Man At Arms achievement

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1760/5-4Ud0E=.jpg Man at Arms 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png Collect 1 of every weapon in the game

This could be a doozy. I'm guessing it could be one of three ways:

1. You need to collect one of every weapon type. This would mean one staff, one bow, one dagger, one longsword, one broadsword, one two-handed axe, one throwing axe, etc.. It's possible there would be 50 or so of these, but you could realistically find them on a single playthrough.
  2. You need to collect one of every weapon type and category. This would mean there a difference between a longsword of slaying and a longsword of ice. If this is the case, we could be looking at 50 weapons each with 10 varieties, meaning 500 weapons to track down. This would be difficult.
  3. You need to collect one of each weapon type, category, and class. This means that a rusty longsword is different than an iron longsword. If this is the case, and each weapon has 5 classes, we could be looking at 2,500+ weapon types. I truly doubt this is the case, as it would require an absurd amount of grinding and luck.

Other things which factor into this scenario:

1. Can you trade weapons online?
  2. Do you have to collect all the items with a single character?
  3. Do you need to have them all in your chest/on your person simultaneously?
  4. Does it count if you had an item but then sold it/traded it?

This achievement could either be something that happens naturally during gameplay or an nightmare of grinding.

Guessing one of each type. So one dagger, one axe, etc. Trading might work, but I feel like they aren't going to make it incredibly hard to come across one of each. Guessing no for simultaneous, too. Might have to be same character, though. Hm.

Guessing one of each type. So one dagger, one axe, etc. Trading might work, but I feel like they aren't going to make it incredibly hard to come across one of each. Guessing no for simultaneous, too. Might have to be same character, though. Hm.

I agree with this, but also would think they might make it a little more in-depth. By that I mean, and I apologize OP if you mentioned this, but I skimmed so I'm going to reiterate. Anyways. something along the lines of swords: Long sword, short sword, cutlass, etcetera. I doubt there will be that many variations, but I would assume there could be easily 4 types of weapons with 5 variations. I'm not a D&D fan, but I assume the types are similar to other RPG games.

Btw in reference to your follow up questions I would imagine the game records you having it once you pick it up. So I highly doubt you have to have them all on your person at once or in your chest for it to pop.

I'm reasonably sure it's just every weapon 'type' by which I mean now just one handed bladed weapons but you'll need a Dagger, Axe, Short Sword, Long Sword, Scimitar etc.. I'd had loads of every type of weapon in various varieties but it popped when I found a plain old Shuriken (first I'd seen of those). You don't need to hold them all at one time either but I'm not sure if it carries over between characters as I've only played one thus far.

It took me until level 7 and Chapter 2/3 on my first run to get it so I'd mirror the above and say just collect weapons and you'll have it eventually. certainly long before 4 chars to level 10 I'd imagine.

I'm reasonably sure it's just every weapon 'type' by which I mean now just one handed bladed weapons but you'll need a Dagger, Axe, Short Sword, Long Sword, Scimitar etc.. I'd had loads of every type of weapon in various varieties but it popped when I found a plain old Shuriken (first I'd seen of those). You don't need to hold them all at one time either but I'm not sure if it carries over between characters as I've only played one thus far.

It took me until level 7 and Chapter 2/3 on my first run to get it so I'd mirror the above and say just collect weapons and you'll have it eventually. certainly long before 4 chars to level 10 I'd imagine.

Well that's certainly good news if you don't have to keep one of everything in your inventory. I'm running out of room from keeping all the different weapons my character can't even use.

So from the roadmap guide there is a list of weapons for this achievement... I have all but two of the weapons. I need the Bastard Sword (not tiefling) and I need a plain "staff". I can't seem to find either of these weapons anywhere. I've been searching for them for 2 days. I have almost collected 100k gold on one character just from running around killing stuff from one vendor to the next trying to find the items as a drop or for sale. Does anyone know where you can get these two items?

My Man at Arms achievement popped on my 2nd character (Rogue) when she was at Level 10.

I used the list of weapons from the achievement guide to note which weapons I had collected. Oddly, I never collected a MACE or any weapon with mace in the name, but the achievement still popped. :)

Oh, and I haven't played a second in multiplayer, so that requirement can definitely be crossed of the possibilities list.

The achievement is not based on each weapon category (1-handed sword, 2-handed sword, staff, bow, etc.). I can confirm that as I bought one of every type and had at least one of each in my inventory and no pop.

I got it to pop when farming the final boss area. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is each prefix/suffix type, for example, Cloth Armor of the Pact, Fiery Helmet, Helmet of Neutralization, I think you get the idea. You need to acquire (buying or finding) equipment to have held at least one of EACH type of those (Fiery, Pact, etc.) for it to pop. The end boss is best to farm due to the equipment that drops can have 1-3 of these.

Also, I do not think you need each stage of each type. For example type = fire resistance while the stage would be Fiery = +1 fire resist, Scorching = +2 fire resist. I do not think you need each stage, just each type (fire resist, fire damage, ice resist, ice damage, etc.). Yes, there are more types than just element damage or resistance.

Edited by Qweklain

The achievement is not based on each weapon category (1-handed sword, 2-handed sword, staff, bow, etc.). I can confirm that as I bought one of every type and had at least one of each in my inventory and no pop.

I got it to pop when farming the final boss area. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is each prefix/suffix type, for example, Cloth Armor of the Pact, Fiery Helmet, Helmet of Neutralization, I think you get the idea. You need to acquire (buying or finding) equipment to have held at least one of EACH type of those (Fiery, Pact, etc.) for it to pop. The end boss is best to farm due to the equipment that drops can have 1-3 of these.

Also, I do not think you need each stage of each type. For example type = fire resistance while the stage would be Fiery = +1 fire resist, Scorching = +2 fire resist. I do not think you need each stage, just each type (fire resist, fire damage, ice resist, ice damage, etc.). Yes, there are more types than just element damage or resistance.

I believe I can confirm it's not based (at least solely) on elemental types such as this as it popped for me when I picked up a plain Shuriken having never have held/owned any Shuriken before that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I happened to get it by chance. One my first play through, during my first time in the city mines. I just picked up everything along the way, brought/sold what I could at the vendors.

I'm willing give/drop all the odds and ends I have spare later once on-line.

• 5 months later...