Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

I got the headshot achievement during Mission 6, without any problems after getting headshots on the undead enemies. They don't appear after the mission, so I guess the achievement is missable, but they only die from headshots so it would be pretty hard and pretty silly not not get a headshot on them considering that they basically hand you the headshots. The main problem people are probably having are with the explosive guys as they bend over when they get hurt without dying, and then explode without giving you the headshot. Also, I think there are also 2 variants of them that are similar, but count separately.

I just got The Only True Stopper after shooting the shotgunner running dead in the nether realm. Also, I'm 99% sure I headshot'd all the elite Omega Force as well (there's even an elite flamer).

I'll still list it as missable for now until I have a full list of all the enemies.

However, I'm not going to be able to get on my Xbox today/tonight to double check and count all the enemy variants. Is there any way possible either of you could describe all the enemy variants so I can list them in the Guide?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boosting dragon kills:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFST-WKNnxg]Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Boosting Dragon Kills After Completing the Game - YouTube[/ame]

1. From the main menu, select "Campaign" then "Continue"
  2. Fast travel to the garrison located at X: 521.7, Y: 466.6
  3. After spawning, go out the door to your right, and then go up the hill and to the left
  4. Throw a cyber-heart, which will spawn a blood dragon
  5. Kill the dragon any way you want, although the killstar is recommended
  6. Open the menu, and "Save Game"
  7. After it saves, press X to exit to the main menu
  8. Repeat

This is recommend for those who have beat the game and need more dragon kills.

If you want the numbered steps for the guide, here's the BB Code, feel free to reword it:

[list=1]
[*]From the main menu, select "Campaign" then "Continue"
[*]Fast travel to the garrison located at X: 521.7, Y: 466.6
[*]After spawning, go out the door to your right, and then go up the hill and to the left
[*]Throw a cyber-heart, which will spawn a blood dragon
[*]Kill the dragon any way you want, although the killstar is recommended
[*]Open the menu, and "Save Game"
[*]After it saves, press X to exit to the main menu
[*]Repeat
[/list]

-------------

Also, I added up the costs of all the attachments, and it seems that it comes out to about $42,000. Personally, after completing the game, and all the side-missions, collectibles, etc... I was only at $26,000, so I have a long way to go, as I assume other will. You should stress the importance of pilfering the containers any time you see them on your map for this achievement.

I'll still list it as missable for now until I have a full list of all the enemies.

However, I'm not going to be able to get on my Xbox today/tonight to double check and count all the enemy variants. Is there any way possible either of you could describe all the enemy variants so I can list them in the Guide?

This is what I have for the enemy types, although the names might not be exactly what they are called, and there might be some variants (normal vs elite) missing:

• Cyborg Assault
  • Elite Assault**
  • Cyborg Sniper
  • Elite Sniper
  • Cyborg Shotgun
  • Elite Shotgun**
  • Molotov
  • Terror 4000 (Heavy)
  • Flamer (Heavy)
  • Undead Melee*
  • Undead Shotgun*
  • Undead Molotov* (Apparently they dont count though?)

*Undead enemies only show up in mission 6.

**Not sure if these enemies actually exist or not to be honest.

None running dead enemies, as far as I understand will all respawn in open world after game completion. And there is a difference between Cyborg and Elite enemies, you need to kill variants for all enemies that have 2 types.

Also, if anyone wants to add to my list, please help out.

List BB Code:

[list]
[*]Cyborg Assault
[*]Elite Assault**
[*]Cyborg Sniper
[*]Elite Sniper
[*]Cyborg Shotgun
[*]Elite Shotgun**
[*]Molotov
[*]Terror 4000 (Heavy)
[*]Flamer (Heavy)
[*]Undead Melee*
[*]Undead Shotgun*
[*]Undead Molotov* (Apparently they dont count though?)
[/list]

Regarding "The Only True Stopper" and the enemies which count, every class has a normal type and an elite type distinguishable by the color of icon above their head. Normal enemies have a white (silver for heavies) and the elite enemies have a gold icon.

Edit: whoops didn't see your post

Edited by LV 233

I have nothing left to do but im missing 3 attachments. any one know a fast way to get money

Pilfer the containers, and kill some dragons.

If anyone wants to add any information about what I have, please share as it's the only achievement left worth updating!

I think it's better to list the dragon boosting method in numbered steps than bullets. Make it

1. instead of
  • if you agree.

[...]

As for the Undead, they only appear during Mission 6. Below, you can see a list of all enemy types:
  • Assault - wielding a Fazortron Machine Gun
  • Elite Assault - wielding a Fazortron Machine Gun
  • Elite Assault - wielding a Galleria 1991 Shotgun
  • Sniper - wielding a Kobracon Sniper Rifle
  • Elite Sniper - wielding a Kobracon Sniper Rifle
  • Runner - wielding Molotov's
  • Heavy - wielding a Terror 4000 Gatling Gun
  • Heavy - wielding a Flamethrower
  • Undead - wielding a tantoo knife
  • Undead - wielding Galleria 1991 Shotgun
  • Undead - wielding Molotov's

Be sure to score your headshots on all the Undead enemies before completing Mission 6 the game because they DO NOT respawn around the island post-game.

The sentence under the list is missing a word, and you mention mission 6 twice.

Edited by Maka

Pilfer the containers, and kill some dragons.

I think it's better to list the dragon boosting method in numbered steps than bullets. Make it

1. instead of
  • if you agree.

The sentence under the list is missing a word, and you mention mission 6 twice.

Thanks, fixed it up!

really like the look of the guide and all the information provided. i do think though that for the 'DERP' achievement it should be sorted so the intended method is listed first, then the alternative. hud even tells you when its about to happen.

also with the collectibles, you should provide more information as to when each of the maps become available, what it takes to unlock them, and what area each map covers and the fact that you can mark each collectible with a waypoint. every other achievement is full of this kinda info.

really like the look of the guide and all the information provided. i do think though that for the 'DERP' achievement it should be sorted so the intended method is listed first, then the alternative. hud even tells you when its about to happen.

also with the collectibles, you should provide more information as to when each of the maps become available, what it takes to unlock them, and what area each map covers and the fact that you can mark each collectible with a waypoint. every other achievement is full of this kinda info.

Thanks Nugs, I'll edit up the descriptions later tonight when I get home.

Ok I'm having some trouble here.

At the first garrison I tried killing the dragon with the bow and it failed. The first time the fucking scientists killed it, so I tried to kill them all but they infinitely respawn. Then I tried again and got the dragon back outside the barrier and then ran out of explosives. The vendor wasn't working.

Figured ok, I need to go inside to Darling and finish the mission, or so I thought. Did that, and then came back out the the stupid dragon disappeared. The vendor was there now and I magically got ALL my weapons back!?

Now I thought to myself, I'll do it later and now I'm going to get Running Man. Well there is no dragon around and now it's forcing me to do a hostage rescue that I don't want to do right now! On top of that it seems like I am always in a mission and still haven't saved my game.

Am I overreacting? Do I need to just play and then get them later? I keep thinking I'm going to miss something or a good spot to do it.

The guide makes it out like you can do those at the VERY first garrison, but how!?

Ok I'm having some trouble here.

At the first garrison I tried killing the dragon with the bow and it failed. The first time the fucking scientists killed it, so I tried to kill them all but they infinitely respawn. Then I tried again and got the dragon back outside the barrier and then ran out of explosives. The vendor wasn't working.

Figured ok, I need to go inside to Darling and finish the mission, or so I thought. Did that, and then came back out the the stupid dragon disappeared. The vendor was there now and I magically got ALL my weapons back!?

Now I thought to myself, I'll do it later and now I'm going to get Running Man. Well there is no dragon around and now it's forcing me to do a hostage rescue that I don't want to do right now! On top of that it seems like I am always in a mission and still haven't saved my game.

Am I overreacting? Do I need to just play and then get them later? I keep thinking I'm going to miss something or a good spot to do it.

The guide makes it out like you can do those at the VERY first garrison, but how!?

Yeah don't worry about it. While it's possible to do in the first Garrison I had the same thing happen to me with him disappearing. You will have plenty of opportunities for everything, especially since you'll have to kill 25 dragons for another achievement. All of these achievements are very easy and almost unmissable.

You have plenty of opportunities to try again later. It's completely possible to do it at the first garrison after you save the lady doctor, just like the video shows. But if you can't get it then, you can do it a later time.

I personally didn't do it at the first garrison. I simply found a Blood Dragon at the 5th garrison I liberated and used the method of staying inside the outpost to kill the Dragon.

I got it all sorted now. I went out and found a wild dragon and got Running Man, then went to try to kill it with a Bow but the bastard killed me, plus there were random soldiers coming from all directions.

When I went back to the checkpoint, there was a new dragon that respawned outside the first garrison. Did the barrier trick and got them no problem, but it took me like 30 arrows, no joke. I didn't want to screw up and shoot it too much with guns and kill it by accident. I know one thing, the bow SUCKS on dragons lol.

Also is there a way to turn off that TV/VHS line effect on the screen? It bothers the hell out of me sorta. I can deal with it, but it's kinda annoying. I liked the ads being like VHS style, but why is the game that way too? lol

But I love the game. 10/10 for sure.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Achievement Guide & Roadmap