180 members have voted

1. 1. Banjo Tooie or Kazooie

• Kazooie
    • Tooie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stick with Kazooie, Tooie is more complex if your not familiar with the Kazooie's controls. Besides, the First-Person aspects are inverted and can be daunting in certain boss battles. Ex. Mr. Patch, Hag 1.

You can change the up/down motion of the aiming in the options menu if it doesn't suit you. But what you can't change is how the targeting cursor doesn't stay where you place it. That is completely obnoxious.

• 1 month later...

I think the first is a lot more enjoyable.

Tooie is bigger, yes, but bigger doesn't always equal better. I liked the sense of completion in the first one... 100 notes, 10 jiggies, 5 Jinjos, 2 honey combs, every level.

Tooie, the levels are too large and convoluted... Too much backtracking and just feeling like you're accomplishing little. I'll 200/200 it eventually, but ugh.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The first is an amazing game. It ranks among the best ever according to me.

Tooie... Not so good. Ofcourse, it's a good and enjoyable game. But it's unnecceserly complex, which, to me, ruins it.

But you should get both and play them in order.

I would say this is a bit harsh I don't like the complexity either but I still don't think the game is ruined. The complexity sure makes it hard though. I think that playing Tooie before Kazooie would make it excruciatingly difficult. Get Kazooie simpler, funner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see a lot of people felt the same way I did. As much as I still enjoy Tooie and it is a bargain of a game on the marketplace, Kazooie is the better game in my opinion. I expect a little challenge in games but Tooie became overwhelming and frustrating at times with the size of the levels and the amount of backtracking. There were times I would check a guide and still not remember exactly which area they were referring to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...