Omfg

A Polish Panda

I am trying to beat the game on Veteran but I need some help. I am stuck on the second level, The Island on the part where you are in that ditch and need to make your way up the hill... I have tried going right, left, using smoke grenades, frag grenades and taking cover doesn't seem to work much because they shoot me through anything I friggen hide behind! What should I do?

This part took me forever too. What I did was throw a smoke grenade in the middle of the hill and slightly to the right. When the grenade empties completely dash towards the fallen log on the right side near that little creek and go prone immediately. Your buddies will follow you and hopefully take out a few Germans (realistically they probably won't but they may draw the enemy's fire long enough for you to get a shot off.) After you've crawled to the end of the log (don't stay on the edges of it they will still be able to shoot you) throw another smoke grenade into the fenced off clearing thingie. Run like hell up the road and go prone to shoot enemies as necessary. Once you kill all the Germans outside the dugout entrance you are actually pretty safe. You can even jump up on top of the trench covering and snipe from there. If you start to take ANY damage when you are on top of the trench run as fast as possible back down behind the entrance. It'd suck to get killed this close to the checkpoint. When you've cleared the trench slowly approach the exit, there will be one or two guys behind the truck that will try to kill you. Be careful if you die here you'll have to start all over (I did unfortunately).After that you should be good. Just use smoke and if you have any left over frag grenades in the trench.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

You don't even get two smoke grenades. I gave up because I kept dying and all they gave me was one smoke and 6 frags, and honestly I couldn't do anythign with one. I wish it was like COD2 where they gave me 4.

I beat that on veteran but about 200 deaths on that hill finally made me throw up the white flag...for now.

If you ask me, it's pretty impossible to get up that hill by yourself, because those Germans have heat-vision and if they see even glimpse of you you're screwed. What I did was just leave the controller down, waited about 5-10 min, and my teammates had advanced by themselfs a little, and it was much easier to get up. Make sure to go right and use those trees and rocks as cover. Oh, and I also noticed that not everytime your allies move forward, but if they don't, just try it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the checkpoint for finishing that area ...

What Zakku mentioned. Throw a smoke in the middle to cover the left and middle gunners then another smoke at the broken wall where the star is pointing you to go. Then pretty much just shoot and cover. Careful of the guys to the left most side of the map when you clear the trench they managed to kill me twice.'

EDIT: Also if your missing smoke grenades there's 2 of them at a bunker when you took out the anti-tank gun.

Dont really need the smoke. Wait for a while for your guys to clear some enemies and prone behind the log. I find it easier to move up to the right.

The trick is always to wait for the enemies to be taken out by your team and move on to the next cover. You can also try to hide behind trees.

How many smokers can you actually have by the time you get to this point on the map? The first time I tried it, I only had one, but I went back through and restarted the level from scratch and was only able to find two more - total of three? Is that what you guys have - is that enough? I just don't see how it's even remotely possible to complete this part without smokers.

Damned, if someone would just put a decent VETERAN video of this on YouTube ...