Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

Ok, I've done all the time attacks and did all of normal mode. I noticed there wasn't time trials for Chatéau Notre Desir or Roller Roaster. Is there certain times I'm supposed to meet in the time trials to get this unlocked or to just go through them. I don't understand how I did not receive the achievement. Or do I have to get the 100% on each level to get this unlocked? Thanks.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've done all the time attacks and did all of normal mode. I noticed there wasn't time trials for Chatéau Notre Desir or Roller Roaster. Is there certain times I'm supposed to meet in the time trials to get this unlocked or to just go through them. I don't understand how I did not receive the achievement. Or do I have to get the 100% on each level to get this unlocked? Thanks.

All you have to do is finish the time trials, there is no time requirement. As far as why you didn't get it, just make sure you did all the requests and all the time trials. I got it without a prob, as did other members. Hope you find the missing trial. You also don't need to have 100 on each of them.

A little unfortunate that there aren't really 100 hours or 200 katamaris worth of content in the game. If I get either achievement, it's going to be because I left the system on unattended for another 50 hours or spammed Egg School to hit 200 as quickly as possible.

Though I suppose I've still got ~2% of the collection left to aim for.

I left my game on on an eternal stage, and just as I thought it wasn't going to work, I quit the level, and the achievement popped up. So leaving the game on and controller plugged in on eternal mode gets you the 50 hours and 100 hours achievements, just won't trigger until after you leave the level.

I count too many secret achievements in this thread for them all to be true. There are six, and two are utterly confirmed: 50 Hours and Katamari Perfectionist.

That leaves four, but I'm reading five that are being discussed as reality: 50 Katamaris, 100 Requests, 200 Katamaris, 100% Collection and 100 Hours.

At least one of those must be phony.

Ok, so the most important question that non-Katamari fans have is how long to get the full 1250, and how tough are the achievements overall. Reason I'm asking is Gamefly shipped this to me, so before I put it on my gamercard, I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into. (Achievements seemed pretty easy and the 1250 drew me in, if anyone is wondering why I had it on my Gamefly list)

I think every game should have a thread about exactly this, but that's just me personally I guess.

Heh heh. So you were hoping to nestle this onto your gamerscore card next-to Open Season and Shrek the Third? Good luck with that.

This game is not an easy 1000. It is pretty fun though. I would put it between the difficulty of Viva Pinata (finding all the cousins and gifts is a bit more frustrating) and Ninty-Nine Nights (not as hard as the all A-Ranking achievement). Once the cousin/gift guides are refined, this game shouldn't be too much of a headache.

I think every game should have a thread about exactly this, but that's just me personally I guess.

There is... you just posted in it. ;)

In my opinion, until there is a guide for the items (not the cousins/presents, the normal items you roll up to get bigger), this is going to take people weeks to finish. You'll get everything aside from that one achievement in a few days if you really plug away at it, but finding 100% of the items will take a long time.

I personally won't be making that guide. :p

There is... you just posted in it. ;)

In my opinion, until there is a guide for the items (not the cousins/presents, the normal items you roll up to get bigger), this is going to take people weeks to finish. You'll get everything aside from that one achievement in a few days if you really plug away at it, but finding 100% of the items will take a long time.

I personally won't be making that guide. :p

Well there goes all my hopes and dreams for finishing this with relative ease. lol

Okay I get what you mean about the achievement discussion, but I think at the very least... the first post in each "Achievement Discussion" thread should have a basic length/difficulty explanation. Like for this game you could say (guessing here) Most of the achievements can be obtained in (X) hours, but the cousins/gifts/100% completion will take a considerable more amount of time. And (Y) and (Z) achievements are actually quite difficult and will require some practice. That is the information I personally look for when browsing the individual game forums. And the same questions do get asked quite a bit. ;) I thought I heard something like this was in the works.

ok I've been reading your posts for awhile, your posts have been a great help, yes the 200 request secret achievement is true, i saw it on someone's tag that plays from japan, u know those kids that are uber good, i also saw some of them got the 1'500'000 achievement on scloss kosmos or whatever, i assume you have to get a 100 on all the other levels before u do it that's what i guess tho lol

also my girlfriend found a trick on the level where u create neptune she says she got to a part where there's a bird and a plank going up and down, when the plank came back down it pushed her through the ground to the other side of the world, she thought it was a glitch but then when it happened she says the computer mentioned something about it, like along the lines of "hey you warped this is a weird occurance" or something along that. she said it happened to her on accident and i personally haven;'t been able to reproduce it. nor did she finish the level so she didn't get acknowledged for it.

but i figure i put this on here so maybe i could contribute to one of the secret achievements lol

Allow me to preface this by saying that I do love this game... it's the first Katamari game I've ever played, and I got instantly hooked...

That said, some of the achievements are just flat out dumb. 50 and 100 hours played? Really? If they wanted to do time achievements, five and ten hours would make MUCH more sense... especially considering how short this game is. Even searching for all the cousins, presents and 100% collection... how would you get close to 50 hours, let alone 100?

A few of the others seem kinda silly too... like the 100/200 Katamaris made will just require playing the same quick levels over and over again.

Oh well, I do love the game, so those are just some minor complaints I guess... they don't take away from my enjoyment... I just probably won't be getting a full score on this one.