Official Bitching Thread

MyRifleIsBroken

I've yet to get the Scavenger Bot achievement and I've deployed my bots on probably 30+ successful scavenges lol. Suppose it's a glitch.

Probably obvious but are you sure you are dropping them in the right places? When you get the pulsing rings on the display?

Also, are they all in the same save file? Pretty sure some of the achievements don't track between save files, so you'd need 10 on the same playthrough.

If yes then it's either your progress being reset each time you quit the game and load it up again, or some other unfortunate bug.

What does the "Achievements" page in the pause menu say for that achievement?

If the counter simply isn't going up then try clearing your cache and download the update again. If that doesn't work clear your cache but decline the update. If your progress is being reset each time you quit the game then you'll have to find 10 bot spots in 1 sitting.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't like universal ammo, survival horror is suppose to be guns with limited ammo but then again this watered down survival horror.

That is where I am going to stop you; yes, universal ammo may have "watered down survival horror" however, that aspect was brilliant considering it saves you inventory space, and last time I checked people where complaining about inventory space.

Not sure if it has ever happened to you,but I have had instances(in previous Dead Space games) where I have had too much ammo in my inventory, and had to drop ammo or perhaps TK'ing ammo to a safe in order to pick up Health, Schematics, or even Statis Packs when needed without sacrificing ammo.

This accounts for: Impossible on Dead Space and even Hard Core on Dead Space 2

Now I am more than likely going to sound like an ass for saying this, but maybe, you should hit your targets limbs then you'd realize that if you did, you would have a lot of spare ammo. You understand where I am coming from? The Universal Ammo is not a bad thing and it saves space! Though I have noticed the games' intention of wanting me to use Statis as I have a ton of Statis Packs during the course of Dead Space 3.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass, but I think it is a nice addition to the game.

Gone through chapter 14 several times looking for the final weapon part (13/14) and still nada. Looks like my counters glitched because I'm referring to a video guide whilst I do it.

Looks like I finish with 57/58 because starting a new save file just for the sake of picking shit up isn't my idea of fun.

Gun Collector; the one that got away. After doing HXC legit it's pretty funny that this is the achievement that fucks me over.

Gone through chapter 14 several times looking for the final weapon part (13/14) and still nada. Looks like my counters glitched because I'm referring to a video guide whilst I do it.

Looks like I finish with 57/58 because starting a new save file just for the sake of picking shit up isn't my idea of fun.

Gun Collector; the one that got away. After doing HXC legit it's pretty funny that this is the achievement that fucks me over.

Did you check Co-op because that's a co-op mission

Drew up a list of all the gun parts in chapter 14 and went through them again.

One last time.

No really, I can quit anytime. I'm not addicted.

It was the Full Zoom Scope in the main chapter.

The collectible video starts here, and my orinentation's great, I know where this is instantly. All previous times I see the weapon part and think "Well, no fucking way I missed that." and turned it off before the message flashed up on screen. This time I didn't. Revelations followed. You beauty.

Bitching rescinded.

New bitch: The Dig Deep Suit is nearly identical to the Flight Suit. :/

Never satisfied.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else feel the game dragged on too long? Or maybe just the alien city was really boring. By the time i got there i had to force myself to get through and see the piss easy final boss with the awful ending.

Fun at first but just didn't enjoy it like the previous two.

Anyone else feel the game dragged on too long? Or maybe just the alien city was really boring. By the time i got there i had to force myself to get through and see the piss easy final boss with the awful ending.

Fun at first but just didn't enjoy it like the previous two.

It was good,however, dragged away from its roots from the first installment. Playing the first installment still makes me jump even though I know something is there and expect it. The Second Dead Space was brilliant also, as it was scary, in my opinion, as it added a bit of narrative, plus the scare factor; Dead Space 3, however, did not do this. They can give Issac a voice, sure, however they messed up on what made the first two titles SO great, the "I am alone aspect in Space."

What Dead Space 3 lacks in story makes up in the bench. However, I may be the only one here, but I preferred the bench separate from the store and only be used to upgrade weapons,rig, and so forth. The game gives you suits(for free) that lack any utility to use other than for seer looks. What the first title did right was when you upgraded your RIG, Suit, you saw the 'evolution' in the upgraded armor with the percentage going up and more things added, such as: the helmet changing and the rings of armor increasing. The second game did not do this,however, gave distinctive abilities as a bonus to wearing the suit - which was amazing.

In all honesty, if they are making a forth title for the Dead Space series, they need to stick to their roots. Trying to impress another genre of gamers is not going to improve profit, as proven with Dead Space 3 sales. I am not an expert at the least, I however, know they can do it! If Co-op is going to be in this next title they need to make me scared while playing co-op and make me stay on my toes while playing Single player.

In all honesty, if they are making a forth title for the Dead Space series, they need to stick to their roots. Trying to impress another genre of gamers is not going to improve profit, as proven with Dead Space 3 sales.

I agree completely. If I wanted to get into shootouts with generic human enemies then I would have bought Call of Duty, not Dead Space. The new weapon upgrade/combo system was a nice touch. Too bad it was about as scary as the last two Resident Evil installments, heh... :(

before anyone makes some BS up, companies get money from games rental but you can't play online

This is very true, I was a Store Manager at a Movie/Game rental company, and we paid an obscene amount for games from the publisher...some times over $80 if it was hot...then we either sold them used or returned them to the company once the rental frenzy died down after 30-45 days.

The Passes are clearly there to prevent rental companies from doing this, but I think it kills the market. We already pay for Xbox gold...then to buy a pass too...kinda BS...but I get why it's done, I just think it happens at the expense of the multi-player community. Will be currious to see how next gen changes all of this...I fear it won't be for the better.

I didn't like the bench at all because I'm a plasma cutter only guy. Making those weapons when i went after achievements was cool but I'd honestly just prefer the game to give me a select few to stick with.

And i came back because i had to say Jesus Christ this game is driving me nuts. 4 PLAY THROUGHS WHERE I CAN'T SKIP CUT SCENES. What were they thinking. I mean Jesus if i didn't use the usb trick and died to a fucking falling rock which i usually always do and would have to watch it all a fifth time i would have snapped the bloody disk.

overall the game was good, but there are a few things I didn't like, of course the whole microtransacctions... pointless, but mostly the auto saves.. because of those auto saves I lost my save file in which I had found all the artifacts, so I had all the suits... it sucks

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know if I should get this game, looks like the achievements are ridiculously hard as balls.

They really aren't that hard at all. I thought the first game was much more difficult and Hardcore in this game is a joke compared to DS2. If you ensure that you will be able to use the Devil Horns in your additional playthroughs then 100% should be a cake walk.

I'm the pot calling the kettle black, as I hate people who claim glitched achievements when they really aren't.

But the fvucking drill sergeant acheivement is glitched...for me.

I've done that stupid thing 15 times with no luck.

-I use the devil horns

-I do NOT totally destroy the drill. I complete all 3 waves

-I've tried using a healthback to verify I didn't lose health, I've tried not even trying to use a health pack, etc etc.

-I NEVER get hit. Ever.

-I've waited in the elevator for a few minutes, played the story for the next 5 minutes, etc etc.

Total bullshit.

AND I HATE MP ACHIEVEMENTS. Aside from the drill sergeant and finishing my hardcore play through, the rest of my achievements are depend upon someone else. I can't stand that.

I'm the pot calling the kettle black, as I hate people who claim glitched achievements when they really aren't.

But the fvucking drill sergeant acheivement is glitched...for me.

It was glitched for a lot of people. Check the forums. There are several threads, including [this one], that mention the fix. Just get hit, die, and reload.

Just going to bitch about the checklist on this site.

I'm still missing 140 points from my game as the site won't save certain achievements once I select them.

These are:

Stranger in a Strange Land

Space Odyssey

True Believer

Get to the Chopper

I've only actually got 2 achievements to get(Axes High and Aren't You Thankful).

No matter how many times I try, those 4 achievements just won't save to my list.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if I should get this game, looks like the achievements are ridiculously hard as balls.

Actually, not at all. The achievements for Dead Space 3 are particularly easy compared to the first installment. However, the annoying aspect is that you have to play through multiple times on different difficulties for certain achievements. Although, it was not a bad game.

Edited by x410xDragon
Oh you know, my computer.

Yeah, I'd say that if you've managed to at least get most of the achievements from the previous games, you shouldn't have too much trouble with this one.

I'd recommend doing all the main achievements before attempting Awakening.

Especially because it's easier to do the Devil's Hand work around without Awakening as you have to delete the DLC as well as the update for the work around to actually work.

And of course having the DH for Hard Core and Pure Survival makes those difficulties far more bearable.

It's just a shame that you have to use the damn work around in the first place.

Just going to bitch about the checklist on this site.

I'm still missing 140 points from my game as the site won't save certain achievements once I select them.

These are:

Stranger in a Strange Land

Space Odyssey

True Believer

Get to the Chopper

I've only actually got 2 achievements to get(Axes High and Aren't You Thankful).

No matter how many times I try, those 4 achievements just won't save to my list.

I may know what your problem is. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am positive you have to do some of those on one separate play through. The "Axes High" are counting,but on that particular save file. It will not carry over onto other play-throughs. For example: if you are playing on Normal difficulty and you have 28/30 counting for "Axes High", but start Survivalist difficulty it wipes it clean to 0/30.

I have finished the game 100% for awhile now and I and several others had this same issue like you. If you need a further explanation or need a HardCore partner(makes it a bit easier), shoot me a request. Good luck!

I may know what your problem is. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am positive you have to do some of those on one separate play through. The "Axes High" are counting,but on that particular save file. It will not carry over onto other play-throughs. For example: if you are playing on Normal difficulty and you have 28/30 counting for "Axes High", but start Survivalist difficulty it wipes it clean to 0/30.

I have finished the game 100% for awhile now and I and several others had this same issue like you. If you need a further explanation or need a HardCore partner(makes it a bit easier), shoot me a request. Good luck!

I've yet to get that achievement(Axes High), and I'm aware the count doesn't carry over to different save files.

My issue is with checking off my achievements on this site.

Every time I check off every achievement I've got and then select save at the bottom of the page, it reloads and deselects the same 4 achievements.

I've even tried just selecting all achievements, including the ones I've yet to complete, and then saving, and it still deselects the same 4, making the list incomplete.

My issue is with checking off my achievements on this site.

Every time I check off every achievement I've got and then select save at the bottom of the page, it reloads and deselects the same 4 achievements.

I've even tried just selecting all achievements, including the ones I've yet to complete, and then saving, and it still deselects the same 4, making the list incomplete.

That tends to happen whenever they add DLC to a list you've been using. The fix is posted [here] among other places.

• 4 weeks later...
That tends to happen whenever they add DLC to a list you've been using. The fix is posted [here] among other places.

Brilliant! That worked perfectly.

I don't know if this is the right place but the achievement checklist doesn't work.

Go to your achievement list and delete Dead Space 3.

Do not just disable it, delete it completely, and then go back to the achievement list for it and re-enable DS3 and check of the achievements you have.

It works as I've just done exactly that.