1000 People Online - Take 2 - 31st January 2010

Minty

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/nbalive07.jpg

Well, people have been asking about this for over two years now. And the time has finally come! EA have announced the server for the game will be turned off on Feb 2nd. We have chosen Sunday January 31st for the date. The times will be:

7PM: Central Europe (GMT +1)

6PM: UK (GMT)

1PM: US Eastern (GMT -5)

Noon: US Central (GMT -6)

11AM : US Mountain (GMT -7)

10AM : US Western (GMT -8)

We will follow the same process we went through last time. We will have multiple x360a rooms set up, with staff and senior members heading up the rooms. Obviously, the more people the better. There are various theories that 1 person can have 4 controllers signed in which count, others don't believe that this theory counts. We will be trying to track down a definitive answer from EA in the coming weeks.

Anyway, this is only going to work if everybody helps to spread the word. Please forward this thread to as many people as possible, as many communities as possible. Blog it, tweet it, Facebook it, text it. Do whatever you can. We've done this once already, let's do it again. Will be a good opportunity to get a shiny new Award badge :p

More details will be announced closer to the day, but for now we have a date to work with :)

If anyone form other sites or anything has questions or wants to get involved, please email nbalive07[a t] x 3 6 0 a.0rg.

EDIT - Information everyone should read. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2676753

Edited by Minty

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Damn. I'm going to be working that day.

Unless I can get off, in which case I'll be here from 12:45 to 1:30, is it possible that I can set my Xbox to the lobby menu or something and I can still get it when it is at that point?

Damn. I'm going to be working that day.

Unless I can get off, in which case I'll be here from 12:45 to 1:30, is it possible that I can set my Xbox to the lobby menu or something and I can still get it when it is at that point?

Yeah, the game counts people in the lobby or currently active in games.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
Yeah, the game counts people in the lobby or currently active in games.

Alright, cool. I was just in there and I want to be 110% certain. Can I just be looking at the sublobbies (U.S., Asia, etc.) or do I have to be in a lobby?

Either way, I'm in. I've been dying to do this and no foul blood is going to keep me from helping out.

Joining.

Anyone in the UK buying it here is a link for it @ £5

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200410413919&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Just ordered my copy. Will work on the other online achievements beforehand though.

EDIT: Will we also get the NBA Live Award for the site if we participate? As other people have it from the last time.

Edited by Seany Show