Thoughts on the beta

So have been playing it for about 2 hours now. Anyway the screen freezes at random moments while in the menu's, the loading screen has froze on me as well. I noticed sometimes when browsing the settings and what not from pausing in the middle of the game the screen goes totally black and doesn't switch back at all so i have to quit the game. Also the graphics are horendous. I'm guessing the graphics are an early build of the engine though so i'm not complaining much. The guns seem pretty balanced but you die super fast like mw3 fast. The killstreaks or whatever they are called are not needed as well, they're some what pointless. Also in some matches my guns would dissapear or get cut in half and i couldn't even aim because the gun was gone and all you saw was hands. Also my first match the game kept asking me if i wanted to quit the match over and over and over. And also when i signed out and signed in as a different profile all my stats transferred over and fucked up my class selection and everything, it was really weird.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had too many bad bugs show up for me. I have been kicked out of the server a few times, but that's to be expected with EA servers. I also had a few problems with weapon attachments not unlocking.

I don't think the graphics are too bad. They're not the greatest looking ever, but I don't think they're awful. The gun camos could use some work though.

-Name indicator is bullshit. You accidentally look over someone and you know they're there cause their name pops up.

-Red outline is also bullshit. Makes it way too easy to know a guy is there.

-Main menu, after lobby screen, customization all sucks

-Lots of glitches and bugs

-Graphics are awful

-Nationality bullshit (as posted in my thread).

-etc (post more later)

The aiming is all over te shop

I think that makes it far more realistic. Not every single weapon is a goddamn laser gun like in most CoDs.

I just played a few more matches, and I really enjoy it. It isn't the greatest game ever, but it's not bad at all. Doubt I'll buy it on release day, but I may pick it up after it's price drops some.

Wow! I have to say I am completely impressed and amazed by this demo.

They learned absolutely nothing from the last game. I suffered through about five minutes of a round and never made it out of the spawn point. I went 6/5 and got shot repelling out of the chopper on my spawn twice in the time I played. Both teams were crammed in my teams spawn area the entire time and there were some kind of airstrikes hitting every ten seconds. Even the front end of the game is hideous and I loved not being able to connect three times in a row when I started. Don't tell me this is a beta because the game releases in a couple of weeks folks. This might be a beta for a future patch at the very most.

Horrible. Terrible.

What an utter and complete piece of hot gabage. Anybody who throws their sixty dollars down on this deserves what they get. Put this one down on the bottom shelf or in the gutter with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier as the most disappointing and worst games of 2012 and forget that they tarnished the names of once great franchises. With any luck Danger Close will catch on fire and we'll never have to hear from them again.

Edit: Oh yeah and realism is what this particular franchise boasts about now right? Like we're Tier 1 and these amazing soldiers and we worked closely with them to make this game and blah, blah, blah... I guess they are elite when they described to Danger Close the best way to detect an enemy's location in a real battle is to look for a glowing red silhouette through walls. Fuck off.

Edited by WalterWhite

I just came to say that I can't believe people are boosting in this "beta." Ok, I get it. Stats don't really count so it's a good way to try out the streaks. But for the rest of us who want to play for real, it freakin blows.

Seriously, I just dashboarded out of this game where the dude got some sort of chopper gunner at the very beginning of the game by killing his friend and his buddy repeatedly (I checked their profiles and friends list). So pathetic.

Everyone is titled to their opinion. So, here's mine. It's a beta for starters and it was made awhile ago. Second, the only issue I've experienced was losing connection to EA - which is typical. Also, I had zero lag or "freezing." I like how you can take up to ten people in a game from your party and split you up in two's.

It's not COD, MW, or BF3. It's MOH. And if you played the first game, this one is a lot better. especially since they are using the Frost Bite 2 Engine. The menus, unlocks and just the game play will take a little time to familiarize ourselves with the game.

I like the beta and will buy. I'm sure we all love military shooter MP games and it's nice to have a different flavor.

I think that makes it far more realistic. Not every single weapon is a goddamn laser gun like in most CoDs.

I just played a few more matches, and I really enjoy it. It isn't the greatest game ever, but it's not bad at all. Doubt I'll buy it on release day, but I may pick it up after it's price drops some.

Who mentioned CoD? I play a lot of FPS, halo battlefield/bad company, CoD, borderlands I'd go on but there's no need, the controls are clunky and shit

Who mentioned CoD?

No one mentioned CoD, I was just stating that just because you're red dot is on the enemy, doesn't mean the bullets HAVE to hit the enemy, which seems to be the case with most guns in CoD. Recoil is a good thing, as it adds more realism to the game, in my opinion. Sure, they could tone it down a bit as it seems to be a bit too crazy at times, but as far as realism goes, the recoil is pretty accurate.

The menus and changing weapons/equipment are incredibly confusing, to me, but the feeling i'm left with after playing an hour or so, is that so far this is nothing special, i will pick it up from the bargain bin a few months after release ;)

well after a couple games i thought i would share my thoughts, no crashing or lag or anything so far, so thats 1 positive, gameplay seems pretty good, i like the recoil and such.

bad points is the menus, customise class etc, very cluttered and confusing, took around 5 minutes to check out my class, only to realise that it didnt really change much.

red outlines through walls is a terrible idea, i think it only happens if a teammate has seen that player, and it is supposed to simulate that they would radio their teammates of that position or something, but i dont like it, stupid imo.

overall i will buy the game day 1 as i liked the first ones singleplayer, and it will probably be a good second singleplayer, multiplayer looks ok, not as good as bf3, but hell, a couple of hours overtime pays for it so im not worried about the £30 spent.

Plus bf4 beta

I have been having a blast with it, they just need to add spawn protection for when the enemy team spawn camps or flanks. I have only witnessed a few server disconnects but this beta is in much better shape than BF3 IMHO. Just wished the fire team buddies I get weren't so stupid.

after a few more games, i have come across another couple of bad points,

1 - spawns are terrible when you have no fire buddy, i dies 6 times in less than a minute, as it kept spawning me in the middle of enemies.

2 - Of the overall team there was 3 of us who were in our own fireteams (without fire buddies) and theres no option like bf3 for example to change squad or pair up with someone else, very frustrating.

3 - No ammo pickup from dead enemies, not had a buddy who has replenished my ammo yet, and i can see myself running out very quickly on a regular basis. How do you get ammo without a fire buddy?

anyone else got any views on my points?

I like it, it's different when it comes out I'll never prob play this map, but Yah or this mode, but I am looking forward to it. I preordered mine in September I won't change it as I am enjoying this beta and I do believe it will be fixed. In the final game.

Agreed, I dislike this map and am not a fan of the game mode, but I enjoy the beta for the most part. I will more than likely pick this up.

When i first played it my actual thoughts was wtf is this, BUT

i do like it, its seems like a good cross between cod and bf3, im not a cod fan no more i much prefer bf3, for some reason i cant see ea putting the same amount of time in on this as they put into bf3 but i think its turned out pretty good

Graphics are pretty poor and i think there the same as the graphics on the bf3 beta when that was released but i did read that there was gonna be an HD content disc, shopto have confirmed it on there site also

The thing that annoys me is the bullet damage seems really really high, seems so easy to die on this, maybe that will be fixed?

When an enemy is highlighted in red it means he killed your buddy and it shows him on the game for a certain time so you can try and get revenge

You cant really go off this as we only have 1 gamemode and 1 map on this beta, im pretty sure it will be alot better with the full release, its a major step up from the last moh online

Ill be pre ordering this next week, ive always been a moh fan :p

Heres some gameplay i recorded

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc6XsFMQN-s&sns=em]Medal Of Honor: Warfighter Beta | Multiplayer Gameplay | Xbox 360 | HD - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by warrenpaul