Silent Hills (P.T.)

merzitar

Let's discuss P.T. (Playable Teaser) or Silent Hills.

I really hope Silent Hills, if not P.T. in its current form comes to Xbox One as well as PS4. Do you all think it will be Multiplatform? I would have thought Sony would have already mentioned if Silent Hills was exclusive, but you never know. All we know is that it is by Kojima Productions and Konami. Oh, and apparently, those graphics are "purposely bad"? Wow.

Thoughts?

UPDATE - 14/08/2014

Some potential good news:

Silent Hills and maybe P.T. could be coming to Xbox One as well as PlayStation 4. An an apparent E-mail from Sony themselves, they have listed some exclusive games. However, P.T. is not listed as an exclusive.

http://neofz.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Schermata-2014-08-14-alle-15.15.28.png

The link to the translated website is right here, so feel free to check it out.

Edited by merzitar

Let's discuss P.T. (Playable Teaser) or Silent Hills.

I really hope Silent Hills, if not P.T. in its current form comes to Xbox One as well as PS4. Do you all think it will be Multiplatform? I would have thought Sony would have already mentioned if Silent Hills was exclusive, but you never know. All we know is that it is by Kojima Productions and Konami. Oh, and apparently, those graphics are "purposely bad"? Wow.

Thoughts?

Yeah I also thought Sony announced that is a PS-EXCLUSIVE, hopefully also "timed" like Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I really want to play that game! I mean come on, Hideo Kojima + Norman Reedus and they probably brought Guillermo del Toro on board just for the horror-aspect.

What I found the most fascinating about the Silent Hills reveal was how Kojima was steadily teasing the game through Twitter.

Last year he mentioned that he wanted to 3D capture Ryan Gosling and Norman Reedus and put them in a game.

And just last month Kojima teased images with Nicolas Winding Refn (director of Gosling films Drive, Only God Forgives), del Toro, and Reedus. He specifically referred to those three guys as his "soul warriors" and upon meeting them Kojima felt "charged."

While P.T. didn't feature Ryan Gosling (at least to what I'm aware of) I still want him to be in Silent Hills!

I wonder if Silent Hills will also be in first person...although the P.T. stated that it wouldn't represent the final game...feels weird thinking about a first person Silent Hill game. Although I only played Silent Hill 2 and don't know much about the franchise in general.

But with all the hubbub surrounding Silent Hills I'm hoping that Kojima is almost done with The Phantom Pain and that'll be out sometime early next year, around March or something. Really excited for that especially after seeing more of the Mother Base infiltration system.

Just because they showed it in PlayStation conference doesn't mean it will be a certain exclusive. Kojima is just known as a Ps-guy, so it would have been weird to see his name on the Xbox show. They showed CoD gameplay in both E3 and Gamescom this year in Xbox show and it's a multiplatform game. Konami just doesn't have their own show, I guess?

Ok, I can't be sure it isn't a Ps4 exclusive. But I hope it isn't. Silent Hill done by these guys will be amazing.

Just because they showed it in PlayStation conference doesn't mean it will be a certain exclusive. Kojima is just known as a Ps-guy, so it would have been weird to see his name on the Xbox show.

That reminds me of when the E3 2013 Microsoft conference opened up with the new trailer for The Phantom Pain. Major Nelson accidentally tweeted that it was an Xbox One exclusive. :biglaugh

I think they just had Metal Gear kick off the Microsoft conference that year just to hammer in that MGSV was coming to Xbox.

I'm sure if Silent Hills was a PlayStation exclusive it'd have been announced by now. If a game is exclusive to any platform under Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony, they usually reveal that the game is exclusive straight away, right?

Ah of course IGN. I still might do it, save everyone having to listen to those idiots.

I'm not and their commentary was really O V E R E X A G G E R A T E D. Just stumbled over it looking for new teasers from the Gamescom you can still give it a shot without this hysterical screaming and shouting haha. ;)

I think we'll get something Silent Hill-related soon. SH was originally more Sony-oriented, but since Homecoming the cross-platform releases have been fairly well mirrored between MS and Sony (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't follow video game news all that well any more). As for P.T., it could go either way. I was under the impression that the industry was making less franchises platform-exclusive, but with the recent Tomb Raider announcement, who knows?

As for graphics... Meh. I feel like there's a certain threshold of quality that almost all modern games meet, and anything beyond that is just for the videophiles among us. I'm more concerned with the gameplay and story personally.

I would be very happy with a new release in the franchise coming to the MS consoles, though. It seems like the survival horror genre kinda died off recently and the Silent Hill games are always quality entries into the genre.

On a side note, meritzar, nice sig - Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games. :)

As for P.T., it could go either way.

Just to note, because I don't understand why people are making this mistake, P.T. isn't the name of the game, so it makes no sense to call it that. It's "playable teaser" of the game, which is Silent Hills.

And Tomb Raider is only timed exclusive.

Some potential good news:

Silent Hills and maybe P.T. could be coming to Xbox One as well as PlayStation 4. An an apparent E-mail from Sony themselves, they have listed some exclusive games. However, P.T. is not listed as an exclusive.

http://neofz.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Schermata-2014-08-14-alle-15.15.28.png

The link to the translated website is right here, so feel free to check it out. I'll also add this information to the first post.

On a side note, meritzar, nice sig - Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games. :)

Thank you! ^_^ I played it for the first game not so long ago as I was given it as a Christmas present. It has its obvious flaws, but I found it to be a very compelling and unique game. I can imagine the Director's Cut improvements may be great.

On a general on-topic thing (lol, I can't think of words right now, I'm tired!) I have always believed that Hideo Kojima could make a great Silent Hill. Hideo Kojima is a mastermind - he's my biggest influence - he'll get Silent Hill back on track!

As a crazy Silent Hill fan, I have high hopes for this. Kojima said that he wants to make this game scary enough till the bearable level being maximized.

Yup, as I just mentioned above (before seeing your post ^_^) I do think Hideo Kojima is what Silent Hill needs. I'm glad to see it go back to its Japanese roots. I haven't found a game as scary as P.T. in a while... especially not from watching the footage.

Edited by merzitar

Cool, I'd love to be able to give P.T. a go on Xbox One, hope it comes to PC as well.

Now that we know who was behind P.T. I wonder if Kojima intends to update it/release a new version with superior graphics. I'd like to compare the current version to one that Kojima doesn't consider "downscaled."

I wonder if Silent Hills will also be in first person...although the P.T. stated that it wouldn't represent the final game...feels weird thinking about a first person Silent Hill game. Although I only played Silent Hill 2 and don't know much about the franchise in general.

It will probably be third person. What's the point in getting an actor well known like Norman Reedus but making the game first person?

Cool, I'd love to be able to give P.T. a go on Xbox One, hope it comes to PC as well.

Now that we know who was behind P.T. I wonder if Kojima intends to update it/release a new version with superior graphics. I'd like to compare the current version to one that Kojima doesn't consider "downscaled."

It would be cool for PC gamers to give it a go, too. Personally, I'm more of a console gamer, but I think everyone should be able to play Silent Hill. Wasn't the last Silent Hill to be available on PC Silent Hill 3?

If that's the FOX Engine's bad graphics, we can only imagine how it'll look in its full glory!

It will probably be third person. What's the point in getting an actor well known like Norman Reedus but making the game first person?

I think it would be a cool idea if in-doors parts are first person and the streets are third person.

It would be cool for PC gamers to give it a go, too. Personally, I'm more of a console gamer, but I think everyone should be able to play Silent Hill. Wasn't the last Silent Hill to be available on PC Silent Hill 3?

If that's the FOX Engine's bad graphics, we can only imagine how it'll look in its full glory!

From what I can tell 4 and Homecoming are also on PC but after Homecoming that was it. I'm more of a console gamer as well but I always like the option. After hearing that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are coming to Steam I'm so tempted to build a better rig for myself. I can't imagine what the modding community could come up with for The Phantom Pain.

Plenty of first person games have cutscenes in third person. And some people like the idea that they're "in the shoes" of Norman Reedus. But didn't you play as his Dixon character in The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? That was first person as well. I don't that game looked all that great though. Needed more Fox Engine. :p

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Silent-Hills-Norman-Reedus.jpg

But didn't you play as his Dixon character in The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? That was first person as well. I don't that game looked all that great though. Needed more Fox Engine. :p

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Silent-Hills-Norman-Reedus.jpg

FOX Engine looks shit compared to Survival Instinct! Just compare the level of detail, man!

http://wallpaperpanda.com/wallpapers/aib/pXM/aibpXMBiG.png

LMAO, don't worry, I'm just kidding around. This just shows how awesome the FOX Engine is.

Just to note, because I don't understand why people are making this mistake, P.T. isn't the name of the game, so it makes no sense to call it that. It's "playable teaser" of the game, which is Silent Hills.

And Tomb Raider is only timed exclusive.

For me, the press releases I'd seen just weren't clear (for this or Tomb Raider), though it is good to know on both accounts.

Thank you! ^_^ I played it for the first game not so long ago as I was given it as a Christmas present. It has its obvious flaws, but I found it to be a very compelling and unique game. I can imagine the Director's Cut improvements may be great.

Yeah, really excited for the sequel too, though it's a ways out since the "main guy" (SWERY) is working on D4. :/

For me, the press releases I'd seen just weren't clear (for this or Tomb Raider), though it is good to know on both accounts.

Yeah, really excited for the sequel too, though it's a ways out since the "main guy" (SWERY) is working on D4. :/

IGN are annoying me over that. Last I looked they still keep saying Exclusive... Trying to fuel the Console war as usual.

I wasn't aware of a sequel! I'd definitely like to see that. I am really interest in D4 though - I want to see more than what they show.