Duplication, item steal trick.

Chaosturbo8

So my friend and I were playing yesterday and discovered a way to get items from a shop without angering the shopkeeper.

To do this simply have another friend or second controller.

If you are both alive when you find a shop, have the player without the flag pick up an item you want to have. Then the player finishes the level while the other player sits in the shop with the item. (You do have to hurry and not let your friend die from expired time.)

Then when you start the next level you will have the item and the shopkeepers will not be hostile towards you. Also if the item is something you can hold (jetpack, mattock, cape) it'll duplicate for both players to use.

Enjoy =]

If you're playing with just a second controller by yourself, and you run into a shop immediately after starting a level so you're not sure if you will make it to the exit in time, you can leave the second controller character on top of what you want to steal and only press down+X when your first character is about to leave the level. That way you can avoid taking a risk with pissing shopkeepers off.

Also, this might be obvious, but you can't duplicate the mystery box. I did it for fun and the box just disappears and gives you no content. :(

If you're playing with just a second controller by yourself, and you run into a shop immediately after starting a level so you're not sure if you will make it to the exit in time, you can leave the second controller character on top of what you want to steal and only press down+X when your first character is about to leave the level. That way you can avoid taking a risk with pissing shopkeepers off.

Also, this might be obvious, but you can't duplicate the mystery box. I did it for fun and the box just disappears and gives you no content. :(

Yeah that's the only thing that gives you nothing, it also doesn't work with damsels, slaves or anything you can't carry into the next level.

No problem, Eddy! =]