Just a general FYI

Creech

This year we are probably going to have the requirement be that you qualify to be on the leaderboard, have been a member for at least one year, and have at least 50,000:gsicon:. At least, that is where I am initially leaning. I will have a thread up for discussion in the next few weeks.

:( If this remains true I lose one of the teammates I already picked.

Hey all,

I will be slightly re-organizing the first two forums to make the organization cleaner and more structured. All the various forums will still be here, but more in a tiered structure. This is going to happen this week, so if it looks different, just spend a moment looking at the main forum page and it should all make sense. Well, unless I go completely off my rocker and do crazy stuff...

I was kinda thinking this was needed.

Last, but not least, GSL 12.... It is a bit early to talk about it, but I like to keep you all in the loop as much as I can. We are going to do an 8-week competition starting on October 1st. Participants in the GSL will be contributing toward the cross-site competition with PS3T as well, where the total number of achievements unlocked will be compared to the total number of trophies unlocked by their THL participants. We will have more details as we get closer, but one thing I thought I would point out is that they are actively discussing how many more of their members participate in the THL compared to the GSL... I will leave you with that thought.

2 month GSL?!?! I need to recalculate my plan now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've mention before, I've never been in a GSL before. If I remember correctly, gamers can choose their own teams? And wasn't there a thread for those who weren't on a team to be place on a team? I'm asking because I wouldn't have a team or know of anyone who would want me on their team.

That is correct you group into teams of four. There is always a thread for people who don't have teams yet to post in once the GSL forum appears, which will happen closer to the start of the competition.

Guest Scotty

not too happy about the PS3T vs. x360a being the GSL. i've never done one of them and i probably won't be doing, it's a bit too hardcore for me. i'm only just barely forcing myself to game now for the sub/staff comp. 2 things to note though, i'm shit at getting achievements, so it's no loss and i'll still be cheering x360a on. just need to find some pom-poms and a skimpy outfit...

and Yaaaaay for re-organization.:)

who'm i kidding, there's no 'find', of course my wardrobe is packed with skimpy outfits...

Guest Scotty
pics or it didn't happen.

you really want to see a 3'1'' pale skin, blonde haired, but for some reason ginger bearded(It's auburn, not ginger:mad:), bodybuilder midget, with a cheerleader outfit and pom-poms? what is wrong with this world!!!

the above description is unfortunately mostly true...

:p

you really want to see a 3'1'' pale skin, blonde haired, but for some reason ginger bearded(It's auburn, not ginger:mad:), bodybuilder midget, with a cheerleader outfit and pom-poms? what is wrong with this world!!!

Now that I wanna see.

There are normally 4 or 5 hard core teams, some casual teams, and normally a couple who aim to finish last. Join in, its fun :)

I'm intrigued. Make it so.

not too happy about the PS3T vs. x360a being the GSL. i've never done one of them and i probably won't be doing, it's a bit too hardcore for me. i'm only just barely forcing myself to game now for the sub/staff comp. 2 things to note though, i'm shit at getting achievements, so it's no loss and i'll still be cheering x360a on. just need to find some pom-poms and a skimpy outfit...

I will join you in cheering x360a on! We should become Team x360a's number one fans! =D By the way, I found some pom-poms for you!

http://www.promo-wholesale.com/Upfiles/Prod_k/Plastic-Cheer-Pom-Pons--1024-Strand-_20090801083.jpg

but one thing I thought I would point out is that they are actively discussing how many more of their members participate in the THL compared to the GSL... I will leave you with that thought.

They can smack talk all they want doesn't mean they'll go very far ;)

So I've been skimming. One thing I'm still confused by (besides reference to someone with pom poms) is the inter-x360a "teams".

I may have missed it, what exactly is going on there? GSL in coinciding with the Great Trophy versus Achievement War of 2013, with sites competing as whole teams is what I was thinking.

Is there to be a formation of x360a squads within the overall site teams now too?

Now I can totally toss my hat in on a casual squad, like in the battlefield, I'll contribute where I can to overall team success :)

Edited by Opiate42

Pretty sure it was just a preliminary idea. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Get excited! GET VERY EXCITED!!!!!!11!!11ONEONEONE

lol!

Seriously, there will be a thread where people can chat about this and offer their input. Should be up in the new GSL forum by the end of the week.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

They can smack talk all they want doesn't mean they'll go very far ;)

So I've been skimming. One thing I'm still confused by (besides reference to someone with pom poms) is the inter-x360a "teams".

I may have missed it, what exactly is going on there? GSL in coinciding with the Great Trophy versus Achievement War of 2013, with sites competing as whole teams is what I was thinking.

Is there to be a formation of x360a squads within the overall site teams now too?

Now I can totally toss my hat in on a casual squad, like in the battlefield, I'll contribute where I can to overall team success :)

GSL will carry on as you normally do. You'll be competing for the usual GSL award as teams have 11 times before. However at the same time, you'll be competing against us on PS3T to see if all of you combined can earn more achievements than we do trophies.

Yes, we usually have more teams in THL than are in GSL. Not every one of our teams will be competing against you. We'll pick out a specific number of teams (the same number that are GSL since it's expected to be smaller) and those teams will be the ones that you have to worry about.

If you don't like that we're combining GSL and THL this year, remember, this is the first time that we've done something like this. I think that it's better the first time to not make the inter site stuff the sole focus. If it works out, then we may do another next year. If it doesn't, then it'll be another disaster that is never spoken of again.

Interesting.... is it sub only for GSL?

This was posted half way down the first page

This year we are probably going to have the requirement be that you qualify to be on the leaderboard, have been a member for at least one year, and have at least 50,000:gsicon:. At least, that is where I am initially leaning. I will have a thread up for discussion in the next few weeks.

so I am guessing us non sub people just have to keep an eye out for the information as it comes.