Trial Guide

Kyai

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody know a good level on disc 1 and 2 for a complete dark crystal?

EDIT:

I already found a good place to get a quick Dark Crystal.

You already must have 3 or more fairies to do this. Go to Chapter 3 and pick The Three towers. Play the level until have to the first mechanism to open the gate. If you already have fairies, 3 Lycans will come destroying the mechanism, kill them and take the complete Dark Crystal they drop. Then finish the level.

Or you can play the chess board stage with the vampire girl just break some of the chairs tables ect.... there is tons of them there. Plus if you kill all of the vampires before the chess game you can fill up all of your items and magic.

The only trial I had issue on was The Crow Witch. If anyone else (like me) had problems throwing back enough eggs, there is a back up way. When the Crow Witch uses that sound blast move or sends the flock of crows to attack you, it is temporarily vulnerable. Jump up and hit it a few times after dodging those moves. It can take a while, so what I did was did the egg returning method until I killed 2 offspring, then waited for the other moves to attack the Witch. It can be slow, use Dark Magic to speed it up a tad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Forgive me if this was mentioned in earlier posts, I didn't read them all. For the Pan / Satan fights, as well as pretty much every other fight on Paladin difficulty, Ultimate Light or Dark magic is just unfair. While going for the trials against Pan / Satan, just go to the opposite magic and use the ultimate attack. They will be completely stunned and wont attack back. I beat both these trials on Paladin difficulty within a minute or two each.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How to get poisoned by spiders in lvl2-2:

- when it grabs you, a QTE triggers where you have to mash a button. Don't do anything => you'll get poisoned. To get grabbed, stay close to her, right in front of her, don't guard and perform a couple X attacks, works most of the time.

- when you get caught in the web it throws at you, same thing, don't try the QTE, her next attack will poison you (if a lycan hits you before the spider does, it will shatter the web, though).

Don't try this on Esquire (poisoned status doesn't last long enough) or in Paladin (it deals too much damage).

... Those trials are so boring!!! And Paladin difficulty is a bit of a joke.

Thanks! This was getting on my nerves!

This damn Trial for Chapter XIV is annoying. The get 100 orbs while fighting the forgotten one...anyone have any tips...I only got like 60 something orbs before the second QTE with the rock...I tried just avoiding the rock and fighting him again after that but it takes to few hits to start the QTE again...is there a certain combo that pops out more orbs from him?

It's easier if you don't go to the 2nd round with him. Keep it in the 1st round by either failing to block his flash flare or synch block it successfully but do not go up to him and press RT, just wait for him to 'wake' up. It'll be 1st round again.

here's a vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4viTzxWO9k]Castlevania Lords of Shadow Resurrection DLC Ch.14-1 Trial (No Damage Paladin Difficulty) - YouTube[/ame]

• 6 months later...
Chapter 5

Veros Woods - Finish the level, recovering your relics from the Chupacabras in less than 3 minutes since stolen

Quickly chase down the Chupacabras. When you get the camp with the snow goblins, interact with the door to start the event. The warthog will appear even if you don't kill goblins, so either kill or wait. When he appears, focus only on him. Mount him and break down the door quickly. When you see the Chupacabras again, strangle the warthog and climb up the little wall. Use your fairy to daze him. Do not press B then immediately jump because there's a very little cut scene. Press B, wait for the scene to be over and then jump.

Wygol Village - Finish the level without allowing Zobek to kill a single Ghoul

Use RT to grab a ghoul to kill him instantly. You can grip them from a long distance, and keep Zobek from killing any easily. Grip kill all ghouls, seal the holes, finish the stage.

Abbey Catacombs - Finish the level without allowing Zobek to fall in combat a single time

When killing, Vampires take priority and the ones closest to Zobek take higher priority. After the vampires are dead, grip kill the ghouls to kill them quickly. When you're at the puzzle, solve it immediately. The solution is: Turn the lever until the arrow points south, ask Zobek to hold it, run through the east door, then down and run through the portal. The monsters will stop spawning. If you're going for the scroll that's through the east, or the light magic gem that's north, it's important to note that you can still use the puzzle to get them even after it is solved.

Abbey Library - Finish the level and beat the mirror and lights puzzle in less than 2:30 minutes

When the stage starts, before the puzzle, try to overfill your shadow magic while fighting the two suits of armor. So when you begin, you can move the first two pieces with the shadow magic powered gauntlet very quickly. When I finished this part, I had 1:33 left. Remember to save enough shadow magic for two walls to break down, so you can't use shadow magic on every statue. Only use it for the ones that have a very long way to go. I had to kill the imps on the next 2 statues. I pushed the 5th statue to the end of the corridor, then broke down the wall. Ran and broke down the 2nd wall. Pushed the 6th statue into place and turned it correctly. This entire time, ignore the suit of armor, don't stop to fight him at all. Then finish pushing the 5th statue into place, turn it, and the puzzle will complete. I did this with 2 seconds remaining.

Abbey Tower - Finish the level after finding and destroying 100 breakable objects before the allotted time runs out

The trial starts as soon as the level does. You have 20 seconds, +1 second for every object destroyed. I primarily pressed Y to hit many objects at once, as well as thinning out the enemies. You'll want about 30 seconds before you have to pull down the bridge, so you have time to take out imps and to pull it down. Once you cross, don't use your Combat Cross to open the gate, go right and double jump up on the ledge where there's about 20 more objects to destroy. I completed this with 1 second remaining.

Video note: He had enough time to open the gate with his Combat Cross. If you don't have the time for it, go to the right of the lever and you can double jump over the wall.

Brauner - Finish the level after attacking the Elite Vampire 4 consecutive times with his own blade

Fight him normally until you rip his wings off. Continue to evade until he throws his blade and press RT before it hits you to throw it back at him. The counter will reset if you hit him with anything but his own blade, get hit by his thrown blade (not his other attacks), or miss his thrown blade. If you're not done when you daze him, let him regenerate and finish up your throws.

Castle Sewers - Finish the level after killing 3 Skeleton Warriors without destroying their shields

Landslide Punch (Jump, Hold LT + X) and holy water are especially effective. You can also charge your dark gauntlet for this. When they crumple to bones, kill them so you don't have to fight them a second time. If you hold X (Direct Heavy Combo), that will kill them in one hit or you can kill them with Landslide Punch. Holy water and Ultimate Light will also destroy them while they're down. You can also use a Dark Crystal to help you out.

Chapter 6

Castle Courtyard - Finish the level and kill 3 Skeleton Warriors while you are mounted on a Warg

After you jump into the pit, start to attack a skeleton and the vampires will let loose a warg. Shift your entire focus onto the warg to mount him, once you do kill the skeletons. Y does 120 damage, X does 90 damage so I prefer the Y combo while mounted. You can't kill them while they're on the ground, so you'll have to fight each skeleton twice. There are only 3 skeletons, so if you accidentally finish one off before mounting the warg, Restart from Last Checkpoint to try again.

Maze Gardens - Finish the level after defeating 15 Mandragoras in less than 15 seconds

I could not get 15 to surround me, so I ran to the right side of the garden, where you move the pillar, and waited for 10 mandragoras to surround me. Use a dark crystal for the 10 kills, then throw holy water to finish off the remainders. If you fail, restart from last checkpoint so you can have your dark crystal and holy waters back.

Castle Hall - Finish the level and win the Vampire Wargame without losing more than 3 pieces

There's a bit of luck involved with this. Lycans do a lot of damage, but take moderate damage. Undead do even more damage, but take a lot of damage. Vampires deal little damage, and drain life is pretty much useless, but they can absorb a lot of damage. My tactic was to stay on my side of the board and make her come to me so all of my pieces would be nearby. If it selected Undead, I would summon a zombie on their side as a decoy, because zombies do little damage anyways. If a zombie is nearby and your Undead can't do damage, then use them but I primarily used them as a decoy to keep other pieces from getting hit or keeping her to move more pieces to me. Restart from Last Checkpoint if you lose more than 3 pieces.

Refectory - Finish the level and defeat the Evil Butcher after he uses at least 15 objects in the kitchen

Simply wait for him to use the objects around the kitchen. Hold LT to block, whenever he attacks move left or right to evade and conserve life. Never evade backwards because of a fire attack. There's not a way to force him to grab objects, so just evade and wait for him to grab jugs and knives from the walls until he uses 15.

Chapter 7

Balcony - Finish the level after beating the logic gates puzzle in 7 movements

Solution: Left, Center, Center, Center, Center, Center, Right

Electric Laboratory - Finish the level and deactivate the Mechanical Monstrosity using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated

He has two stages. Be aware, this trial requires patience.

Stage 1) Fight him normally. Use any magic and any attack you like. When he takes enough damage, he will activate the Tesla coil and enter the next stage.

Stage 2) You cannot hit him with anything but the Tesla coil. If you hit him with any other attacks, the trial will fail. Lure him directly under the Tesla coil and run in circles around him, always evade either by rolling or jumping, depending on the attack. When he does his lightning attack, he'll hold still for a moment. That is your chance. Get to the switch and use Earthquake Punch (LT+Y) to activate it. Red lightning will hit directly underneath the Tesla coil, so if he's there it'll damage him. Hit him 3 times with the Tesla coil to defeat him.

Chromatic Observatory - Finish the level, destroying 10 Deadly Toys using normal hits before completely killing any of them with a grip

The description of this is slightly misleading. By "Normal hits" it means anything other than with a grip. You can use light magic, dark magic, accessories, anything except a grip attack. The only thing is, do not kill any with a grip attack. This means you will be fighting all 3 for the entirety of the trial.

:goodpost

I am having trouble at completing the light-connecting challenge in 2:30 seconds. Although, I do not have a fully upgraded shadow magic bar,yet, and that could be the reason why. I've attempted it and came very close, but sadly have not completed it. Do you need a fully upgraded shadow bar to do this Trail? I am just curious to know.

:goodpost

I am having trouble at completing the light-connecting challenge in 2:30 seconds. Although, I do not have a fully upgraded shadow magic bar,yet, and that could be the reason why. I've attempted it and came very close, but sadly have not completed it. Do you need a fully upgraded shadow bar to do this Trail? I am just curious to know.

Nope, you don't need a full Shadow magic bar to complete this. I only used half Shadow bar in my vid, Trial starts at 3:51 mark. Also make sure to skip the animation of the doors opening (press Start) to save a few seconds. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GOsvYd3o2k]Castlevania Lords of Shadow Chapter 5-4 Abbey Library - YouTube[/ame]

Ignore the Gremlins or use Light Fairies against them.

The Armored Knight near the end is the one that will slow you down. He spawns in two areas of the room, one by the reflecting mirror and one by the breakable wall in the back. He has to spawn by the wall, otherwise, you'll have to kill him first to rotate the mirror. The only way to kill him really fast is to use Ultimate Light or Ultimate Shadow but you might not have enough magic by the time you get to this last part.

So if he spawns by the mirror, just do a restart checkpoint, and keep trying until he spawns in the back, unless you're confident enough to kill him really quick by using regular moves.

Nope, you don't need a full Shadow magic bar to complete this. I only used half Shadow bar in my vid, Trial starts at 3:51 mark. Also make sure to skip the animation of the doors opening (press Start) to save a few seconds. Castlevania Lords of Shadow Chapter 5-4 Abbey Library - YouTube

Ignore the Gremlins or use Light Fairies against them.

The Armored Knight near the end is the one that will slow you down. He spawns in two areas of the room, one by the reflecting mirror and one by the breakable wall in the back. He has to spawn by the wall, otherwise, you'll have to kill him first to rotate the mirror. The only way to kill him really fast is to use Ultimate Light or Ultimate Shadow but you might not have enough magic by the time you get to this last part.

So if he spawns by the mirror, just do a restart checkpoint, and keep trying until he spawns in the back, unless you're confident enough to kill him really quick by using regular moves.

Alright I will try this. I do not,however, have all the Fairy upgrades. I will try this once I get those.

Alright I will try this. I do not,however, have all the Fairy upgrades. I will try this once I get those.

Light Fairies is just turning on Light Magic and using a regular Fairy.

Edited by Simpol

Light Fairies is just turning on Light Magic and using a regular Fairy.

I know how to get Light Fairies by using Light Magic. It was more of a capacity issue of how many I had during that time of the trail. I was not very far into the game nor did I have the proper relic to get the upgrades; however, I have the upgraded capacity now and thanks!

Ps: I beat the trail on my very first try today! Thanks for the help :)

• 8 months later...