Level 35 Bull@#%#.....

To both of you ^^^^

Just for everyone else's sake, which path did you do?

I did Iorveth on my first playthrough and got to 35 doing all main and side quests (use the guide before making decisions because some choices will not give you XP, iirc). I did Roche (albeit on Dark Mode) and only got to something like 32 or 33. Seemed to me like there was more to do on the Iorveth path.

To both of you ^^^^

I did Iorveth on my first playthrough and got to 35 doing all main and side quests (use the guide before making decisions because some choices will not give you XP, iirc). I did Roche (albeit on Dark Mode) and only got to something like 32 or 33. Seemed to me like there was more to do on the Iorveth path.

I think you may be right, which is funny because after looking at the Strat guide for this game it seemed as though Roche had more side quests and that is why I chose his path for my first playthrough. Very strange....this sucks because now I have to do 100% of eveything all over again. I wanted to plough through this game 2 more times but i guess that isn't happening anymore. Not happy!

To both of you ^^^^

I was Roche. I ended up reloading my save from where I saved Anais. You can kill the Knights outside of the city if you save her and tell roche to give her to natalis.

It's easy then to grind out the last half level or level if you do that. But you can only kill them if you're on Ivoreth's path, Roche's path if you save Anais AND give her to Natalis. You can't on Roche's path if you give her to Ravaoid or save Triss.

Besides the people in here who claim to have done it with Roche, I've never heard of it happening.

No claims. It happened. Check out some other threads here on x360a (where I learned about the knights trick) and TrueAchievements. You can go to xbox.com and look at my achievements as well.

But in all honesty, it's much easier to do with Iorveth. I hit 35 before the dragon fight and I didn't do anything extra in chapter 3. I also didn't do a couple quests in chapter 2 and ignored the asylum quest.

Edited by Grammaton Dryad

No claims. It happened. Check out some other threads here on x360a (where I learned about the knights trick) and TrueAchievements. You can go to xbox.com and look at my achievements as well.

But in all honesty, it's much easier to do with Iorveth. I hit 35 before the dragon fight and I didn't do anything extra in chapter 3. I also didn't do a couple quests in chapter 2 and ignored the asylum quest.

I believe you, I was just a little skeptic about the whole thing. I'm sorry.

I also think Iorveth is the best choice if you really want this achievement, since you can skip a few quests and still reach level 35. Getting it with Roche seems to be a lot more complicated.

Just finished up my Dark playthrough. I got the level 35 achievement by taking Roche's path. If you do every single side quest and make sure to make the choices that give experience, you'll easily hit 35. I was 4 experience points away from 35 when I went into the last meeting with all the Kings. There are a few walkthroughs on Gamefaqs that are superb if you want a guide for all quests...

Just finished up my Dark playthrough. I got the level 35 achievement by taking Roche's path. If you do every single side quest and make sure to make the choices that give experience, you'll easily hit 35. I was 4 experience points away from 35 when I went into the last meeting with all the Kings. There are a few walkthroughs on Gamefaqs that are superb if you want a guide for all quests...

I did every single side quest and made all the choices that give experience but yet I still only passed the game at level 34.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Iorveth's Path is easiest for getting the Guru Achievement from the looks of things. To make things easier, during chapter one Grind off of the Nekkers that appear outside of Flotsam until you hit Level 14. It is here that killing monsters will no longer count towards XP but you'll still get loot. Upon hitting Act II, make sure you grind on Harpies until Level 23 as they drop feathers which is needed for the Sack full of Fluff side quest. Once you reach level 23, go into Vergen (Iorveth's Path only) and go into either the Mine once you have access OR the cave near the Mysterious Merchant and fight Rotfiends until you reach Level 28, then proceed with Plot, and of course completing Side Quests along the way. Doing this should put you close to Level 33 or 34 before fighting the Big Boss of Act II. Anything you do in Act III will push you to Level 35 with some xp to Spare.

EDIT: Upon further playing, if you grind off of Rotfiends until you reach Level 28 and complete all of the side quests and most of the main plot in Act II, you'll reach Level 35 BEFORE you fight the Draug Enemy. Also, and I can't believe I forgot to mention this, be sure you destroy the ten dummies so you can gain the +10% XP perk. This will make Monster Grinding a little easier and when you get over encombered, return to the nearest merchant and sell off your excess baggage. The Oren profits will also aid you in obtaining the Miser achievement.

Edited by WolfmanStarrk
Newly found information

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did Roche's path on easy, I also used this guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/997903-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/faqs/64579

The person in the guide seemed to level up faster than I did, but I chose all the options that gave XP in the guide. But at the end I chose to help Roche instead of Triss (when I chose her I was 15 points from level 35 at the end). When helping Roche I gave Anais to Natalis so that I could fight the order guards that came to collect her. After all of this I was just a little bit into level 34 before the summit and got the achievement no problem after that.

Hope this helps someone starting out! Or playing through again :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I started on Iorveth's path, and kept in mind the whole playthrough that I didn't want to have to grind for Guru on my Dark playthrough. As a result, Guru popped for me as soon as I was in control of Geralt at the start of the 3rd chapter. There's no secret to it, just play the game. The +10% Exp perk is handy, but it wasn't necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hit 36 (35 and maxed xp bar) on my Iorveth playthrough on Easy after getting the dagger. I missed an early quest or 2. So on that run I was very much over the achievement.

On my Dark run I hit 32. But I skipped a ton of quests. I tried to farm Harpies, but they were giving me 0xp so once I had enough gold for armours I stopped. (Roche)