FAQ - Look Here Before Posting

Shinobi273

I search for this but there was nothing about it and I didn't want to make a thread for something simple but , in the Museum where you have to get the dish for Three Dog.There is a free form quest called Jigg's Loot to choose numbers from a computer to get some weapons and other stuff and if you don't choose the correct number it locks.I was not paying attention and I pressed a wrong number.I read somewhere online that you can reset it by going to the very 1st computer and starting over.It doesn't reset,it just says "Error" at the bottom.Anybody know how to reset it if u can? I don't want to go back to an earlier saved game because I don't want to do everything again it's going to take at least 1hr or so to get back there again.

Edited by DakidJose

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I've ran out of lockpicks, and haven't found anywhere to buy them, or haven't looked good enough. Can someone tell me where I find those lockpicks? I have zero now :/

Buy from Crazy Wolfgang, one of the caravan traders operating out of Canterbury Commons. You can find them on ghouls and in Health Stations as well. The best strategy is to save before attempting to pick a lock. Should you break a bobby pin, reload the save.

I search for this but there was nothing about it and I didn't know want to make a thread for something simple but , in the Museum where you have to get the dish for Three Dog.There is a free form quest called Jigg's Loot to choose numbers from a computer to get some weapons and other stuff and if you don't choose the correct number it locks.I was not paying attention and I pressed a wrong number.I read somewhere online that you can reset it by going to the very 1st computer and starting over.It doesn't reset,it just says "Error" at the bottom.Anybody know how to reset it if u can? I don't want to go back to an earlier saved game because I don't want to do everything again it's going to take at least 1hr or so to get back there again.

As far as I remember you can just try it again or go back one terminal. You should always pick the prime number. At the end you should get the location where to find a special Chinese Assault Riffle with a difficult name(does 64 damage and is quite awesome). Used it with the Terrible Shotgun for most of the game.

So to stop the freezing i clear the file cache does that mean my saves get erased or is that the same as clearing the cache on your hardrive?

It just wipes your temp files from the HDD. There are two cache clears, the overall Xbox one that wipes all your game updates and the fallout one you can do by holding LB, RB and X at the same time.

Main & Side Quests:

1. Do not blow the blow the bomb in Megaton, as you will not be able to do the other missions in that city such as "survival guide"

This is wrong, you can still do the "Wasteland Survival Guide". Moira will be turned into a Ghoul but won't be dead. All you need to do before blowing up Megaton is the first step of the "Following In His Footsteps" and get the Strength Bobblehead.

Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I've ran out of lockpicks, and haven't found anywhere to buy them, or haven't looked good enough. Can someone tell me where I find those lockpicks? I have zero now :/

If you have not opened the lock after 2 tries, just push B and come out and try it again. You won't lose another pin that way.

I saw a post somewhere in a thread about there being a problem where you can't turn right, left, up or down... that is happening to me right now. I don't know where I read it though, so could someone tell me how to fix this? I tried restarting my xbox, I killed myself and reloaded my save but I still can't turn.

I have a question about doing The American Dream mission.[spoiler=ID]When you get captured by I forgot his name and the enclave soldiers while escaping Vault 87.He has you in a cell and "The President" talks to him ,he leaves and then the president tell you all your stuff is in the locker on the right.All I found is my guns but no ammo,apparel,aids and misc items.Does that mean I lost everything I had with me at the time of my capture?Is there any way to get it back?...My search function doesn't work right now that's why I posted this question.Sorry if this has been asked before which probably was.

Edited by DakidJose

I would just like to add for the possible achievement misses:

If you talk to Dr. Li, or whatever the ladies name who is in the science lab in rivet city before doing the "Following in His Footsteps" or "Galactic News Radio" quests, you will miss both of those achievements.

i talked to her before doing either of those and then did the GNR quest and after [spoiler=gnr]fixing the dish on the washington memorial, and returning to three dog

they unlocked when our conversation ended.

i've enjoyed playing fallout very much. Doing the quests and traveling to all the locations was very amusing. Interacting with the people in different enivornments was fun as hell. I've also found every weapon and piece of armor in the game, and along with extra alien ammo. Can't wait until the dlc comes out..........

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:kdLT4_sWtfEN1M:http://xboxer.tv/fallout-.jpg

forgive me if this has already been asked or if i'm asking on the wrong thread, for i just skimmed through.

here's the example with question to follow: I've left Megaton to head to go to the next city to find the dad. can i return to megaton without having to take 15 minutes to walk all the way back? I recently started playing this and really have no idea what i'm doing.

Edited by Reaper_Grim
Thanks to monkeyhappy for answering my question.

forgive me if this has already been asked or if i'm asking on the wrong thread, for i just skimmed through.

here's the example with question to follow: I've left Megaton to head to go to the next city to find the dad. can i return to megaton without having to take 15 minutes to walk all the way back? I recently started playing this and really have no idea what i'm doing.

Yeah, Fallout 3, similarly to Oblivion, has a fast travel feature. Basically if you've been to a location that is marked on the pip-boys map you can highlight and select that location and it will ask you if you want to fast travel to the said place. Only if you've been to the location though, if you've only heard about it but haven't been there yet, no beans. Also you need to be out of the vicinity of enemies otherwise you can't fast travel. Hope that helps, it would be a VERY long game if you had to travel everywhere on foot everytime!! :D

A few questions:

The question posed a few posts earlier is a very good one: Do you lose items at Raven Rock?

In the course of escaping the Statesman Hotel with Reilly's Rangers, I failed to notice that Butcher was killed; and I saved over my file-- will this affect the rest of this quest?

Are the mutilated body parts found in the gore bags useful at all? I assume you're supposed to bring them to Dr. Barrows in Underworld? At least, I hope so; there should be some point to them. :confused:

Edited by P1TTMAN