Very Easy Gunning Achievement

Comatose

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this without even trying for it when I was doing the "Friendly Fire" event. I just kept flying backwards shooting guided rockets at the other helicopters when they spawned. Just watch the minimap to see where they spawn and fly backwards facing them. Easy.

• 2 weeks later...

the easiest way I got this without even attempting to even try to get the achievement was doing one of the two helicopter kill events (friendly fire and one other) where you have to shot down other copters while your in one. They spawn instantly and are easy to kill with the heat seeking missiles. I easily killed 20 in 2 minutes and I was like... oh that's how you get that achievement, ha!

this is going to sound really bad, but are you guys friggin retarded or what? It says one flight not fight. Use a single heli to destroy 20 others before yours gets destroyed. I've seen achievements with sketchy wording, and this one couldn't be more clear.

BTW, you don't need to glitch it, steal an attack chopper and fly around for about 20 minutes, destroy every heli you see while you are high up. It took me a whole one try once I did do it. I understand trying to find the easiest way, but when a glitch is harder than just doing the thing, thats a bit crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this on the mission where you [infiltrate the Blackwatch Air Wing], for some reason while shooting at the Hydra, I could shoot down as many helicopters as I wanted, without my alert being raised. I was up pretty high, to avoid the cars that the Hydra throw. (Like others have stated)

• 2 weeks later...

i swear this game hates me. i just can't get my hands on a helicopter.

i went to the large military base at the south of the map because they have helicopters parked right on site. for some reason i couldn't get in any of them.

after that i tried getting a strike team called on me so i could skyjack one. my game won't even let me do that. i can't grab them or anything.

can anyone tell me what the problem is? i'm nearly done with the story. i gained the ability to hijack and drive all vehicles and i have both upgrades for skyjacking.

i also tried going to the events mentioned in this thread and i don't have any of them for some reason. i have no idea what's going on.

come on, someone's got to tell me how to get a helicopter in this game. i've been trying for an hour now and nothing works.

Edited by Mister Buds

oh my God. this achievement is fucking glitched on me.

i finally get a fucking helicopter and i fly up in the sky trying to use this glitch, but of course it doesn't work. either no planes spawn or they continue flying around, none freeze. plus after everyone i destroyed i got a fucking strike team called after me.

i somehow managed to get 20 though and guess what, no achievement. i figured that i must have to get out of the helicopter for it to count. so i land and exit. nothing.

i get back in the helicopter and start the struggle again. i get to 20 more destroyed helicopters and keep going past. 30, 40. still no achievement.

WHAT THE FUCK GIVES? i am so sick of this game and i've onlyhad it two fucking days. i want to snap this disc in half so fucking badly.

• 1 month later...

Another thing to do is complete an event with a helicopter and then wait for helicopters to appear. They already think you're a good guy, and they don't move when you blast them down one at a time. Just shoot enough missles to do the job so they can radio an alert.