The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

I ran into a bug last night

I would ask Aela for work at the Companions(i have finished the main Companions quest) and she babbled on about some Totem we have to go and get,and my waypoint took us to Sunderstone Gorge

when we arrive there,we go through the cave mouth to a loading screen.....and my 360 locks up during loading,this happened 3 times at the same point last night before i gave up and went to bed

as the place is supposed to be random,i tried it again today from an earlier autosave where she gave me the quest again,however i was hoping Sunderstone Gorge was random,and perhaps she would give a new location,however,she didn't...i tried again anyway and it still locks up when loading the cave

The thing is,i have been to Sunderstone Gorge on my own and cleared the place,but now with Aela in tow,i can't even enter the cave

anybody else had this problem?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had intresting glitch today. I went to kill dragon but it had something ''special'' in it. I had some how goten fused dragon :confused:. Dragon what I was kiling was just Dragon but after it health dropped under 30% and it was still flying. Sudenly the name changed to Elder dragon and health went back up. No problem but after I got the Elder dragon killed. I had to still kill the Dragon. After I got that killed too I got only one soul.

So they where actually fused together in one dragon? :p

A bug which has really annoyed me is when your getting show to your room at the very beginning or the companions questline.

It actually started before then though...

I spoke to the leader orlf the companions and the guy at side of him kept interupting the conversation (the guy who you have a little spar with) then he gave me his sword to get sharpened and he kept following me, drawing his weapon and starting a conversation dialogue up.

Anyway, while this continued i managed to finish that quest, hand the item in to the woman and start the next part of being shown to my room, but instead the guy that is supposed to show me went a little mental, drew his weapon and went chasing after the other guy who kept drawing his weapon, they fought, both ko'd by guards and now they both just stand in the middle of whiterun, doing nothing, they dont move, dont fight, nothing.

I cant even select a bed to sleep in within jvorskir (or whatever its called) as they all say owned so i cant even begin the companion story line correctly :(

this is just a note, but the bug fixed itself for me.

When trying to become Thane of Solitude, you'll be given a misc quest called "Help the people of Haafingar - 0/5" Well, mine said 5/5 since I'd already done 5 things. It didn't auto-complete. I had to go to the killing Potempa quest, then turned that in and it said Completed - 6/5

so you have to do another quest after you get that, to complete it.

For some reason the general store in whiterun won't open. At first I figured he just died but now the blacksmith in riverside is closed as well. Tried breaking in and the shop owner isn't there.

Also I was moving all my stuff to a new house using the follower weight glitch and I dropped 50 ingots, when I got to the new home he only had one. Also while doing the same glitch some armor I had turned stolen so I had to fence it.

So far just annoying stuff, no game breaking.

P.S. if anyone knows how to fix the store thing, I'd really like to know.

The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller

So I got to the cave, read the note, went to the inn, and then she told me about everything and was supposed to give me the horn? I don't remember getting it. However the horn just disappeared!!! Does she put it somewhere or something? On my quest log there is a big red X next to retrieve horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Because of this I can no longer go on further in the main quest. Very frustrating. I remember why I stopped playing Oblivion now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Delvin wont buy the Left Eye of Falmer from me, wich is the last special trinket in the Thieves Guild Main Mission you will get. Pretty annoying.

Anyone has experience the same problem and has find a solution??

I tried everything, take them out of my inventory and pick only the left and not the right eye, the opposite of that. Store them for a few hours then get them and try and I even take the item and start to smash it to his head just to clarified that I have it (not that will help, but hey that was fun).

It´s even more annoying when so far I had the luck of experiencing very few bugs. I´m still running in 1.1 by the way, I heard 1.2 and 1.3 fuck the game and I´m waiting for 1.4 to see if that one fix more that fucks.

my game keeps crashing when I return to the sanctuary and have to embrace the night mother to avoid the fire? I have tried it with game installed and not installed but it still does it, any ideas?

It happened to me too, I just left it alone a few minutes (like maybe 5) while still stuck on the black screen and it eventually worked itself loose. Hope that helps. Don't press any buttons while waiting!!:p

The only glitch I have seen is that I was watching a giant herd two mammoths then all of a sudden one of the mammoths just floats up really high and drops back down and of course it died...I was laughing so hard I accidentally shot a ice spike at the giant, needless to say getting hit by the club shut me up in one hit(I was only on level 9)

my game keeps crashing when I return to the sanctuary and have to embrace the night mother to avoid the fire? I have tried it with game installed and not installed but it still does it, any ideas?

In my case I thought it crashed at that moment too because obviously the screen turns black and you can't seem to do anything. Turned out I could actually use the 'wait' option, which seemed the intention of the game, waiting until the fire goes out. Could be that your game actually crashed but I hope it's the same thing and that this helps.

It should work itself out if you wait it out, and if it doesn't, try waiting in-game for like a day or two just before you enter the coffin. Then as you enter, keep pressing the Xbox Guide Button until you get the confirmation that the Redguard and vamp girl are talking to you. I'm not sure if that's exactly how it goes, but that's what I had read to do and it worked fine. :)

It happened to me too, I just left it alone a few minutes (like maybe 5) while still stuck on the black screen and it eventually worked itself loose. Hope that helps. Don't press any buttons while waiting!!:p

same here. My box froze (couldn't even bring up the mini dash), and then after about 1.5 minutes it continued. I say just leave it.

Ran into a green dragon called a Blood Dragon. Started with the normal first shot as a sneak and then proceeded to bob and weave to get the kill. He starts flying around in circles, no big deal, then bigger circles, kinda weird, then in circles way off in the distance, whao hey guy the fights over here. After a minute of watching him spazz he dive bombs to the ground behind a small hill, cool on the ground again. No. He disappears. But only to reappear in his spawn area. Great. But now he is stuck in the ground, Great again, easy kill. so finish him off with like 15 arrows and go in to collect. Now it gets really good. HES NOT DEAD WITH NO HEALTH. Awesome!!!! I can stand here for a couple of hours and pound on him. Got my short blade up to 100. My bow up to 64. My two hand blade up to 50 and my destruction up to 35. I'm bored and want to go. So I leave until his red dot is off my screen so i can fast travel and come back to kill him. NOPE. No fast travel for me. I am now not only unable to collect his soul but I can not fast travel at any point in time. I think he likes me. :)

Oh yeah like 43 hours of my life gone now. fuck you game. hope there is a patch or something.

Prolly going to start a new character in a couple of days when I'm calmer.

Delvin wont buy the Left Eye of Falmer from me, wich is the last special trinket in the Thieves Guild Main Mission you will get. Pretty annoying.

I just had that happen too (second play-through v1.1). Happily it's not a big quest breaker. Did you already do all the extra jobs to bring the guild up to full strength?... I did, and was wondering if that might have caused it. This did not glitch for me in my first play-through, and there I did not do all the extra jobs to bring the guild up to full strength until after I finished Darkness Returns.

My HUGE glitch is in the "Empires Questline" at the end of the very last quest, "Battle for Windhelm". You are meant to battle your way through Windhelm to get to Ulfric, and when you enter his chamber, you sheath your weapon and just freeze still, and so does he. You can use Unrelenting force as soon as you enter to stop this, but as soon has he goes to his knees you cant kill him as the General is not there!!

This means the quest can not be finished and you cant leave the room untill he is dead!

Ran into a green dragon called a Blood Dragon. Started with the normal first shot as a sneak and then proceeded to bob and weave to get the kill. He starts flying around in circles, no big deal, then bigger circles, kinda weird, then in circles way off in the distance, whao hey guy the fights over here. After a minute of watching him spazz he dive bombs to the ground behind a small hill, cool on the ground again. No. He disappears. But only to reappear in his spawn area. Great. But now he is stuck in the ground, Great again, easy kill. so finish him off with like 15 arrows and go in to collect. Now it gets really good. HES NOT DEAD WITH NO HEALTH. Awesome!!!! I can stand here for a couple of hours and pound on him. Got my short blade up to 100. My bow up to 64. My two hand blade up to 50 and my destruction up to 35. I'm bored and want to go. So I leave until his red dot is off my screen so i can fast travel and come back to kill him. NOPE. No fast travel for me. I am now not only unable to collect his soul but I can not fast travel at any point in time. I think he likes me. :)

Oh yeah like 43 hours of my life gone now. fuck you game. hope there is a patch or something.

Prolly going to start a new character in a couple of days when I'm calmer.

my dragons have been acting funny lately also:confused:. i had a couple fly backwards on me yesterday, even more were going in circles for fun. literally they are just flying around in circles, and if i get close they will relocate to fly in circles somewhere else. WOW, i even had one fly into a mountain and get stuck (actually was pretty damn halarious).

**also has anybody had problems with the alikr in their game!? **

im sure everybody has been to whiterun, at some point alikr warriors ask you to look for a redguard woman (saadia). after talking to her in the bannered mare, you can help or report her. ive done this several times, and if you chose to help her your game is like screwed. the alikr were roaming skyrim the entire rest of my playthru, and worst of all two of them are statues at the entrance of whiterun. even though i killed every alikr in the swindlers den, they are still pestering redguard women on the streets, and standing in at the entrance of my favorite town stinking up the place.

Ive had 2 or 3 backwards flying dragons! it's pretty funny when they blow fire, it looks like they're propelling themselves.

I was also going into the twilight sepulcher last night and the door wouldn't open, but I could go behind the door and jump into the hallway behind it. It was really weird. The quest went fine after I jumped behind the door, so that's good at least!

I had several problems with the Thieves Guild quest Pursuit because I had just finished the Diplomatic Immunity main quest and the NPC would not go to the Ragged Flagon from Winterhold. Finally reloaded and didn't turn in the Diplomatic Immunity quest, and it worked.

I had many problems with this quest, especially the part where you patrol the Stone Quarter at night. Nothing showed up, so I checked out the abandoned house. This finally triggered the guy; Went back to Candlehearth, then back to the house, where I killed him. I still have the weird amulet or whatever it is, it was never changed to Necro amulet. I can't sell it or drop it, but at least it weighs zero.