The Official Bitching Thread

Method

I honestly don't really have any complaints about the game.

A few things tho:

-NEVER let Kat drive.

-On Legendary final mission when you reach the ship graveyard 2 things happen:

1. Emile becomes 10,000x stupider
  2. Running for your life becomes the best tactic.

-Legendary is Bungie's sick joke.

-Ally AI is random every time you play anyone who has claimed Legendary is easy has gotten intelligent AI.

-Lastly: ALWAYS KILL THE ENGINEERS!

The enemies shields are annoying enough, they don't need more >_>

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't really have any complaints about the game.

A few things tho:

-NEVER let Kat drive.

-On Legendary final mission when you reach the ship graveyard 2 things happen:

1. Emile becomes 10,000x stupider
  2. Running for your life becomes the best tactic.

-Legendary is Bungie's sick joke.

-Ally AI is random every time you play anyone who has claimed Legendary is easy has gotten intelligent AI.

-Lastly: ALWAYS KILL THE ENGINEERS!

The enemies shields are annoying enough, they don't need more >_>

I see no need to add more.... Bungie could have at least made Emile stop constantly trying to melee Hunters...

You would think he would learn after the 5th time he went flying off the edge of the map.

And new maps on a single massive one detract from the fact that they are still good maps? Who cares if they're made in Forge World, non of them are really similar?

Granted there are only a handful of playlists at the moment but it's also only a few days after launch. Give it time.

The only thing I could bitch about this game would be the character development. The story was good, but for a game that depends a lot on the characters, I feel it could have been stronger.

I'd say Jorge was the only one who really got some development as a bit of a gentle giant type. Also when he turned the truck into a minigun platform was also pretty cool.

I have a few gripes.

-Campaign. It's too short as a single player campaign, as Bungie's 'swan song' to Halo it's WAYYY too short, but on the other hand it's almost perfect for co-op.

-Not enough time for character development, for a game thats got an ensemble cast the story was too short to develop those characters. I didn't really get 'connected' with any of the characters.

-AI, especially friendly AI. Emile is sniping with his shotgun, Jun is no-scoping with his sniper, and Kat is the worst driver in history....WTF is going on.

-More than 1/3 of the MP maps are Forge World maps. I feel like Bungie went the easy way and just remade Halo 2 maps in Forge World instead of doing what they did with Ivory Tower/Reflection, which is a beautiful map.

-SWAT needs to be it's own playlist. I love swat but sometimes it gets picked too much.

Garbage, plain and simple. Story wise, it's more interesting than Halo 3, but so was the plot of High School Musical. The campaign is just a convoluted story told as a "prequel" for the rest of the franchise. The game is shit. People can hand hold each other all they want about MP, but that's NOT the game. The campaign could be 4min long, and just Master Chief taking a shit, and people would laud over it cause "teh multiplayer is fukin leet!". I solely regret wasting my money on this tank. :mad:

wraiths accuracy. finaly killing a group of about 20 enemies to be killed by the last elite holding a fuel rod cannon hiding around a corner in 1 hit on legendary. the 2 hunters (everybody knows which 2). emile was useless as he was knocked off the map and i get a checkpoint. random checkpoints at worst times.(grenade at my feet every spawn). the enemies never FUDGING reload.....Multiplayer, at end of round a player had 38 kills..fair enough? yeh 37 kills were headshot kills...was the most accurate BMR.wasting whole clip then reloading just as his shield finaly depleted.

Garbage, plain and simple. Story wise, it's more interesting than Halo 3, but so was the plot of High School Musical. The campaign is just a convoluted story told as a "prequel" for the rest of the franchise. The game is shit. People can hand hold each other all they want about MP, but that's NOT the game. The campaign could be 4min long, and just Master Chief taking a shit, and people would laud over it cause "teh multiplayer is fukin leet!". I solely regret wasting my money on this tank. :mad:

Well actually the multiplayer IS a big part of the game, and it is amazing, so I think it's fair enough for people to use as a reason when saying how good the game is. Also you took a rather big leap from saying that the story wasn't good to saying that the game is shit :)

Betrayals are far too easy in this game... I've been booted from several firefight missions for accidentally betraying team mates. It seemed more balanced and less likely to happen in Halo 3... Unless of course your were purposely trying to betray.

Good game but a few complaints I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Normal brutes wielding hammers. It takes away the suspense and danger of the hammer if a chieftain doesn't have one as you can take down even a captain on legendary with a few well placed shots. On the plus side I do like what they done with the elites

2. Campaign is quite short which was also my problem with Halo 3 and ODST. Would have expected more from a 'swan song'.

3. Stupid AI when in the warthog gunner seat.

1) Enemy AI is once again brilliant, but friendly AI just straight up sucks. Emile near the end of the game was just crap, stood there, and maybe once or twice went in for the shotgun kill. I don't understand why he didn't just pull out his grenade launcher and at least suppress them? Why couldn't Bungie just copy-and-paste the enemy AI and then tweak it a bit for them to work like humans?

2) Character development was weak. Near the beginning, Jorge got some with the scientist's daughter, so he was like a caring superhuman. But the rest were just there. Emile, the most sought after character, barely got any screentime and lines.

3) Didn't show off that more "intimate" approach. Since Reach is getting invaded by a massive Covenant armada, I did see that epicness. However, the fact the Covenant are slaughtering our civilians wasn't shown. Maybe in Exodus I saw a little great story-telling (my favorite being when the transport got shot down and one officer is requesting a search-and-rescue team, but the commander's like, "What's the point?".)

4) Checkpoint placement is a minor quirk. I don't understand why developers just don't implement a feature to save where you were automatically. Kind of like what Halo Wars did.

5) Beginning of the campaign was the most unpolished IMO. When the Falcon had to land in the courtyard, it was moving erratically. And the motion blur is just terrible this time around. Halo 3 did a much better job with motion blur.

6) Multiplayer spawning wasn't good. Forge World maps (specifically Pinnacle and Cage) didn't serve their purpose. And why Team Slayer (4v4) on Hemmorhage?

That's about all the gripes I have, besides it wasting hours of my life. However, there were a few complaints on this thread that I thought were worth responding to.

@domn8rdom The reason the BR was a lot better in CQC was because it was a three-round burst weapon, while the DMR is a semi-automatic weapon. Therefore, shooting three shots with the BR is actually expending nine bullets, while three shots with the DMR is expending only three bullets. Therefore, in that regard, the DMR is truly a lot more powerful. Besides, you can control your accuracy and it doesn't have that randomness with accuracy the BR had.

@kRoNiCxKC Most of the maps from Forge World are entirely different. Granted, they could've had more variation in environments, but at least the maps served their purpose. And it's only been out, what, five days? Playlists aren't going to be as expansive as Halo 3, and even then, those playlists took a good year and a half to be in the game. Just wait a couple months (hopefully), and the first map pack as well as playlist update will be out.

By far the worst thing about this game is women drivers. Any time I've had a warthog and Kat's gone near it I've driven away and jumped on the gun when I need it. Much, much easier than getting stuck behind a pebble and nuked. Stupid bint.

Bold= Truer words were never spoken. That is no doubt gonna be in my sig.

OT: Kat and Emile were as useful as a bottle of water in a forest fire. Kat is definetley blind and Emile might be challenged because I've never seen him use his shotgun. And I lol'd at whoever said Jun was no-scoping with his sniper 'cause it's true.

Other than that, classic game.

What really drives me mad is the damn AI and ESPECIALLY the Elites. Its suicide killing them with a needler or rifle they always dodged my attacks and its one hit KO in legendary and its really annoying. Theres nothing worse than having a terrible driver in the game, especially if they can even shoot with the damn gun! This game is great! I like the story and the improvements they done, they need to fix the playlists, tweak some of the guns(overpowered), have more reliable AI's, the achievement with Legendary alone, OR how about fix this damn game!! I have many more things to say but the most important thing of all is......The controls. Why in the hell would you change the controls?????:mad: We ALL grew up with Halo and the controls were as great as they could be, and now that you changed the controls and driving the banshee has gotten annoying, there is nothing more annoying than pressing LB to run when im trying to press it to switch grenades. Controls and AI's are MY major complaint.

I just finished my solo legend run through and the AI is a joke, they get stuck in strange places, and are not any help during fights with stronger enemies. I would think if the baddies get smarter then your allies should get better. Granted i don't want them to be overly strong..."Emile and his shotgun sniping". Oh and don't let them drive ever. Other then that i'm pretty happy with it.

We ALL grew up with Halo and the controls were as great as they could be, and now that you changed the controls and driving the banshee has gotten annoying, there is nothing more annoying than pressing LB to run when im trying to press it to switch grenades. Controls and AI's are MY major complaint.

Halo controls haven't been the same throughout the series. Actually, Halo 3 is the one that screwed it up. Here are the controls I remember from Halo 1 and 2 that got changed in 3: X=Reload/Pickup Weapon, RB=Switch nades (black button on original xbox controller), Y=Switch secondary Dual wield weapon.

Control schemes change....you get used to it.

I'm sick of the enemy ai. Those damned elites are complete pussies unless they have an energy sword or some other weapon that can kill you easily. Iv'e seriously never gotten this mad at a video game before. All the CODs were nothing compared to this bullshit. I'm in the fifth mission and I am really annoyed at the second part.

1. hemorrhage on anything other than team snipers. he who has the sniper, rules them all

2. why do i get better connection searching for fastest than good?

3. for the love of god can people actually vote? the games i am in average only half the players voting. it had the same problem in the beta but at least there is more than 1 flag ctf on sword base :uzi:

4. "friendly" ai. 'nuff said

5. no online theatre. they dont HAVE to fix it, just leave it the way it was in h3. that was ok, all you had to do was not bother with clips unless you had 10 min to wait for a 20 second clip :/

6. checkpoints. having a checkpoint in the middle of assassinating an elite is cool the first time, but not when you have to watch it 20 times because his buddy is waiting right beside him with a hammer

btw, is there anyone who knows exactly what constitutes "an incredible feat"? that commendation really has me perplexed:confused: