SPOILERS, Opinions, Commentary HERE

THE DEADLY DOG

I could see why, assuming that it's because she was "mysterious" and her lips were sealed to reveal who she was.

Either way, seems like whoever Bigby grows fond of dies...I could only expect the next woman he start talking to, dies as well!

And what the hell was Beauty up to? Too suspicious for my liking.

Yes, the beauty thing has my interest as well.

Hmmm....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major spoiler (maybe?)

Uhm, I'm not sure what to think of Snow's "death". I read that this was a prequel to the comic in some previews and that the story actually had to be accepted by the creator. I never read the comics, but from glancing over some comments it seems like she is alive and fine in them ... so that scene would make no sense and is actually kinda weak as a cliffhanger for people who know the comic. It's like "killing" Batman after 10 minutes in a Batman movie.

Or am I missing something and she could really be dead? I mean killing off two hot chicks day one, come on, that'd be cruel.

Still, really good game, as I said i don't know it's source material, but the premise and setting is insanely good, even better than TWD. Hope this doesn't turn into a 08/15 serial killer hunt with some fairytale lore stuffed in it. Would really like to see more of this "world" and its characters. I really loved the music as well.

But I have to admit I'd like to have some sort of evolution on how your choices affect the story in future games like that. I know that it would be really difficult to write a game with so many story branches, but if delivered well I think it should be a success as well.

Edited by Schreckofant

Does Snow die in every play through no matter what kind of choices you make? Her death really bummed me out :(

Beautiful game, not even the horrible framerate issues could ruined it for me. Well worth the price and I can't wait for episode 2.

Every playthrough no matter what.

This game was awesome and I've never heard of the comics before this but now I'd like to read them. I loved the color palette in this game and really enjoyed the story. I pretty much have nothing but praise for this and The Walking Dead as far as story telling goes. And now for the bad part...

Telltale really needs to get these lag issues under control once and for all. They've made too many games with the same technical issues for it to be ignored anymore. An automatic three points off your final review score from now until it's fixed rule needs to be imposed across the internet or something. Great game, fix the lag, it's inexcusable. These are short little episodic games, they should play as smooth as silk. You could name a hundred other games that are a million times more technically complicated with dozens of hours of voice tracks that don't have these problems. The worst part of it is that it always seems to kick into high gear at crucial points in the story. I had my game freeze on the screen when I had to choose between Toad and The Prince and then I thought my console was going to start smoking during the fight with Gren when the framerate bottomed out with lag. Disruptive is an understatement.

Any guesses on who did it? Personally, with them talking about a serial killing Fable, only one I can think of is The Headless Horseman.

The Headless Horseman was pictured in that Fables book of characters you go through in Crane's office before you talk to the mirror. He was behind Crane on his horse in the picture but there was no option to highlight him for a backstory. Could be a good guess. I'm sure it'll be a twist whoever it is, Telltale did a decent job with the twist with the guy from The Walking Dead at the end. That guy never even occurred to me.

Edited by WalterWhite

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else, but when Faith mentioned her ribbon it reminded me of an old fairy tale. A woman wears a ribbon her entire life. She falls in love with a man, they marry, and grow old together. He keeps asking her about the ribbon, but she refuses to take it off. One day he takes it off while she's asleep, and her head falls off. In some versions, when he ties her head back on she comes back alive. Though how that ties into the Donkeyskin tale, I have no idea.

Second question: Who kills Lawrence? Tweedle Dee says he shot himself when he learned Faith was dead, but if you inspect the gun it says it hasn't been fired for at least a week. A mistake, or a clue? Bigby doesn't seem to focus on it.

I don't know about anyone else, but when Faith mentioned her ribbon it reminded me of an old fairy tale. A woman wears a ribbon her entire life. She falls in love with a man, they marry, and grow old together. He keeps asking her about the ribbon, but she refuses to take it off. One day he takes it off while she's asleep, and her head falls off. In some versions, when he ties her head back on she comes back alive. Though how that ties into the Donkeyskin tale, I have no idea.

Second question: Who kills Lawrence? Tweedle Dee says he shot himself when he learned Faith was dead, but if you inspect the gun it says it hasn't been fired for at least a week. A mistake, or a clue? Bigby doesn't seem to focus on it.

Well if you go to Lawrence's first he is still alive when Bigby leaves, but if you go to Toad's first, it's up in the air how he died.

• 4 weeks later...
I really hope Snow and Faith, mainly Snow though, aren't dead. I was really disappointed when Snow died because I really liked her as a character. Faith seems too mysterious to actually be dead as well...

I guess we'll have to wait till later episodes to find out. Whenever they come out.

I am 100% with you on the Snow statement. Wait we must.

I really hope Snow and Faith, mainly Snow though, aren't dead. I was really disappointed when Snow died because I really liked her as a character. Faith seems too mysterious to actually be dead as well...

I guess we'll have to wait till later episodes to find out. Whenever they come out.

Seconded.

I have to say, I really like this game (maybe even more than TWD). The color palette, the tone, the setting, the mystery element -- all of it. The reaction time you're allotted for each sequence seems to be crazy fast though. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, though the interweaving with TWD:S2 may make that kind of difficult.

The choices seem a bit more interesting from a character development standpoint, as well. TWD had more weight/attachment issues built into the moments of choice, whereas this seems to be more geared towards how you want to develop the character.

I absolutely LOVED the first episode and cant wait for the next chapter.:dance: Its honestly just as good as the twd. It also helped that the first episode was free and the season pass was only 10 bucks, couldnt pass it up im hooked. Broke my heart when you find snow:(

I thought of the exact same story. I guess we will see!