WC Challenge Help - Sweden v's Brazil

skuff

I'm still stuck on the Brazil Sweden challenge, despite having experimented with changing to their worst line-up and formation. What a bummer!

I've gone on to playing Saint's Row and getting some achievements on that, but I'm going to have another go at 06FWC right now. Any suggestions for a shite line-up or formation that'll help me?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it last night, PHEW!

I found it easier, having tried millions of times with edited line-ups, to do it with default line ups.

One more tip - which worked for me, PERSEVERE, you'll do it in the end.

Also, I found that if you get the chance for a one-on-one with the 'keeper, take it. Shoot when you're right near the keeper and it should slot past him/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not beaten this yet, but there is a way for the less skilled to pull this off.

Switch Brazil's roster to the one that moon had up a couple of posts. Also switch their formation to 3-4-3 as described. For Sweden have Henrik Larson has the corner kick takers. Now as soon as you get the ball try a through pass (a good one) and from here I can never get it in. I can however force a corner by kicking it from inside the 18 coming in from a breakaway.

On the corner make sure you have a guy in front of the net. If he is not there keep pressing left on the d-pad until he is. Use LT + X and stop it around 40-50% of the meter. Should go right to him.

I did this and got 2, however i gave up a goal in extra time, which pissed me off very much.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Beat it finally.

Edited by StlrsRoc

• 1 month later...

That was easily the toughest achievement I have ever done. Harder than both getting a Grand Pearl Poo-Bah on Hexic and Mile High Club on COD 4 combined! Here is the advice I would give. 1st, change their whole lineup and put their formation to 3-4-3 like everyone has said. 2nd, put a good formation (I used 4-2-4) and put the tactics at pressing the ball and counter attack. 3rd, now here is the tricky part. Make them get deep in your zone, in other words let them come in ur area near goal. When they are close enough to the goal try to get the ball away and send it with a lob pass to one of your midfielders, and the through pass to one of your forwards should be very easy from here. Do it again once you've scored.

The reason I say that is b/c it is tough to score any other way besides through passes for this challenge. And you cant really get good through passes if you are always taking the ball back near midfield b/c there defense will be back and it will be tough to get through, especially once you've scored the 1st goal. But by doing what I suggested, they will be out of position and you should have a good chance to put this thing to bed. I used the chip shot to score, but kicking the ball right before the goalie is coming at you is also a good bet.

Keep at it, it took me a couple of days. I got it to OT on my 3rd try and lost in extra time. I was furious, but 200 some odd tries later I finally got it! :)

• 1 month later...

I thort u guys said this was hard. Ive been reading this forum and Ive done in just over 5 minutes what some of you cant do in well over five hours. Out of all 40, this was probally one of the quickest and easiest. I finished the game in 3 or so days. So let me know whats goin on, cant see what all the fuss is about.

I thort u guys said this was hard. Ive been reading this forum and Ive done in just over 5 minutes what some of you cant do in well over five hours. Out of all 40, this was probally one of the quickest and easiest. I finished the game in 3 or so days. So let me know whats goin on, cant see what all the fuss is about.

I believe this thread is for helpful contibutions not people who think that since they got lucky they are good. All of the harder challenges involve a lot of luck not skill.

Just wanted to say i got him! After many tries, big break (months) i finally got him.

I Used the normal formation of Sweden and Changed Brazil to 3-4-3.

Furthermore I changed the lineup from Brazil to the following:

GK Julio Cesar

CB Alex

CB Robinho

CB Diego

LM Juninho

CM Ronaldo

CM Ze Roberto

RM Felipe

ST Edu

ST Magrao

ST Belletti

And changed the tactics to "Press the Ball" and "Flood the Box".

Then I played alot of thruballs (Y), and when coming 1on1 on the keeker I used the stepover shot => 90% hits. (Flik the right analog stick towards the keeper, and dubbel tab (B), no running when doing this.)

Good luck to all!

Omg any1 tht still cant do this follow this guide ive just done it first attempt with this and won 7-4 on extratime :D :woop::locked:Bounce::drunk i cant belive tbqh but 1 thing dont use step over shot use lob shot (lt) + (b) and also if ur 1 on 1 wiv keeper and u have team mate behind you other end of box do a thru ball across the goal to him ( make sure u hold the left stick towards him tho or in his direction) thn shoot and u cant miss im well buzzin got my 500 points wooooooo :Bounce::locked:locked:locked:locked:locked

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

OMFG! This is sooo iritating.

For the first time, just scored 2 goals (using m00n22's theory), then guess what happens.... Brazil score in less than 1 min remaining.

FFS! F**king bulls**t!

EDIT: Complete utter f**king bulls**t. Just got to fulltime 4-4, still 4-4 during extra time & of course lost in penalties. Half of Brazil's shots hit the crossbar & hit the line. That's not a goal dumb f**king game.

EDIT 2: Ole ole ole ole... ole ole... ole ole. Finally got it. 5-4 after extra time. :woop:

Edited by kizzav

Just wanted to say i got him! After many tries, big break (months) i finally got him.

GK Julio Cesar

CB Alex

CB Robinho

CB Diego

LM Juninho

CM Ronaldo

CM Ze Roberto

RM Felipe

ST Edu

ST Magrao

ST Belletti

Then I played alot of thruballs (Y), and when coming 1on1 on the keeker I used the stepover shot => 90% hits. (Flik the right analog stick towards the keeper, and dubbel tab (B), no running when doing this.)

Good luck to all!

I made it with that thing :p

4-4 and then 5-4 with one penalty :D

Thanks man :)

yay finaly! thank fuck iv 100% this game. sweeden brazil play 1-4-3-2 an change brazil tactics to 3-4-3 and fowards to def ect...ect... what i then did was trough ball (y) then wen i was in the penalty area let go of run(rt) then pull the RS stick towards the keeper so he does a skill then shoot straight away 9 times out of 10 you will score i read some one whos put this an its the only way to garanty score only took me three attemps to do it this way. hope this helped

• 2 weeks later...

GK Julio Cesar

CB Alex

CB Robinho

CB Diego

LM Juninho

CM Ronaldo

CM Ze Roberto

RM Felipe

ST Edu

ST Magrao

ST Belletti

Good luck to all!

This helps alot!!!

20 mins into trying this and i won. Won 5-4 in extra time. After i got the goal i took it easy and just passed the ball around to waste time etc. The lob shot worked wonders for me aswell.

Only got the other finals to do then i get the achievement. :p

Edited by Tsaako

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yEeEeEeEeEeEeAaAaAaAaAaSsSsSsSs!!!!!

finally i didi it!!!!!!!!!

i won 5-4 before supplementar times!!!!

i suggest to try crossing and, if possible, instead of hitting the ball with the first player.. press up and y to pass the ball to the other offensive man and shoot.. this in order to catch unpreparated the goalie ;)

I FINALLY did it! Jeez!

This crap took me FOREVER! It was the last challenge I needed!

1 After playing God knows how much games and scoring 1 goal at max, I finally scored 2 and went into extra time! I had a couple of chances to score, but the keeper kept the ball out, which basically means the CPU just f***ed me over! GREAT! :mad:

2 After some 50 or so tries I scored twice again and into extra time we go!

Now check this! I had 5! F***in 5 100% goal opportunities (3 times one on one with keeper and two shots that only a miracle could keep out) and guess what!? The damn keeper kept them all out!

But here is the best part, Brazil went on attack, I couldn't get the ball because of the insane passing and then the only shot they ever made that game, from 20m out went in! Can you believe this s***?! :mad: :wtf

3 After some 30 or so games, I make a through ball and it is 3-4, Brazil goes into pu*sy mode as usual and keeps the ball away, I make a sliding tackle and stop them, they mess up treir free kick and I have the ball, I pass it and run on the right flank. High pass and a superb header makes it 4-4! I almost s*** myself, cuz I hate this game so much!

I manage to get to OT. First half, I make and awesome through ball and meke it 5-4! :eek: I am extatic! Could this finally be it?! Did I do it?! :Angel Last minutes of OT and... :wtf 5-5! B***, a**, motherf***! NOOO! :mad:

Penalties!

This is a real nail biter!!! I score, they score, I score, they score (although I guess where they will shoot the ball just goes through keepers gloves :wtf), I score, they score, I score, they score (again I do't jump anywhere, but they score shooting straight under crossbar :wtf).

It went to like 8th or 9th penalty and then I guess agian where they will shoot but this time they miss the goal!

I s*** myself big time! 500G points!

Hardest and biggest cheeve of all times if you ask me!

• 2 weeks later...

GK Julio Cesar

CB Alex

CB Robinho

CB Diego

LM Juninho

CM Ronaldo

CM Ze Roberto

RM Felipe

ST Edu

ST Magrao

ST Belletti

Good luck to all!

Thanks M00n22, this works extremely well.

you definitely need a big portion of luck to do it, but it's doable.

just keep spamming thruballs until you have a 1 on 1 against that god-mode goalie. Then if you run straigt to the goal use the stepover ball. When the angle is sharp I often scored with a lob shot (LT+b).

• 4 weeks later...

I just beat it! Even though this topic has been dead for a month w/e. Anyways, here's my strategy:

1.) Keep yours and Brazil's original formation but change Brazil's players to have forwards at def and vice versa.

2.) Only try this to score (other than if you have a corner): play the ball up to the left forward and then do a through ball to Zlatan (Imbrahimovic). He is just as fast but finishes much better than the other forward.

3.) For breakaways, never try to place it in. Just chip the ball in as soon as you see the goalie begin to come out.

4.) Just keep trying, you'll get it.

Now I just need to vent my frustration about this game:

This is the worst soccer game I've ever played on the 360. The forwards make runs that you'd typically see at a 6 year old AYSO game. When the defender takes the ball 5 feet away from my forward, I don't want my forward to stumble. In any professional match, if the defender grabs onto your shoulder and holds you back, it's a foul. The slide tackling is ridiculous; the player does a front flip when you don't even touch him. Thank god I can go back to Fifa 08 now...

Finally got my 500 points. Been working on these global challenges for years. This last one definitely took me the longest. I made it to penalty shots 3 times and lost every time. I finally won by scoring one in overtime. I made much use of the short chip shot (L trigger and B). I never even used this shot before this last challenge, but have now mastered it.

This game is so frustrating and glitchy. How many times have I gotten a rebound off a corner kick with an open goal, and this stupid game calls it an offsides.

This was one of the most challenging achievements I've ever done. Definitely the most rewarding after the amount of time I put in to it. At least 20 hours on just this last challenge.

Can't wait for World Cup 2010....:Bounce::woop::locked

• 4 weeks later...

I just got it! Final challenge and 500 GS...

To be honest I found it fairly easy (Aussie Rules and even When in Rome was harder for me). You just have to play it different... I didn't use any crosses just through balls (Y) to Ibrahimovic and Larrson and in 1 vs 1 situation release sprint and shoot just before the keeper.

I of course changed Brazil lineup and use 3-4-3 for them, 4-2-4 for me and Flood the Box tactic.