The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some serious issues with the framerate slowing down so bad that it was impossible to do much of anything, and when anything would attack me I had not chance of survival since the game would act like they weren't affected at all but wasn't acknowledging any of my commands. I have seen this in two spots so far, I don't recall the name of the first but the second spot was when I was tracking Mercer with the nitengales (pardon my spelling). It was awefull, I had to reload quite a few times before it finally stopped happening.

a handy glitch is a skeleton on an alter just above the Sightless Pit, when you investigate it (after killing it of course) you will find a book, it will never go away no matter how many times you take the book and if you search the skelleton, exit the menu and then search it again (reapeat as many times as you like) the books will just keep pilling up so you can take a ton of them at once. good way to make $$$

The other annoying glitch I've run into is that my bookcase downstairs in my house at Whiterun no longer works. I can't read or remove the books individually and I can't activate the bookcase itself anymore.

lol woodyBbad 's first 5 posts consisted of a quadrouple post, i found that comical.

also my dragons dont breathe fire when flying backwards:confused:, they just move around like a slideshow all skippy. i wouldnt mind too much if they were actually killable, but they just fly around clueless.. they might as well be decorations for the landscape, i encountered 4 dragons yesterday and only could kill one. two glitched and flew in circles, while the third was moving so awkward it almost froze my game. even the one i killed was stuck after flying into a mountain. wtf dragons are like one of the main themes of the game, i actually avoid dragons now because its a joke.

I had many problems with this quest, especially the part where you patrol the Stone Quarter at night. Nothing showed up, so I checked out the abandoned house. This finally triggered the guy; Went back to Candlehearth, then back to the house, where I killed him. I still have the weird amulet or whatever it is, it was never changed to Necro amulet. I can't sell it or drop it, but at least it weighs zero.

yeah you'll never get rid of it as it stands. I have it too.

not sure if it's a glitch, but does anyone else think it's odd that you have to collect 24 of them but can't stash them anywhere and they weigh 0.5 each? they had better be worth a lot of gold, I don't like wasting my inventory space, even if it is only 12.

they actually weigh zero. All quest items actually weigh zero.

Proof (removed everything non quest related)

http://i.imgur.com/Bf3Wy.jpg

Delvin wont buy the Left Eye of Falmer from me, wich is the last special trinket in the Thieves Guild Main Mission you will get. Pretty annoying.

Anyone has experience the same problem and has find a solution??

I tried everything, take them out of my inventory and pick only the left and not the right eye, the opposite of that. Store them for a few hours then get them and try and I even take the item and start to smash it to his head just to clarified that I have it (not that will help, but hey that was fun).

It´s even more annoying when so far I had the luck of experiencing very few bugs. I´m still running in 1.1 by the way, I heard 1.2 and 1.3 fuck the game and I´m waiting for 1.4 to see if that one fix more that fucks.

did you try reloading? I had this problem too but didn't think anything of it at the time and now it's far too late for me to try that. I wish I had now

hello guys . let me just say after i retrieve the dawnbreaker sword then i go back in to the sky but nothing happens i try reloading previeos games file but i cant leave the dam chamber and every time i take the sword i get back in the sky and nothing happens en keep flying around en the stupid meridia wont tallk to me . can any one tell me wtf i should do thnx.

sry for crappy english i suck in it and my best save file just got fucked up :mad:

hello guys . let me just say after i retrieve the dawnbreaker sword then i go back in to the sky but nothing happens i try reloading previeos games file but i cant leave the dam chamber and every time i take the sword i get back in the sky and nothing happens en keep flying around en the stupid meridia wont tallk to me . can any one tell me wtf i should do thnx.

sry for crappy english i suck in it and my best save file just got fucked up :mad:

I don't know what else to tell you other than just keep trying to reload it, I didn't have any problems with that quest. If you have any earlier saves I would try them.

Ever since I completed the Conjuration Ritual Spell quest and received my flame thrall, people keep remarking about dangerous magic when I am near. This is getting really annoying. I killed the flame thrall, but in the Active Effects section of Magic, it says it is still active for 2624 hours. That is roughly four months. Its not game breaking, but annoying to say the least. Everyone tells me to keep my distance or cowers away... Forever Alone!

got book for glitch xp level and level 81 is max cap. This book from one of Daedric Artifacts quest. So check out youtube.com about it so that how i follow youtube.com and i done get to 81. Thank god so save me pain from fights some high level enemies and even later on face to final boss!!

Edit: DO NOT LEVELS UP TO 81 FROM USING THIS BOOK I MENTION IS BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE GAME FREEZES. THAT WHAT I GOT NOW!!!

My game got freezes from auto saving or save slots more then 10 that i make thread about it yesterday so when i got less then 5 save slots and turn off auto saving until now and no problem. Then early in evening I completed Daedric Artifacts quests and and do glitch xp leveling up to 81 then got game freezes afterward.

I recommend just do it for level 50 achievement then reload previous saved game and play normal with levels up :)

Anyway I still hope hope Bethesda fixes this problem cos it is ruin the game but I only do it really for level 50 achievement. :)

Edited by cheevo360

I found no information on here about this game breaking issue, so here goes...

I learned this the hard way and I'm a bit upset about it, but honestly I would have been extremely pissed off about it if I hadn't already got all my achievements and completed the majority of quests and miscellaneous quests. I also didn't have any other saves to revert to at that point since I had turned auto save back on...and I went exploring indoors, so it saved over my auto saves. Big mistake. *smacks head*

But, I warn you that after you do the quest "Rise in the East" Do not fast travel back to Japhet's Folly, because you will never be able to fast travel anywhere else from that location. The whole island is outside of the world and once you finish this quest the door that you used to leave Japhet's Folly will no longer be available.

I found out about this a little too late. I wanted to go exploring past locations, and never did I think I'd not be able to fast travel out of a place I recently visited.

So, goodbye to my amazing Wood Elf character...time to work on a new playthrough, which I had intended to do anyway, but still would have liked to have my original character.

For more info check out the UESP notes. HERE

I've had several glitches, but my favorite was when I tried to get married.

Lydia had been my follower, but had died in some random dungeon. When I tried to get married her dead body showed up at the wedding and the wedding would fail. I tried several times and her dead body would always spawn at the door of the temple of Mara, upsetting everyone at the wedding. I had to go back and apologize to Vorstag to get him to marry me. After we were married and living in Whiterun Lydia's dead body was on the floor in the spare loft room for several weeks before disappearing.

Just posted in another thread regarding glitches, but I totally forgot about my disappearing sword!

I was exploiting the sneak to 100 'glitch' with the Greybeards last night, when by mistake, I hit one and he attacked. He disarmed me, and knocked my sword out of my hand, I ran to avoid death, to the next room. He calmed down eventually and I went to get my sword of the floor. Gone. I searched the room, the next room, the next room, the roof, pots, walls - THE LOT. I can only imagine his frosty powers made is disintegrate or its stuck under a texture in the floor. NOt the best sword, just my fave and best I had.

:(

But, I warn you that after you do the quest "Rise in the East" Do not fast travel back to Japhet's Folly, because you will never be able to fast travel anywhere else from that location. The whole island is outside of the world and once you finish this quest the door that you used to leave Japhet's Folly will no longer be available....

...For more info check out the UESP notes. HERE

I've added this info to the places to avoid section in this thread...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4750376#post4750376

It's something everyone should be aware of, so thanks for bringing it up.

Sorry for double post...but i found this quite funny. I was doing the sneak 100 exploit with the greybeards just now and one, when down to 0 health, stumbled backwards in to a jug/vase/thing. The glitch being, he was stuck in it. It would follow him around and look like a dress almost. I took pics on my iPhone (playing on a TV) he eventually crouched down and it separated from him. He was getting stuck round corners too!

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3149/008hf.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6499/009yx.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1373/010csb.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/194/011scu.jpg

Ok, I sold my thieves guild armour because it was not as good as the armour I had at the time now I need it to complete the final thieves guild quest. This is a warning and an ask for help, is there away to get your thieves guild armour back (I sold it Tonilia and now can not buy/sell from her as she wants the armour). If not then as a warning DO NOT SELL YOUR THIEVES GUILD ARMOUR as it makes this achievement missable.

I ran into my first quest breaking glitch about two weeks ago during the Thieves Guild storyline. Thieves Guild is still glitched with Brynjolf in the Guild where he says the same line over and over, then Karliah not being in Nightingale Hall. I don't know if I can still become Guild Master or not by doing the side jobs that I get from Delvin and Vex. I just ran into my second quest breaking glitch just a short time ago. I went to do the Animal Extermination quest for one of the Companion's, but the saber cat that I was supposed to kill was already dead when I arrived in Greenspring Hollow and now it won't allow me to complete the quest and I can't do any other jobs until it's completed. I hope these two things get fixed soon. So now I'm leary about trying to finish the game now because of other quest related missions being glitched.

Just a couple of glitched quests thus far:

Repairing the White phial, hit with the Briar heart glitch, had a non quest briar heart in my inventory when give the quest by the messenger, now cannot update the quest item for the heart from the body of the indicated forsworn leader. Dont have the briar heart on me anymore - ate all the other briar hearts in me inventory and the 'quest' item one vanished as well! Forsworn leader has respawned but killing him and harvesting his briar heart doesn't update the quest still.

Got a new one today, unable to finish the jarl's quests in riften, so can't become a thane or purchase the house. Last quest needed is to stop the skooma trade, did the 1st part, got given a location to stop the skooma trade, a cave (Cragskall (sp)), which I had been directed to earlier in game and was therefore cleared. quest marker led me straight to the cave but upon entering, no quest markers, all bad guys cleared out but quest doesn't update, so glitched.

FeeFye

There's another thread similar to this, about a companion quest not working. Seems to be quite frequent...you could wait it out and hope its fixed in 1.4 or just start over, i guess :(

Thanks, I forgot I posted in a topic instead of making a thread so I just made a thread. I can't delete it so what the hell.

I really hope it's fixed though.

Hope you get it fixed bud!

Anyway I spoke to soon today, I came across 2 bugs/glitches today!

Game froze when I pressed B, then went yellow with a funky pattern in the corner. (Got a photo will upload later)

And I killed a dragon, only for it to sit there and not doing anything - no soul but I could search it =/

has anybody else noticed their dragons not giving souls?

i was glad that the recent patch fixed my stupid backwards dragons, but honestly its getting old when every fix releases a new problem. this is the first time i didnt get to absorb the dragon soul, i have killed many thru out the playthru and never ran into this problem.

now after this patch the very first dragon i ran into didnt give me his soul. granted he was a noob, by far the easiest dragon fight i ever had :p lol. but still i was so stunned, i do the same thing everytime i kill a dragon. i un-equip my weapon and circle it a couple times until the soul releases. at which point i do a 720 victory spin or something. then i loot the dragon corpse.

i waited for like 15 minutes, took all the bones / scales and still nothing. i was like turning around, and sneakily coming back lol. i tried everything! saved then loaded and tried to walk up again :confused: