SFxTK Dead Already?

M1 Punk

What I noticed:

• It's harder to find Endless Lobbies (mainly in your own area).
  • This forum is really inactive.
  • In a major Fighting Game Tournament like NCR10, there was absolutely no hype for SFxTK. (Mainly because of the timer and certain features in the game like frame advantage on block).
  • Online play suffers from lag and sound issues.
  • People are fed up with Capcom (DLC/Super Version) and finally stopped supporting their shit.
  • According to http://www.vgchartz.com, the game sold less than 0,5 million copies. Compared to other Capcom fighters, that is very low.

Any opinions on what's going on?

Edited by M1 Punk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played online and it's appalling. 3 games of pure lag and sound glitches, a complete waste of time.

Fighting games rely on fans buying the same (but slightly different) game every time, much like sports titles released annually so why they keep short changing the fans i have no idea. I doubt this game will get a big casual following so it's no surprise it's dying.

I'd rather play Tekken 6 or MvC3, so i'm glad i've only played a friends copy honestly. That and the disc locked DLC seems to have really pissed people off and there are plenty of other fighters out there to play.

The online is fine. I get a game within seconds. The sound issues have been explained and they are addressing it.

If you're getting lag its probably you. But blame everyone else right?

Iv played 450 games and iv lagged out twice and im only on 15/mbs connection

Stop moaning and get on with it.

The online is fine. I get a game within seconds. The sound issues have been explained and they are addressing it.

LMAO, people like you are completely rude, as there reason are valid, so you get on with it

You're right, whoever wants to play a game properly is a total puss.

People online are absolute monsters. I was a solid rank C in Super Street Fighter with a 54% win/loss. I can't even seem to get in on the ground floor of this game. It matches me up with people that have no BP that proceed to get fifteen hit juggle combos on me. I'm trying to practice and figure out how to play this, but I thought it would be a much easier transition from SSF. I'm thinking that all the controversy scared away all of the casual players.

People online are absolute monsters. I was a solid rank C in Super Street Fighter with a 54% win/loss. I can't even seem to get in on the ground floor of this game. It matches me up with people that have no BP that proceed to get fifteen hit juggle combos on me. I'm trying to practice and figure out how to play this, but I thought it would be a much easier transition from SSF. I'm thinking that all the controversy scared away all of the casual players.

maybe man, all I know is I'm a Grade C that's constantly dropping. I'm being matched up with ppl with 9000+ BP and rank B.

I think I speak for millions when I say I don't like DLC that's not free nor do I like download games. Why? Because sooner or later XBL will have to be updated like XBL for original XBOX, which means everything that you legally own is garbage and you wasted your money on something you can't use anymore. Example, my Halo 2 DLC maps on my original XBOX that I can't (legally) transfer to my 360. Capcom is demonstrating how ridiculous DLC is by putting the DLC right on the disk and then making people pay to unlock it - despite the fact that people already own their own disks.

Note: I don't own this game, and I refuse to by any more games from Capcom until they straighten out their stuff, and I refuse to by DLC, games with online passes, and download games.

Edited by ObligatoryFate

well after fighting loads of hackers who were using the DLC characters and my favourites, i decided to take a break from this game.

don´t get me wrong, i still think its a great fighting game but until the DLC comes out, i will only play it every now and then and play other games for which i didn´t had time before.

and i am still one of the representers of the "i don´t care about the DLC being on the disc" side, i just wish i wouldn´t have to wait till fall.

well after fighting loads of hackers who were using the DLC characters and my favourites, i decided to take a break from this game.

don´t get me wrong, i still think its a great fighting game but until the DLC comes out, i will only play it every now and then and play other games for which i didn´t had time before.

and i am still one of the representers of the "i don´t care about the DLC being on the disc" side, i just wish i wouldn´t have to wait till fall.

Exactly. I've taken the time to replay Majora's Mask, and play through some of my large stack of unfinished/unbeaten games.

Working through White Knight Chronicles and Final Fantasy IV: After Years currently.

I play SFxTK maybe once a week right now.

• 1 month later...

Yep it's official, this game is DEAD. Just look at this forum

:( And I'm also not even looking forward to the 12 locked characters, even if they would be free.

RIP

Street Fighter x Tekken

March (2012) - May (2012)

Any last words... anyone?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3iavXleqi0&feature=g-u-u]SFxT The Online Warrior: Episode 11 'DEATH OF A FIGHTER' - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by M1 Punk

Yep it's official, this game is DEAD. Just look at this forum

:( And I'm also not even looking forward to the 12 locked characters, even if they would be free.

RIP

Street Fighter x Tekken

March (2012) - May (2012)

Any last words... anyone?

in the end the 12 characters were the reason why i stopped playing it. it was a fun game but i won´t miss it. gonna focus on TTT2, VF5 and persona 4.

in the end the 12 characters were the reason why i stopped playing it. it was a fun game but i won´t miss it. gonna focus on TTT2, VF5 and persona 4.

Yeah I myself returned to Marvel 3 although it's hard getting back into, I forgot how fast-paced the game is. Anyway, I'm also looking forward to TTT2. I've been hearing a lot of good stories about the Tekken Tag title.

Yeah I myself returned to Marvel 3 although it's hard getting back into, I forgot how fast-paced the game is. Anyway, I'm also looking forward to TTT2. I've been hearing a lot of good stories about the Tekken Tag title.

i thought about going back to marvel to but i was never really good in it and virtua fighter is almost here.

as someone who played every tekken except the first 2, i can say this is going to be the best title in the series. tag 1 was really fun back then but this time with the tag rush combos and everything, the engine, the over 50 character roster and love Harada for saying every additional characters will be free DLC.^^

at least we have to thank capcom for this.

Edited by CoregBlue1

Yeah, no hype for this game in the Tourney scene because of the timeouts and same characters being used. I don't not think the game is dead though. For me, I got to exactly 10,000 BP and hit B+ rank and decided to take a break from it, that was almost a month ago. I was going to go back a little after that, but then saw the game-breaking Rolento knife glitch that completely freezes your console. I decided not to play online until that issue is fixed because there are jerks online who will purposely pick him and try to do the glitch. I only play with my friends locally and ban the use of Rolento altogether lol. The game has bad business ethics behind it, and cheesy assist gems for scrubs, but I do think it is really fun to play. I never have had trouble finding matches or endless lobbies, especially not during the time when the OP made this thread. The lag issue is bad, but if you have a good connection it rarely ever does. I don't accept fights unless I have full or yellow bars with my opponent (No orange or red bars). Overall, I don't like this game better than SSF4AE or Third Strike or any other Street Fighter title on Xbox, but I will say that I prefer it over UMVC3 lmao.

Well i pretty much just play arcade. kinda tired of meeting people who just use simple tricks to win like heavy kick with Sagat. but yeah this game seems dead. everybody using the same characters and when it comes to combo some people are just straight monsters. ive read the guide and i personally think they should nerf hugo -_- he's a grappler with the most Vitality in the game. and the gems ruined it all when people had to start using microsoft points to get to the good one.

Unfortunately it does kinda seam to be the case. There are times when I search and I can't find a single game in endless lobby. I have also noticed that most of my friends who play SSF4 and who got this are back to playing SSF4.

Not only was it a greedy mistake by capcom by locking 12 characters on the disc, I think unlocking them when they decide to is far too late in the day (I know its part of the vita thing). TTT2 will be out before then and the player base will dwindle even more. Lots of people seamed to have hacked it already so they won't be buying the dlc.

Does anyone know why the timer is as short as it is online? I know they couldnt have unlimited time online but why not 200 seconds instead? It's pretty bullshit when people resort to backing off constanly for the last 20-15 seconds of a round just for it to time out.

Just join me in MAHVEL BABY! The game may be unforgiving at times but it's also a lot of fun whenever you're playing someone who's on your level.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJzrkFUot0]Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Theme of Wesker - YouTube[/ame]

just because people in here say they are taking a break doesnt mean the game is dead. It is still a monster of a fighter. Like any game it has its issues. The DLC thing does not bother me, it is a choice to buy it if you please. People have to understand that CAPCOM is a company so they are getting their money how they see fit. Anyway, they people who stop playing, not taking a break, are killing the game for themselves.

just because people in here say they are taking a break doesnt mean the game is dead. It is still a monster of a fighter. Like any game it has its issues. The DLC thing does not bother me, it is a choice to buy it if you please. People have to understand that CAPCOM is a company so they are getting their money how they see fit. Anyway, they people who stop playing, not taking a break, are killing the game for themselves.

People stopped playing because the game had issues and wasn't fun to play anymore. You don't take a brake if the game is a monster of a fighter, I played SSF4 from launch non-stop till MvC3 launched. I returned to SFxT today, dominated some shoto player and didn't feel like playing anymore. Maybe the game will be more fun when playing with a couple of friends while f*cking around in party chat.

Edited by M1 Punk

Maybe the game will be more fun when playing with a couple of friends while fcking around with party chat.

Which is why I mentioned in a prior post that we should all friend each other so that we have more folks to play against.

I would like to play some people that don't mind screwing around with all of the characters and just having fun instead of taking winning so seriously that they insist on using the same two people all the time because they are scared to actually lose a match. I like to practice and it isn't much fun when you are playing against other peoples' best characters all the time and they are performing 20+ combos on you while you are just trying to learn the basics of a new character.