How in all that is holy

Rapturous Rich

My strategy is just to spam it at control points if they start flashing. Gunship one is the best since it has the most traffic by far.

What i do is shoot all 6 missiles and then press start to look at the menu and bring up the map. Doing that will then show "ripples" on the map allowing you to know where your shots landed. That helped me get better at judging range and actually destroying enemy vehicles with it.

Ha, this is brilliant, thanks for posting it.

Actually it doesn't, AA missiles for Mobile Artillery are unlocked by getting 15 kills with the gunship.

And how do you get 15 kills with the Gunship? lol.

I must've spent 20 minutes in the damn thing shooting all the Bullets in the world at every person/vehicle I saw and I barely have 1 kill with it. Not to mention it gets shot down 15 seconds after take off every. time.

I must've spent 20 minutes in the damn thing shooting all the Bullets in the world at every person/vehicle I saw and I barely have 1 kill with it. Not to mention it gets shot down 15 seconds after take off every. time.

Get in the second gunner position. The first one with the machine gun is pants. The secondary one is the 105(?) cannon. It destroys infantry within its blast radius and takes out vehicles in 2 hits. Also don't forget to hit Y and get into the AA guns for when jets and helis come gunnin' for you.

Play Rush? I don't know, I don't have any problems getting kills with the thing. Either gunner seat is fine IMO, although I prefer the #2 seat for the thermal optics and that mega cannon. If you're in a lobby where the enemies are shooting it down as soon as it spawns just quit until you find an enemy team who don't shoot at it at all. I joined a DICE AK rush server mid game (only 2 sets of mcoms left) and got 30 kills in about 5 minutes.

As for how to aim the MA, here's a post from symthic.com that may be useful: http://symthic.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=69853#post69853

I managed to get the 10 kills in 1 conquest game on Alborz Mountains. I just did the same way as the guy in the video from PS3 trophies and it worked like a charm :woop:

Given that I've only managed 1 kills thus far, I will give this a whirl.

I managed the last of the needed assignment kills with a triple kill randomly firing the artillery at a flag being capped and got lucky. I'm sure Natrlkilla and Saint heard me howling like a madman :woop:

Lucky bastard. I would have kept hosing down the Gunship Flag, but some ass snuck up and stuffed my tailpipe with C4...

The Gunship is a joke on Conquest. I'm up to 9-10 kills with it and that's after having fired a metric ass ton of rounds. The minigun is laughable at best and it will take some time to get a feel for how to lead with the 105. So unless you are firing at a stationary tank, best of luck to ya.

The Gunship is a joke on Conquest. I'm up to 9-10 kills with it and that's after having fired a metric ass ton of rounds. The minigun is laughable at best and it will take some time to get a feel for how to lead with the 105. So unless you are firing at a stationary tank, best of luck to ya.

Use the gunship when playing rush. It's so overpowered, you can just continuously spawn camp the defenders. Not to mention your team can spawn on it whenever and parachute behind the defenders.

Anyway, once you get the aa missiles in the mobile artillery it makes is so much better. It has a huge range and reloads fairly quickly especially with autoloader.

I finally got to hop in one of these yesterday and did the minimap method and got a whopping 3 kills. Then the next round I got better at it and ended up with around 5 or 6. I've got 14 total now. They are actually a pretty useful vehicle if you can remember what angle you have to put it at on-the-fly for different flags. Once you see a flag being taken just rain hell fire on it and you should atleast get 1 or 2 kills from some sucker sitting on it with a tank, especially the middle flag for the AC-130 that everyone tries to take the whole match. I also managed to take down 2 helicopters with the main missiles. I just waited until they tried swooping down really low to do a straffing run on me, then lined up the "cross hair" on them and fired right as they were about to pass over me and it blew them up immediately. They were prolly pissed as all hell but it was freakin hilarious.:woop:

Get in the second gunner position. The first one with the machine gun is pants. The secondary one is the 105(?) cannon. It destroys infantry within its blast radius and takes out vehicles in 2 hits. Also don't forget to hit Y and get into the AA guns for when jets and helis come gunnin' for you.
Yes, the problem with this is Every single time I jump in the Gunship I get stuck in with the 25mm Cannon.

Play Rush?
Found this out last night, some tool camping the Gunship the Entire game went 30-4 or something retarded like that. Killed him once at every base.

Rush is Ridiculous as Defenders. At least on Armored Kill.

US Attackers get the Gunship, two Tank Destroyers, Mobile Artillery, an M1A1 Abrahms, and an Attack Helicopter. . . Defenders get a T90 and an Attack Helicopter. . . Who in the World thought this was balanced???

US Attackers get the Gunship, two Tank Destroyers, Mobile Artillery, an M1A1 Abrahms, and an Attack Helicopter. . . Defenders get a T90 and an Attack Helicopter. . . Who in the World thought this was balanced???

Balance went out the window quite a while back. I used to really love the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" basis of the Battlefield Franchise, but now it seems like all DICE does is cater to the casual gamer or to the people who moan the loudest. Maybe I can get my ex-wife to do some moaning to get some things changed in my favor....

Found this out last night, some tool camping the Gunship the Entire game went 30-4 or something retarded like that. Killed him once at every base.

Rush is Ridiculous as Defenders. At least on Armored Kill.

How in all that is holy did someone think that was a good idea.... :(

I don't mind the 25mm, my first kill in the gunship was taking out an attack chopper with it and have gotten a few just pounding the ground. Like with the MA, just keep pasting the area around a flag being capped and something is gonna happen.

Given that I've only managed 1 kills thus far, I will give this a whirl.

Lucky bastard. I would have kept hosing down the Gunship Flag, but some ass snuck up and stuffed my tailpipe with C4...

Lucky indeed. Roadkills my man! I ran a couple unsuspecting morons over with the MA and had a giggle at their expense.

It is possible to knock aircraft out of the sky with the MA. I was a victim of my own bad piloting flying too low trying to paste the MA with the Little Bird's miniguns (not a fucking scratch on the MA btw) and the smart bastard just lowered his turret on me point blank. Did not end well.

I got all my gunship kills in conquest, my attempts at Rush were all on defense and those also did not end well. :(

Nice vid Drew, I agree with that guy, the best MA loadout is: proxy scan/proxy defense/AA missile. Proximity defense is super fun, I've also found that it can disable quad bikes and will also sometimes explode nearby explosives (including friendlies). I just wish we could toggle the mini map zoom like on PC, that obviously comes in really handy with MA.

Nice vid Drew, I agree with that guy, the best MA loadout is: proxy scan/proxy defense/AA missile. Proximity defense is super fun, I've also found that it can disable quad bikes and will also sometimes explode nearby explosives (including friendlies). I just wish we could toggle the mini map zoom like on PC, that obviously comes in really handy with MA.

Yeah, when I got up this morning I checked my youtube page and that was the first video, figures he explains stuff we tested out for ourselves last night. Although dicking around in the MA was fun last night, and we did find out some useful stuff.

Toggling the mini map would be really useful, so would the commo rose or what ever that thing is called. So many times a team mate has saved my ass and I just want to thank them but cant be bothered sending them a message. Also apologizing to an enemy before you defib'ed or repair torched them would just be pure gold.

I spent two hours last night trying to get 10 Kills with Mobile Artillery. . . Even with AA Missiles unlocked for it. I mean, I got Hit Signs on Infantry with its giant missiles. Thats Ridiculous.

Would have gone by a lot faster if everyone and their mother wasn't smart enough to bail out of a Burning Jet/Helicopter/Gunship. Only got 3 or 4 kills with the AA Missiles.

Also, Roadkills do not count. . . Not sure if thats been determined yet, but I had two Road kills with the Missile Truck and I didn't get the Achievement.

Very Frustrating.

Edited by ZingZitang

Also, Roadkills do not count. . . Not sure if thats been determined yet, but I had two Road kills with the Missile Truck and I didn't get the Achievement.

Very Frustrating.

Yes they do, sucks man but I think you've hit a bug if they aren't counting for you.

I only have 7 kills with the BM-23 and 4 with the M142 for a total of 11.

At least 4 of my kills in either vehicle have been roadkills. Which would only leave me with 7 total if they didn't count. But I unlocked the Destroyer achievement when I landed a volley for a triple kill on some poor sods trying to cap a flag. Those being 9, 10, and 11... the previous 4 roadkills must have counted.

• 2 weeks later...

got my first kill with this thing the other day. Was on alborz mountain CQ. Pretty epic at that.

Jumped in the gunner seat, looked over at C and saw a helicopter just sitting like 20ft off the ground.. Frist few shots fell very short, but like the 5th or 6th shot nailed cockpit and got the dbl kill!! Then like 2 min after that i blew up..

I got a pretty sweet kill the other day.

Enemy is capping C on Death Valley so I was raining down artillery all over it to try and stop them. On the third volley I start to seemingly bleed health then as the last rocket leaves I get an instant kill.

A Z11-W had made a strafing run on me (the bleeding health) but then flew right over the launcher so the rocket just obliterated it! :D