Big Daddy Strategy

x SL1M SHADY X

There's not always an explosive canister lying around, so here's my method:

- Shoot multiple trip wires with the crossbow in the direction the Big Daddy will charge at you after firing at him

- Lay a few proximity mines in the middle of the trip wires

- Equip electric buck to the shotgun and fire a few shots at the Big Daddy

- After he charges and gets damaged by the stationary traps, equip electric gel and continuously fire at him

Will they get tougher later on?

It is quite easy to deal with them even on hard using only the electric shotgun. I empty the gun in their face, then just run aroun a column while reloading, this way they cannot reach me. Occasionally I just sidestep when they charge at me. It takes about 15-20 shots but money is not a problem, as you can find a lot on their dead bodies.

Having a hacked security bot around is very useful, as with good positioning the Big Daddies fight them first.

Having a Big Daddy between you and an enemy turret is also good as the turret shoot him, making it attacking the turret.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36188

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229042

Edited by psybOltOn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Same for me, Electric Buck works like a charm even on hard, just keep sidestepping them and throw the occasional shock plasmid in there when you need to reload. Not too hard once you get a system going.

This. Big Daddys are quite easy once you have the proper supplies. Early in the game on hard difficulty the Big Daddys are no joke but later on they are no issue.

• 3 months later...

I'm just posting something to unlock my account. Fingers crossed. :) p.s. Bioshock is a great game. Storys and quirks with games like this and Prey are what keep me coming back to FPS games (I'm all about RPG's...)