Rate the last movie you saw

3whiplash

^ Yeah gackt, great film. not watched it for a while but i'm not really in the mood for it at the moment :p

Have you seen 'The Man from Nowhere' or 'A Bittersweet Life' ?

Just watched:

Justice (2011) - 7.5/10

Collateral Damage - 7/10

Edited by Frasr

^ Yeah gackt, great film. not watched it for a while but i'm not really in the mood for it at the moment :p

Have you seen 'The Man from Nowhere' or 'A Bittersweet Life' ?

Haven't seen A Bittersweet Life but I'v seen The Man from Nowhere a bunch of times :D

As for The Chaser...they did an excellent job making the viewers hate the god damn murderer...I was so happy the girl escaped and was going to get help only to get killed by the guy anyway, I was furious lol.

Nothing went well for anyone in that movie it was super depressing even though it was a fantastic film.

You really only get this with Asian films it would seem. Can't tell you how many movies I've seen with bad ending instead of the generic hollywood happy ending bullshit.

But it has me hoping for a happy ending just once in a while lol.

Gonna check out A Bittersweet Life.

Life Of Pi

Rating: 8,8

At first I wasn't sure this was a movie fit for me, but after reading serveral reviews I thought let's give it a go. And I was impressed the movie came me a whole other point of view at life, and let me started thinking of how mankind always looks at what we have and what we want, but yet as long as you are happy with what you have and be graithfull for what you have have you are succesfull in life.

A must watch for sure.

People who call The Thing (2011) a remake, need to watch it again. It's a prequel. Were a lot of the beats point for point from Carpenters? Yup. Was it similar in tone? Yup. Was it a remake? NO! I personally dug it for what it was.

Last flicks I saw:

Stoker - 7.5/10 - It was a brilliant piece of film making, but fell short as a movie. The story was too vague to be a great first watch. I'll check it out again for sure.

Les Miserables (2012) - 9.5/10 - Fucking fantastic film. The only negative was the casting of Russell Crowe. I like him as an actor, but his voice just didn't fit at all. Too flat, with little emotion. Even his "finale" didn't feel right. Everyone else? Fucking phenomenal. Anne Hathaway totally earned her naked golden man. If you can watch her single shot performance of I Dreamed A Dream, and not feel the pure emotion, you my friend, are devoid of soul.

The Chaser 10/10

HOLY SHIT THIS IS GOING DOWN IN THE HISTORY BOOKS

Sigged.

I recommend it to those who enjoy Asian films. God damn it I'm in such a lousy mood after watching that movie lol.

I think I'll check it out, in time. Right now I'm going over some old martial arts films, closing off with some stuff involving Bruce Lee. Things like Enter the Dragon, The Big Boss, and Game of Death. Enter the Dragon was one of the first martial arts films I watched.

And Game of Death! Who else remembers that fight with Kareem Abdul Jabbar?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8vIjEKvT8]The Fight With Hakim - Game of Death (9/10) Movie CLIP (1978) HD - YouTube[/ame]

And the opening with Chuck Norris!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEBfHolirzc]Bruce Lee vs chuck norris In 720p HD - YouTube[/ame]

Zero Dark Thirty - 9/10

I really enjoyed the story. The torture scenes were tough to watch though. It is amazing how much work goes on behind the scenes to keep all of us safe here in USA. I also really enjoyed seeing how the Navy SEALs got the job done.