serve, the harder the return will be, so I abandoned the flat serve after my second season and went exclusively slice serve - I try to serve it as wide as possible on both sides of the court - many times it serve/return/volley for winner. I found it extremely easy to hold serve.

3. When returning, I always hit slice returns back towards the server while rushing the net - 9 times out of 10 he'll try to go back down the line with his shot (unless you cheat too much towards the line). If he goes down the line, then you can hit a top spin cross court volley which generally will be a winner.

Please note that with the faster players, it's not as bang/bang (1 volley and win the point), but even with that, the AI opponent is predictable, he will just keep going away from you when you're at the next, so basically you're moving back and forth from one side of court (at net) you should eventually win the "angle battle" and hit a volley he (or she) cannot return.

You want to break that serve in the 2nd game, which puts you in the position to serve out for the match on the 3rd game. The reason it's critical to do that, because if your opponent comes around to serve again, he will resort to slow serves and serving/volleying - I found it very easy to win on the deuce side of the court (right side) by simply scooting up and jumping the serve and hitting a quick slice down the line for a winner. However, the add side of the court (left side) is a little more difficult, especially if he serves it down the line - I would try to cheat towards line, causing the opponent to serve wide, which if timed right, again, allows you to hit a quick slice shot down the line for a winner.

In conclusion, while the ability of the opponent jumps by leaps and bounds after the 2nd season, they are extremely predictable. Serve and volley exclusively while serving and rush the net on your initial return shot when not serving.

If anyone has any further questions, message me on XBL.

This does make it seem as easy as the first 2 years, i am on the 4th year and although i have seen an increase in difficulty i am still able to win matches. Some take me to tie break but still winnable. People need to stop complaining and learn how to beat your opponent once the difficulty is ramped up. Its not that bad...

yep, the tips listed a few posts above this are what you should be doing to complete this game.

FYI you will need 70,000 career points to unlock all the shoes and racquets. this will take you until season 8 when you can then simulate the rest of the remaining 2 years to 1k this game

This does make it seem as easy as the first 2 years, i am on the 4th year and although i have seen an increase in difficulty i am still able to win matches. Some take me to tie break but still winnable. People need to stop complaining and learn how to beat your opponent once the difficulty is ramped up. Its not that bad...

Thanks for the help, I'm definitely going to beat it now.... Not.

I agree, it's not that "insurmountable" by any means - it just means you won't be winning every match by winning EVERY point and EVERY game - but I've used the same method since season 4, I very rarely lose a match (or even a game for that matter), if you don't know what I'm talking about, see my post above. The method is simple - RUSH THE NET, RUSH THE NET, RUSH THE NET (Serve and Volley when serving, charge the net on your serve return when receiving).

I'm at about 65,000 points right now, from what I read, when you get to about 70,000 you can just skip the rest of matches to end of career, it shouldn't take you out of #1 ranking.

I agree, it's not that "insurmountable" by any means - it just means you won't be winning every match by winning EVERY point and EVERY game - but I've used the same method since season 4, I very rarely lose a match (or even a game for that matter), if you don't know what I'm talking about, see my post above. The method is simple - RUSH THE NET, RUSH THE NET, RUSH THE NET (Serve and Volley when serving, charge the net on your serve return when receiving).

I'm at about 65,000 points right now, from what I read, when you get to about 70,000 you can just skip the rest of matches to end of career, it shouldn't take you out of #1 ranking.

Yeah but doing the serve and volley technique and rushing the net i mananged to 1000g this game, the only annoying thing was the luck based achievements for beating "xxx" at "xxx". I had to create several new careers until i got who i wanted on the correct side of the bracket at the event needed. Did it in the end!

• 1 month later...