Survivor

catbhoy

Use walls to your advantage. Hiding behind them will have them dummy up for you to kill. Be sure to run around collecting health and ammo at the start. You'll get a sense of when the wave will end. With the next 5-10 seconds round up any ammo that you can and hold off on using hyper blaster. When i played i didnt know about using the bumpers to rotate camera and i managed 9:43. Had i known about the bumpers I would have had much more real-estate to work with.

I couldn't get over 3.01 myself. Gave up after three attempts. The achievements for this game are HARD. I like to play the single player though, but I'm just gonna end up with 20gamerpoints for this game only!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which is the best map to do it on

the second map is the best, collect all the items in the small starting room i.e. 2x hyperblaster + assault rifle + various grenades. then enter the main room without moving the camera. along the west wall is a pile of debris with electrical surges emitting from it, if you stay to the south of the electrical effect without actually touching it and rotate the camera the enemy will only have a 90 degree angle to attack you from.

gas will come from the wall next to you but if you are standing in the right position you will not take damage, this creates a nice defensive pocket to defend from. I'm not 100% sure but I think the 1st and 3rd waves are only facehuggers so use the assault rifle for these waves, otherwise spam the hyperblaster.

Inbetween rounds from the position described you should have about 10secs to gather ammo and medi kits, so from the designated position run to the center of the main room for hyperblaster ammo, and assault rifle ammo spawns from where you entered the main room. on the way back to the position described a large and small medipack should also spawn.

I managed 12mins 51secs on my 2nd attempt with this method, which put me at the top of the leaderboard for this map whoop!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...