Is there anything new and worth watching coming to TV?

fightclubdoll

It's a painful 7 months until Game of Thrones returns...

House has ended and The Office is dying a slow death.

Lost and Heroes are long gone... so what is coming to fill those voids?

Are there any epic new shows headed this way for 2012-2013?

I do have to take the occasional break from video games and I'd love some recommendations.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is in the process of putting out a pilot episode if you're into the Avengers/comic book stuff.

Kevin Bacon (w/ co-star James Purefoy) has a crime thriller/drama coming out some time over the next year (I read the '12-'13 season and mid '13 so either or). Apparently the pilot for this was good (It's called The Following).

uh..apparently there's a Green Arrow show (called Arrow) coming out, I'm assuming that's a spin-off of Smallville.

There's a show about Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal) >.> A show about Dracula (..Dracula) and a show about firefighters in chicago (Chicago Fire).

Those are the ones that caught my eye and/or i haven't already seen a bad review on another site (a lot of bad reviews for new shows this season). Here's the full list: http://www.yidio.com/news/new-fall-2012-primetime-tv-shows-7177

Hope that helps ^^

Edited by Shiftie

It's a painful 7 months until Game of Thrones returns...

I feel your pain on this....Though having read the books, I "somewhat" know what to expect. (Still an awesome show)

Though I am not really sure about "New". Here are a few suggestions:

Alphas (A lot like Heroes)

Parks & Recreation (I believe all 4 seasons are on Netflix now)

Community (Hilarious show...IMO)

Hell On Wheels

Breaking Bad

Just a few off the top of my head...

New episodes of Doctor Who start on BBC America on Saturday. But I wouldn't suggest watching those if you haven't watched the last 5 or so series (seasons).

As far as new shows...Nothing looks that exciting to me. I'm thinking of trying out that new NBC show Revolution that they heavily advertised during the Olympics. I always give post-apocalyptic type shows at least one chance.

Revolution

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon permanently disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_%28TV_series%29

Directed by Jon Favereu (Iron man) and produced by J.J Abrams (Lost & Star Trek)

• 1 month later...
I just heard about this green arrow show that is coming out on the CW and i am really interested in it. I think I might search and find the first episode and watch it. Plus I need to watch the new episode of the big bang theory.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5321978#post5321978

Just started a thread on Arrow lol

• 3 months later...

If you have Cinemax, check out a new show called "Banshee". It's aired 2 episodes so far, in season 1, and I think it's pretty badass. Friday nights at like 9.

Basically, guy gets out of prison, goes to find exgf to get diamonds they stole (why he was in prison), and without spoiling anything.... it gets really interesting.

PS Cinemax = violence and nudity every episode. A warning for the children. :-)