No Rest For The Living level 6 BFG

juenger1701

ok after banging my head off the wall for awhile here's how to do it this one was a mother-fucker

starting in the large room where you can see the BFG-9000 drop into the river of blood run to the end nearest the BFG the back wall is a secret panel

in the next room you'll see an ammo box (green) and a shotgun shell box with 2 switches 1 raises the platform the shells are on the other lowers it

raise the shell platform 2 notches (1 notch higher than the bullets) use the run command to "hop" from the platform with the bullets to the shell platform to the platform along the wall make your way to the top (SAVE NOW!) and hit the switch

after killing the horde you'll find 2 more switches that do the same to the bullet platform as the first 2 did to the shell platform reverse the platforms (drop to ground raise shells by 1 bullets by 2) run from the shells to the bullets to the smaller platform with a switch on it push this switch

a wall in the direction you're facing will lower head that way and activate the head shaped switch that will then lower into the floor

congratulations your half way there (i said it was a bitch)

now go back to the area where you got the yellow skull

head to the room with the green armor on top of a waterfall of blood

as you enter the room go to the far right the back wall here (right hand side of the room facing as you entered the room the armor will be to your left) the back wall is a secret panel

head up the stairs grab the armor if needed the wall that's directly in front of you as you climb the stairs is another secret panel

follow this hallway drop down turn to the right and activate this face switch that will again lower into the floor

thanks to VMU for the last part i forgot about

in the room where you use the orange skull there is a pit underneath the pillars that has the third face, it also has mega armor and spawns enemies.

the BFG is now yours to take to get it return to the first large room when facing the BFG move to the left (the same way that leads to the yellow door) on the right a path that had a bunch of face panels blocking it is now open walk on up ad get your toy

also grants "A Really Big Gun" if you don't already have it

Edited by juenger1701
compleating guide

I'm also having trouble with this, I've hit both switches you describe and they both sank into the ground but there are still some face panels blocking the BFG.

Same here, after a while of investigating, I just said screw it and continued on. You end up running into the BFG later on anyways at one point or another.

Can I just add:

You really, REALLY should get the BFG on this level as it makes the next one a heck of a lot easier.

I finished the whole episode on UV, secret level included, WITHOUT even finding the BFG 9000. When I got to the last two levels I wished I had taken the time to find it though.

Damn that was hard! But doable.

I finished the whole episode on UV, secret level included, WITHOUT even finding the BFG 9000. When I got to the last two levels I wished I had taken the time to find it though.

Damn that was hard! But doable.

The bit that spings to mind is the bit on Baron's Banquet when you get to the top of the tower. Having the BFG made that bit considerably less painful! :uzi:

The bit that spings to mind is the bit on Baron's Banquet when you get to the top of the tower. Having the BFG made that bit considerably less painful! :uzi:

I just ran down to the first platform out of the tower, I basically funneled the cacodemons there and dispatched them. Finding that place was another matter though...

The BFG would have been a HUGE help indeed.