Video Achievement Guide [All Perfect Runs]

Outinthedark

How do the strategist achievements work? Do you have to score like 50k in W1 or is everything counted? I've already scored more then 100k of W1-W3 but still no achievement. Or does it only count the highscores?

Each level's highest score counts towards the achievement Omega. So you have to get 10,000 points on 10 levels. If you are following the video guides you will most likely get this in W2 either level 9 or 10 depending on your final scores.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guides, but there is a minor flaw: W2 - Kthili Sands

Could you possibly re-do this video and turn the brightness down and the speed as well please? Right now its not very good, you can just make out everything up to and inclding wave 14, but once it hits 15 your kinda skrewed.

Once again, great guide

Great guides, but there is a minor flaw: W2 - Kthili Sands

Could you possibly re-do this video and turn the brightness down and the speed as well please? Right now its not very good, you can just make out everything up to and inclding wave 14, but once it hits 15 your kinda skrewed.

Once again, great guide

Someone on Youtube asked me about this...I did find another...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExaEMKp4P4]YouTube - XBLA Crystal Defenders: How to clear Kthili Sands (Good Samaritan)[/ame]

Great guides (although some are really blurry, which can make it a strain to see the exact space on which to place something, or see what is being levelled up).

However, there's a pretty big oversight on the video for W2 - Melby Point, which caused me to fail twice before I noticed what was wrong. On wave 9, the player starts the wave with the archer at level 3. They then skip to the next wave, where the archer is suddenly level 4. It doesn't show them levelling the archer up, so they must have done it while the wave was in progress. If you don't level up the archer in wave 9, one of the Rocktitans will steal a crystal. You might want to put one of those little tag things in to point that out. Otherwise, great job. :-)

I posted some time ago (only a couple of posts above) politely pointing out that I had found an oversight in one of these guides (units being placed/upgraded during a wave, which is skipped in the replay) that would result in crystals being stolen if left unchecked.

Well, I've found more. More than I would have liked. And these mistakes aren't noticeable until AFTER you have your crystals stolen, meaning you have to restart the whole thing over if you want a perfect.

The fact that people have went to the trouble of making these guides is admirable, but the fact that on at least four seperate occassions, I've spent at least an extra half an hour having to retry and search for mistakes in what are supposed to be videos for perfect runs, is not.

And as said just above, pretty much ALL of the videos place/upgrade units far too quickly, making them difficult to follow, and making pausing/rewinding some of the videos necessary to avoid missing anything.

I used the text guides when possible, as they're a lot easier to follow, contain no mistakes or oversights, and for the most part, are generally far more helpful than the videos.

Great work first off and total thanks for the vids.That took a lot of work and combined effort and I'm really grateful.I cannot however,for the life of me,get perfect on the 2nd video and this is a worry as I only scored 6k+ on it.I followed the video to the letter but waves 10 and 27 always let someone through.I was also way low on gil by the last wave.I've tried a couple of times but get the same result.Is the game just totally pixel anal about placement or what?

Anyhow,that's not a critiscism,just a question.Great work guys.

Yay I can finally get back into my account. I apparently was in "Time Out" according to YouTube. License issues or something...

If you find any errors please list them and I will put in notations. Working on those you mentioned monkey.

Pony I cannot duplicate your issues on either wave...really confused on that one. Going to run through the level again and see if I can figure it out.