• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASY Retriever Trial Method

You do NOT need to go on a single moving platform except one. Right from the beginning, press dash (LB) twice instantly. You will now be on the first platform. Look at the stationary platform to your right. Press Dash right at end of ledge, then Jump, then Dash, then boost. (LB+A+LB+B). You will make the jump if done properly. Look at next Stationary Platform to your left. Do the same thing. Now you need to jump on one of the moving platforms (either one). Just jump and dash, or dash, jump, dash. Then Dash jump to the holocron. Do the same thing back. Jump on a moving platform, then jump on the stationary platform. Now do the same thing you did before to get back. Using the Dash, Jump, Dash, boost technique.

I got 30 seconds. Ranked 22 of the world currently. You only need 40 seconds or lower for Platinum.

But this is the easiest trial out of all of them

Edited by Venomized

Thanks Venom.

I figured it out.

The best I've done is 53.4 seconds. :uzi:this game

Screw you Lucas Arts, I will never rent or buy another game from you again.

This laggy piece of crap is annoying. Every time I'm doing well I have to worry about double tapping a button thanks to your horrible coding skills.

Edited by bennifer3000

EASY Retriever Trial Method

You do NOT need to go on a single moving platform except one. Right from the beginning, press dash (LB) twice instantly. You will now be on the first platform. Look at the stationary platform to your right. Press Dash right at end of ledge, then Jump, then Dash, then boost. (LB+A+LB+B). You will make the jump if done properly. Look at next Stationary Platform to your left. Do the same thing. Now you need to jump on one of the moving platforms (either one). Just jump and dash, or dash, jump, dash. Then Dash jump to the holocron. Do the same thing back. Jump on a moving platform, then jump on the stationary platform. Now do the same thing you did before to get back. Using the Dash, Jump, Dash, boost technique.

I got 30 seconds. Ranked 22 of the world currently. You only need 40 seconds or lower for Platinum.

But this is the easiest trial out of all of them

What? This method wasn't easy because of the goddamn timing of the boost and the fact that sometimes the next platform seemed to be so far away...

Despite my frustation though I still somehow managed to be ranked 26th at the moment I completed it the last time.

Well I finally beat that crappy challenge.

I'd suggest 2 things:

-Not attacking the drone (make laps around edge of circle)

-Not button mashing

The calmer you press the buttons, the less likely you are to screw up, and you get into a rhythm for the last 3 moves. I fell off one attempt and beat it with 54-something seconds to go, but the next attempt I beat it at 59 seconds.

Good riddance.

Edited by bennifer3000

Well I finally beat that crappy challenge.

I'd suggest 2 things:

-Not attacking the drone (make laps around edge of circle)

-Not button mashing

The calmer you press the buttons, the less likely you are to screw up, and you get into a rhythm for the last 3 moves. I fell off one attempt and beat it with 54-something seconds to go, but the next attempt I beat it at 59 seconds.

Good riddance.

Good suggestions and glad to hear that you did it. I still feel that it is better to do the first Combat Challenge while your lightsaber is still at level 1 and not upgraded. That way, there are less combos to do and you won't have to complete the tricky combos at the end.

After completing, then upgrade your saber at will.

Edited by kestrel

What? This method wasn't easy because of the goddamn timing of the boost and the fact that sometimes the next platform seemed to be so far away...

Despite my frustation though I still somehow managed to be ranked 26th at the moment I completed it the last time.

The timing? There is no timing invlove, you just press the buttons. Except the Dash boost, you have to press :bbut: at the right time at the end of the dash. As for the platform being so far away. Yes it is, but you should have more than enough space to make it. Take your time to practice, and once u got it down, go full out. Once i figured it out, it literally took me 3 times.

For the Final Gauntlet, or trial 10. I got platinum on my first try. If you use a charged level 3 saber throw, you'll kill any of them mechs with approx 2 throws. Extremely easy and quick. Even if you don't charge it and spam, it's still faster than trying to hack and slash them. Just deal with the other soldiers as you normally would. I just thought i'd give some help on the mechs.

Brilliant! Thank you so much for the tip, I just got my platinum medal.

What I'm stuck on now is both the Deflector challenge and the Cloning Spire Challenge. Deflector has gotten me close to breaking my controller. Know any tips for these two challenges? I tried to follow the guide, but I still can't figure out how to wrap these damn challenges up.

Edited by Horwitz

Brilliant! Thank you so much for the tip, I just got my platinum medal.

What I'm stuck on now is both the Deflector challenge and the Cloning Spire Challenge. Deflector has gotten me close to breaking my controller. Know any tips for these two challenges? I tried to follow the guide, but I still can't figure out how to wrap these damn challenges up.

Grab and throw the projectiles back at the walkers as quickly as possible. It's faster, safer, and more efficient than actually deflecting.

Grab and throw the projectiles back at the walkers as quickly as possible. It's faster, safer, and more efficient than actually deflecting.

That worked so well that it got me the achievement. And it did work better with projectiles. All I need to do now is beat the game on Unleashed and its done. Thanks for your help.

Hello All,

This post is geared toward anyone who bothered trying to attain Platinum on every challenge.

I've managed to get platinum on every Challenge but 2. Which are the "scout trooper trial" and the "trial of agility" (exclusive to collector's the edition).

The margin of error seems so minimal for the STT that it nearly seems impossible. My best time for it is 33.602, but under 30 seems ludicrous.

As for the TOA my best time is 10.094 and Plat is 10.00.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to improve my time and attain Plat?

And for anyone who would like to say "whats the point all you need is Gold", I now have my full 1k but I feel the game was so short that completing platinum on these challenges will be the only way for me to get my full dollars worth.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

For the Final Gauntlet, or trial 10. I got platinum on my first try. If you use a charged level 3 saber throw, you'll kill any of them mechs with approx 2 throws. Extremely easy and quick. Even if you don't charge it and spam, it's still faster than trying to hack and slash them. Just deal with the other soldiers as you normally would. I just thought i'd give some help on the mechs.

Man that helped big time. Thanks for the tip.

I'm surprised so many people are struggling with this. I'm usually the one who can't get an achievement or two, but I don't think I've ever completed a game faster than this.

I found the challenges to be ridiculously easy, albeit with a butt load of trial and error (especially on the speed challenges). I think some of you (you know, the people with a million completed games and ten billion gamer points) are really stretching the truth on some of our struggles.

Agree with this. The only one I had problems with was the first saber combo challenge (only because I didn't know you could dash cancel out of XXXX and XXXXX combos to shave 1-2 seconds and waited those out. I was still able to gold it without cancelling) and Retrieval challenge. Other than those, everything was very simple. It took me about 2 hours to complete all 10 challenges gold/platinum.

Okay I have every achievement but getting gold on all the challenges and like everyone else on the internet, it's the first one (lightsaber trial) that is breaking my balls.

I have got 53.5 second, NO mistakes to speak of and no extra button taps. About 9/10 of my tries are COMPLETELY nonviable as I'll be in the middle of doing a combo, oriented towards the drone, and all of a sudden the buttons on screen will disappear or my guy will be knocked back. I have no idea why this happens but it pisses me off to no end. If the last combo didn't take 6 hours to complete on screen, maybe I'd have the achievement by now.

RAGE. I am ready to smash my controller at this bull crap. Here's a tip for LucasArts: if you are making a game that is only 3 hours long and you make a super easy achievement list, DON'T BE A TROLL.

/end rage.

First things first, Venomized, thanks a ton for that tip on Retrieval trial, I had already got gold but when I read your tip I went back and got platinum. Now all I have left is the combat trial.

I've been reading everyone talk about the combo sequence disappearing for no reason or they can't get the last few combos off (with max lightsaber ability). But I haven't seen anyone say anything about pauses in the game mid-combos. I don't know if it is because I installed the game onto the HDD or what, but I will get these weird 0.5-1.0 second pauses, enough sometimes to make the game not register my next button press or to make a XXXXB combo into an XX XX combo. It's very frusterating. Did anyone else have this problem who installed the game to their HDD or did you get it even running off the CD? Thanks for the help!

First things first, Venomized, thanks a ton for that tip on Retrieval trial, I had already got gold but when I read your tip I went back and got platinum. Now all I have left is the combat trial.

I've been reading everyone talk about the combo sequence disappearing for no reason or they can't get the last few combos off (with max lightsaber ability). But I haven't seen anyone say anything about pauses in the game mid-combos. I don't know if it is because I installed the game onto the HDD or what, but I will get these weird 0.5-1.0 second pauses, enough sometimes to make the game not register my next button press or to make a XXXXB combo into an XX XX combo. It's very frusterating. Did anyone else have this problem who installed the game to their HDD or did you get it even running off the CD? Thanks for the help!

I installed the game onto my HDD, and didn't have any of the issues that you outlined above.

I got my gold after memorizing the sequence of buttons, and then left it to die.

I still need to do the Retrieval and Cloning Spire challenges. I have silver in both... just dreading having to get gold in them.

Do Venomized suggestion for Retrieval, it improved my time by a good 15 seconds and didn't take too long to get the hang of it. As long as the power dash works =)

EDIT: I uninstalled it from my HDD and still got the weird pauses. Maybe it is something with the xbox itself. I have the Reach edition one and have noticed that it slows down on in certain spots in Reach that it doesn't do on a friends older xbox. *shrug*

But I did manage to finally get gold on that stupid challenge to finish off this game!!! Thanks for everyones help!

Edited by SamuraiLink

Never mind the above rant!! Managed it on my next try. I own a big thank you to SneakyOfSneaks and Dogmatix73 for the videos they posted. Both helped with the Retrieval Trial enormously, For anyone still struggling after watching the videos, I found it to be less about timing of the button presses, and more about hitting the buttins quicky. For example, after the first dash rapidly pushing jump and as soon as the jump animation kicked in mashing the dash button again, followed by a pounding of the B button for the extra distance.

Arrrgggg this is so friggin frustrating its impossible!!! How in the holy hell are you supposed to do the last combo on the first trial? The XXXX XXXX one? Every single time i pause in the middle in just stops, i cannot beat this trial as it wont let me do it, i pause it cancels, i carry on pressing x it cancels, i let the combo finishe it cancels, this combo is so dumb, how the hell do you do it?