DLC - Quick Guide to Defeating Professor K (3 Turns)

DeZmonD88

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did this right now using only reversas. Took five turns. He used reflect on his 2nd, kilo on his 3rd and annihilation on his fourth. I followed the guide on the first page and beat him on my first try.

I only had Ming and Seth alive when he used annihilation and it missed both of them. Sarah came back to life next turn and just kept on truckin with those reversas.

Only need TT then I have my 1100/1100!

Thanks for the couple year old guide!

• 2 weeks later...

took me 4-5 trips down ... what a bastard, though I finally got him, very satisfying feeling ^^;

got to say it does take time to know him - strategy wise (I didn't watch the video) but thanks for the great tips.

and as a final note this DLC sucks, just a plain stupid cut and paste of nothing original dungeon, it's a ripoff for the original price they wanted.

At least I only payed 80 points for it - and still, it's an awesome game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a question why can't you go full HP on the fight and use DivideX2? if he does casts a kelo-ultimate hit then it will take your hp back to 1 then using reversas finish him off. Also does annihilation kill you or does persistence save you?

• 3 weeks later...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH been playing this all day and i cant defeat this guy. first round goes as plan. second round he casts reflect which usually either heals a character (meaning i do 0 damage) or ends up killing characters (after 2 reversas hit them). From this point the guides out the window. Please can someone help me out with any tricks=(

Unequip all items that heal or absorb attacks. On the second turn, with your three fastest characters, have them cast a level 1 elemental spell, then a reversa, instead of two reversas. Assuming you have nulify all elements, if reflect is casted you'll take no damage and break the reflect on the third hit. On turn 3 just cast double reversas, and you should win. He'll occasionally cast reflect again but that is a lot less likely and you will lose if you try to prevent damage again regardless.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fucks sake. Of course the cunt used reflect on the second turn, tortured me for a bit and then annihilated me with a fucking meteor. Were the developers high? Lets make a long ass dungeon with no save points, with an indestructible fuck at the end of it. 4 Hours of work gone. Fuck this game. I'm out :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just finished him one the first try using the Reversa Method. Finding the robot and wait for it to shoot lasers to bring every immortal to 1 life took a while. Healed back up to 101 with health potions. I tried bringing my life down with the dark kelo's and it wasn't working. I spammed, double cast Reversa on 4 immortals, 3 turns, and got lucky.

• 1 month later...

Let’s face it, Professor K is a real pain in the arse. He is very powerful, very quick, basically immune to every physical attack and has the ability to restore his health. In addition to that he has a certain priority on your attacks and performs often magic counterattacks. But his weak point is that he is very concerned about his health and if it goes too low he will regenerate himself instead of attacking. That's why to kill him you have to be faster than him at the very beginning and strike a massive powerful attack during the first turn of your fight.

As long as he takes strong damage, he won't attack much, he will just keep regenerating himself. To cause him substantial pain you MUST have a supreme advanced party and you MUST acquire the ability to cast a double spell in one turn: in simple word you need the "1 turn cast spell" and "spell time reduction 3" abilities that can be learnt through acquiring "accelerator" and "rose quartz" during your descent to the Killalon cave.

Here's the full strategy to kill professor K. is a little bit long but is the only one I tried that will grant you to kill him first try. I tried it myself and it works all the time.

Grinding

1. Get ready for many hours of grinding. Your party must be Sed(back) + all the immortals(front). Every immortal must have those abilities equipped: Persistent, absorb elements, double cast, absorb magic, spell counter, counterattack 2, auto HP and auto MP, casting time reduction 1 and 2, turn tail.

2. Enter the dungeon, go straight to level 21\22, turn tailing EVERY battle. Look for the enemy called Supreme K (he is the one that drops rose quartz).

3. Keep killing supreme K until he drops rose quartz. This part is very annoying and requires just patience because rose quartz has a very low drop rate (my estimation is 2%). To save time, skip every battle not involving supreme K.

4. After many battles you'll eventually get your first rose quartz. Equip the rose quartz to one of the immortal. Go straight to the floor 25 and take the elevator back. Return to the Slantnose and save.

5. Re-enter the dungeon. This time head straight to level 19, turn-tailing every battle. Here you'll encounter Steam K very often. Keep killing it until you get the accelerator. This item is a rare one and has the same drop rate as the rose quartz so be patient. It may take you few hours but eventually you'll get your first accelerator. Equip it to one of your immortals to learn the related ability. Go to floor 20, take the elevator back, Slantnose and save.

6. Now, since you have a save point with both items equipped (accelerator and rose quartz) you have to learn the related abilities. Rose quartz will take you the biggest effort because it requires 999 ability points. Accelerator, only 100 ability points. So enter the dungeon again, turntailing every battle till level 21\22. equip those two items to one immortal. Equip the "double AP" ability to your immortals and start killing Supreme Ks as much as you can as described in point 3. In this way, all the ability points will upgrade accelerator and rose quartz at the same time. Remember to equip accelerator to another immortal as soon as one of them will learn the ability. Killing supreme K not only will grant you a lot of AP but you'll have the possibility to get another rose quartz, which will speed up the learning ability process. If you are particularly lucky, you can just get 4 rose quartzes during the process and by then you don't really need to learn the ability as long as you just keep the item equipped.

7. As long as you have the accelerator ability and all the immortals have a rose quartz, (or the related ability) exit the dungeon, enter the slantnose and save... and prepare for the final battle.

Killing professor K – final battle

Thanks to the massive grinding all your party should be at level 99 by now (if it wasn't already). Go straight to the lowest level (turn-tail every battle) and prepare your party for the fight. Use only Sed(front) and all immortals(back). Equip all of them with the abilities as in point 1 of the grinding + the cast time reduction 3 you learnt from Accelerator and “level 8 white magic” (or equip the related item)

First turn: As soon as the battle starts, Sed should cast “magic seal” to prevent the first regeneration and then every immortal should cast "divide" twice. This will cause him around 80K of damage which is 4\5 of its total energy.

Second turn: Every character should double cast "reflect" and "divide" (for example Kaim should cast first reflect on himself and then divide on killalon) this strategy will make you immune to any magic spell professor K may inflict you including "annihilation". Don't worry if professor K will buff itself with "reflect". As long as you also have “reflect he will not cause you too much damage.

Third turn: If he is still alive and you lost some hp, double cast "divide" or "reversa", according to the actual amount of your hp. Choose wisely between “divide” and “reversa” to inflict him the higher possible damage. After this third powerful attack he should drop dead. If not rinse and repeat and he will sure fall.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

1st: Follow instructions provided at the beginning of this thread!

Turn 1: Sed uses the skill "Magic Seal" on Prof. K. All Immortals continue with Reversas as instructed

Turn 2: HOPEFULLY, Prof. K.'s Reflect spell will be nullified by "Magic Seal" cast on Turn 1. Continue with Reversas until cheevo pops.

My first shot at this boss I was annihilated. My second round I used "Magic Seal" with Sed and it nullified Prof. K.'s Reflect. I DID NOT try to see if this was repeatable and don't know how probable "Magic Seal" will work for you. It is 1/1 for me and allowed me to kill Prof. K. in TWO TURNS. I had lvl 80-85 immortals and level 78 Sed. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
1st: Follow instructions provided at the beginning of this thread!

Turn 1: Sed uses the skill "Magic Seal" on Prof. K. All Immortals continue with Reversas as instructed

Turn 2: HOPEFULLY, Prof. K.'s Reflect spell will be nullified by "Magic Seal" cast on Turn 1. Continue with Reversas until cheevo pops.

My first shot at this boss I was annihilated. My second round I used "Magic Seal" with Sed and it nullified Prof. K.'s Reflect. I DID NOT try to see if this was repeatable and don't know how probable "Magic Seal" will work for you. It is 1/1 for me and allowed me to kill Prof. K. in TWO TURNS. I had lvl 80-85 immortals and level 78 Sed. Good luck!

Good one, but in my humble opinion you have been just very very lucky. First because professor K has a certain priority on your attacks and is already something you were able to cast "magic seal" before he buffs himself with "reflecta" (my Sed was level 99 with the accelerator item equipped and my "magic seal" was just too slow), and second because "magic seal" prevents ONE of his magic attacks and if he is not able to cast reflect on his first turn he will do it on the second or even between your regular party attacks.

Before finding (and posting here in this forum) my own strategy I used a strategy very similar to yours. Most of the time was not working, and for me was purely based on luck. You are right though when you imply that if you can manage to seal him, you'll be able to cause very high damage and finish him in 2 turns.

But I think is too risky and considering the fact that there are no save points in the dungeon can be very frustrating trying over and over again.

Anyway congrats for the cheevo. big up!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you very much for posting this! I was able to defeat Professor K using your strategy with no problems! :D The only thing I did differently was have Sed at a low HP and casting Reversa along with the immortals. He ended up dying with Kaim when my party got hit with Kelo-Ultimate Hit, but it didn't matter since the boss ended up dying in that turn anyway! XD

• 11 months later...