Achievement Guide and Roadmap

FeLizP

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, I was gonna try and do a full Chaos run with that, but it sounds like that's a bad idea. I'm just gonna try to save all 5 with perfect Law instead.

I am confident that following the wiki will get it for me.

I'm fairly certain you can do a full chaos playthrough and save all the bar patrons. All you need to do is answer confessionals and texts as chaos.

Looking pretty good (the guide)! I tried the demo. I am not this hardcore for 1000 so I'm not gonna bother. Would you say that all of the leves are exactly the same, and could have a video walkthrough for each? just curious, sorry if it was mentioned.

Levels get pretty difficult and random as you progress actually. It was an attempt to keep the game feeling fresh without it getting tedious and repetitive with pushing and pulling the same white blocks. You start running into Ice Blocks that cause you to slide, Bomb Blocks that ignite when you stepped on them, and also Blocks that move on their own.

Yes, there are video walkthroughs for all 27 Stages in the game, this includes the Babel and Rapunzel Stages, this guide has it all and they are all interactive within the respective achievement solutions. If the puzzles get hard you can simply replicate the players strategy in the videos to get them completed even on Hard difficulty it's doable.

You don't have to be hardcore into puzzles to like this game but you will have to be hardcore to get the full 1000. I have a FAQ(Already Asked, Already Answered) thread that I plan on posting as well too. Should help cut down on the random threads that clutter the forum with common questions as this is a pretty complex game.

Is there any type of guide for "A Life Without Regrets..." the ending where you need the meter in between Chaos and Law? Like how to respond to each question? I think it would be too risky to do a whole playthrough to try to get the meter in the middle.

You actually don't need a guide on how to reply to everything to keep your karma meter in the middle for the "A Life Without Regrets..." achievement. What you do during this run is keep a sharp eye on your meter and do a mix of "Law" and "Chaos" responses in the confessionals. Avoid speaking to certain people if you are worried about not knowing which answer will give you "Law" or "Chaos". Basically alternate between your bad or good replies to keep the dial in the middle of the karma meter.

This goes for text messages too if you're doing this playthrough JUST for this ending then just leave the Stray Sheep early during the day to avoid sending any text messages that may cause you to screw up your meter. As long as the arrow remains in the clear, colorless, middle area you'll get the ending after giving the proper confessional answers in Stages 9-2 to 9-4. To avoid playing a FULL playthrough try pulling a game save thats decently early into the game like around Stage 3 or 4(if you have one). This will give you time to get your meter in the middle and save you time.

It's easier than you think.;) I will make note of all this in the achievement description for "A Life Without Regrets.." all thanks to your question. It makes the guide more helpful! Tell me if you ever get the ending. :)

Edited by FeLizP

You actually don't need a guide on how to reply to everything to keep your karma meter in the middle for the "A Life Without Regrets..." achievement. What you do during this run is keep a sharp eye on your meter and do a mix of "Law" and "Chaos" responses in the confessionals. Avoid speaking to certain people if you are worried about not knowing which answer will give you "Law" or "Chaos". Basically alternate between your bad or good replies to keep the dial in the middle of the karma meter.

This goes for text messages too if you're doing this playthrough JUST for this ending then just leave the Stray Sheep early during the day to avoid sending any text messages that may cause you to screw up your meter. As long as the arrow remains in the clear, colorless, middle area you'll get the ending after giving the proper confessional answers in Stages 9-2 to 9-4. To avoid playing a FULL playthrough try pulling a game save thats decently early into the game like around Stage 3 or 4(if you have one). This will give you time to get your meter in the middle and save you time.

It's easier than you think.;) I will make note of all this in the achievement description for "A Life Without Regrets.." all thanks to your question. It makes the guide more helpful! Tell me if you ever get the ending. :)

Ok, will do. Thanks for the tips!

I'm fairly certain you can do a full chaos playthrough and save all the bar patrons. All you need to do is answer confessionals and texts as chaos.

I take this back. I finished a full chaos run, and followed a guide to get the rest of the bar patron achievements but they still died. So I suppose you have to play as either neutral or law.

Hey is anyone else having trouble getting the lord of the night achievement? I played through full chaos and did the answers the same way the guide specified and no achievement? I know I'm "chaos" enough because I got the other full chaos achievements in the same run through. Any ideas? Thanks

Check the achievement description for Lord of the Night. I explicitly say that your Chaos meter must be to the VERY left of the karma meter.

To be even more descriptive. It needs to be so far to the left that any subsequent Chaos choices will cause the arrow to stay in place. If it's not far enough to the left then you will get Catherines Normal Ending(Sleepless Nights) instead of her True(Lord of the Night) one.

Try loading up a save further back to give you time to do more things to get your Chaos up(text messages, confessionals, etc.) The choices are correct you just weren't quite Chaos enough. Had the same issue as you 2 days ago. You're not alone.:)

Check the achievement description for Lord of the Night. I explicitly say that your Chaos meter must be to the VERY left of the karma meter.

To be even more descriptive. It needs to be so far to the left that any subsequent Chaos choices will cause the arrow to stay in place. If it's not far enough to the left then you will get Catherines Normal Ending(Sleepless Nights) instead of her True(Lord of the Night) one.

Try loading up a save further back to give you time to do more things to get your Chaos up(text messages, confessionals, etc.) The choices are correct you just weren't quite Chaos enough. Had the same issue as you 2 days ago. You're not alone.:)

Thanks I'll give that a try.

As some advice, I would probably link to the Catherine wiki for supplementary information in addition to this guide. Many of the questions that arise here are described accurately in the Catherine wiki. (http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Catherine_Wiki).

Also for the endings choices during stage 9, the first question DOES NOT determine anything. Only the following three questions do.

EDIT: @Fermentor: Are you sure that you didn't miss a day for beer? If it is glitched, try reloading that save on day 8 and trying again.

As some advice, I would probably link to the Catherine wiki for supplementary information in addition to this guide. Many of the questions that arise here are described accurately in the Catherine wiki. (http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Catherine_Wiki).

Also for the endings choices during stage 9, the first question DOES NOT determine anything. Only the following three questions do.

EDIT: @Fermentor: Are you sure that you didn't miss a day for beer? If it is glitched, try reloading that save on day 8 and trying again.

I know I didn't miss any, but I'll try loading my save and drinking beer again.

Edit: Yea, it's not unlocking. Oh well, I'll just try getting it on my chaos play through.

Edited by Fermentor

Wondering if anyone else has had problems with the drinking achievements. I started working on them the second I could, I'm on my second playthrough now (9hr 52m on the first, woot!), 8th night. Downed all the drinks, no achievement or info tidbit. I figured it was the booth, so i tried sitting at the bar, and still nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this? I know I've been downing all the drinks from the earliest possible moment.

Wondering if anyone else has had problems with the drinking achievements. I started working on them the second I could, I'm on my second playthrough now (9hr 52m on the first, woot!), 8th night. Downed all the drinks, no achievement or info tidbit. I figured it was the booth, so i tried sitting at the bar, and still nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this? I know I've been downing all the drinks from the earliest possible moment.

Don't worry it's not a glitched achievement you're probably missing them on a day somehow, so here's what you do when you start a FRESH playthrough beginning on the Stage 1-1.

Get out a sheet of paper and write this checklist on it like so:

2nd Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

3rd Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

4th Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

5th Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

6th Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

7th Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

8th Day: Sake[] Cocktail[] Beer[] Whisky[]

There are 7 factoids for every alcoholic beverage in the game. Take 3 sips of each one per night to get a fun fact for each one. Doesn't matter where you sit when you drink them, trust me. Anyways check these off everytime you get trivia and there will be no excuse for you NOT getting the achievements on the 8th Day.

I would strongly suggest you save all 5 patrons on your second run because I missed Todd and Archie my first run, decided to save ONLY them on my second run and NOBODY showed up on the 8th Day to thank me because they all died. It seems that some patrons being saved coincides whether or not others will appear as well (or not, it may depend).

You may not have to save all 5 to get Daniel but to be safe I say save all 5 on your 2nd run to avoid wasting time on another run if you'll have to. You will have to speak to them at the Landings/Stray Sheep and answer them accordingly all over again which will be a pain but it'll be worth it.

Also be sure that you're following the "Law" side because I was on "Chaos" when nobody showed up on the 8th Day. One more thing, Daniel probably didn't show up because you probably picked the wrong answer in one of your conversations with him which can automatically result in them not showing up on the 8th Day. See HERE for more details.

Tell me if you get him to show on your next run!

Okay, I decided to take your advice and save them all, doing a Neutral play.

However, On the 8th day in the bar, I spoke to Daniel first, and after I got Love Is Patient, Love is Kind, I immediately got Everyday Hero. I hadn't spoken to the other four at all.

So, you don't need to save all five in one playthrough, though it is probably easiest to do it that way, based on the fact that there's a walkthrough for it on the wiki.

Just thought I'd let you know!

Okay, I decided to take your advice and save them all, doing a Neutral play.

However, On the 8th day in the bar, I spoke to Daniel first, and after I got Love Is Patient, Love is Kind, I immediately got Everyday Hero. I hadn't spoken to the other four at all.

So, you don't need to save all five in one playthrough, though it is probably easiest to do it that way, based on the fact that there's a walkthrough for it on the wiki.

Just thought I'd let you know!

Actually, I think what I said before about not being able to do a chaos run and save the bar patrons is not true. I forgot to speak with each character on the landings other than when I had to choose a response.

Just wanted to update to confirm Legendary Prince requires you collect all four rosaries and completing Extra Stage 64. Simply finishing gives you the bad ending and no achievement.

Edit: Just some additional info for the guide. The rosaries are located in Stage 52, 56, 60, and 64 in both Normal and Extra mode - in Extra Mode you must first collect a Magic Lamp item to make the Rosaries appear in these stages. You must have all four when you finish stage 64 to get the 'True Ending' for both modes - which means you must complete stage 52 through 64 in succession if you wish to get these achievements before completing the main game. After completing the main game, you unlock Free Play in Rapunzel - essentially infinite credits - which makes this much easier.

If you have completed Rapunzel, unlocking all the stages in stage select, and have unlocked Free Play, you do not have to complete stages 52 through 64 in succession again. You can select stage 52, collect the Rosary and complete. In stage 53, open the Menu with :ybut: in the next stage, and then select retry. When asked if you wish to continue, select NO which will place you back at the title screen. From the title screen, select stage 56 and repeat. This allows you to skip the stages in between Rosary stages - you will retain your Rosaries so long as you do not exit Rapunzel. Note for emphasis: your Rosary completion WILL NOT save between sessions - you must complete stages 52, 56, 60, and 64 (with the Rosaries) in one sitting to view the "True" ending and unlock the achievements.

That's all the relevant information I can think of. Hope it helps your guide FeLizP.

Edited by sans Gospel

Just wanted to update to confirm Legendary Prince requires you collect all four rosaries and completing Extra Stage 64. Simply finishing gives you the bad ending and no achievement.

Edit: Just some additional info for the guide. The rosaries are located in Stage 52, 56, 60, and 64 in both Normal and Extra mode - in Extra Mode you must first collect a Magic Lamp item to make the rosary appear. You must have all four when you finish stage 64 to get the 'True Ending' for both modes - which means you must complete stage 52 through 64 in succession if you wish to get these achievements before completing the main game. After completing the main game, you unlock Free Play in Rapunzel, which is essentially infinite credits, which makes this much easier.

If you have completed Rapunzel, unlocking all the stages in stage select, and have unlocked Free Play, do not have to complete stages 52 through 64 in succession again. You can select stage 52 and finish it, open the Menu with :ybut:, and then select retry. When asked if you wish to continue, select NO which will place you back at the title screen. From the title screen, select stage 56 and repeat. This allows you to skip the stages in between Rosary stages - you will retain your Rosaries so long as you do not exit Rapunzel. Note for emphasis: your Rosary completion WILL NOT save between sessions - you must complete stages 52, 56, 60, and 64 in one sitting to view the "True" ending and unlock the achievements.

That's all the relevant information I can think of. Hope it helps your guide FeLizP.

Very helpful, I'll make note of this in this achievement description. I believe players will get all this regardless by simply following the video linked to it though. I noticed in the video that the player collects everything and misses nothing before "advancing" on the princess for every stage. :p

Edited by FeLizP

Just a bit of trivia - although you collect the magic lamp to make the rosary appear, it's possible to just collect the rosary if you already know where it's at in the level (even though it's invisible). I just collected them mostly because they were in the way of solving the stage, otherwise I would have saved more power moves by foregoing them.

I cannot get "I can fly!" to work, It says to bounce on the same spring block three times, but whenever I try to bounce on it again it won't let me unless I get off, I've tried getting off and on three times but it doesn't work.

Place 2 springs next to each other. Bounce on one, land, walk over to the other one,bounce up, land, then walk over to the first one, bounce. Achievement got.