Song import + 400ms points

flOOfgOOfer360

Can anyone say whether Ill need the original discs for this? I still have the code that came with my game, but the disc is not in my possession now.

I'm just assuming it will be a download, no original disc required if you have the Code and/or the MS points?

Edited by flOOfgOOfer360

Can anyone say whether Ill need the original discs for this? I still have the code that came with my game, but the disc is not in my possession now.

I'm just assuming it will be a download, no original disc required if you have the Code and/or the MS points?

Basing it only on Rock Band/Rock Band 2, I'd assume you'll need the disc. Unless you were able to import the tracks without having the disc, but I was under the impression you needed it.

I get this from Amazon where I preordered:

"Pre-order Dance Central 2 and get 400 free Microsoft Points to import songs from the original Dance Central."

Then at Xbox dotcom they say this:

"How do I import my Dance Central songs into Dance Central 2?

• Launch Dance Central 2 game on your Xbox console.
  • Make sure you are signed into an Xbox LIVE enabled game profile.
  • From the main game menu, select OPTIONS.
  • Select REDEEM CODE.
  • Enter the 16 digit code printed on the back of your original Dance Central game manual. If you pre-ordered Dance Central 2 at a participating retailer, enter the token number printed on the digital receipt you received with the game (you might have this, you might not! If not, move on!)
  • Follow the on screen instructions to purchase the Dance Central Import Pack.
  • If you have a 25-digit pre-order code, follow the instructions you received to redeem that code for the 400 point value.
  • Song files will begin downloading automatically and will be added to your song library upon completion."

The bold part is why I thought I could just purchase the pack and not need the disc, but will have to wait and see. Hopefully this helps someone posting this here :)

Edited by flOOfgOOfer360

• 2 weeks later...

on the back of the manual of DC 2 is a 25 digit code that unlocks PoP key??? what is it for ?? i got the tracks from DC1 already with the code from that manual and 400 MSP. but i think the 25code digit is something else i jut wanna know for sure before i redeem it any1 knows ????

Okay

- Dance Central 1 manual (16 digits) > Import DC1 songs into DC2

- Dance Central 2 manual (25 digits) > Import DC2 to DC3 (in the future)

Confirm that only the manual/code is needed, no need to switch discs.

Edited by leeloo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I could find an import code at GameStop.... Is that evil? Maybe.... But I have no plans to buy the old game because from what I've seen they're basically the same, I saw very little difference. I don't care too much about having all the achievements. But I suppose if I get all 1000G for Dance Central 2 I'd think about getting DC1 but I doubt that's gonna happen.

I wonder if I could find an import code at GameStop.... Is that evil? Maybe.... But I have no plans to buy the old game because from what I've seen they're basically the same, I saw very little difference. I don't care too much about having all the achievements. But I suppose if I get all 1000G for Dance Central 2 I'd think about getting DC1 but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Do you just want the extra songs? If so, either find someone you know (or on your friends list) who has the first and isn't buying the second one. The code is inside the case, so if you bought it at Gamestop you wouldn't be able to return it for full price, since you have to open it. Not sure how cheap used copies of Dance Central are, but if it's under $30 then that's less than $1 per song, which is a good deal. If you haven't played the first one, just know that a lot of the songs feel like a step down from the second, in terms of difficulty and sheer involvement in the dance moves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...