Demo is out (US & Europe)

SegaSaturnSNK

Seriously man.... I think garbage is a compliment to it :eek: Looks shit, plays shit and sounds shit!!! Defo a not get, a not rent one for me. Damn right terrible :(

Side note: I loved all the other Tenchu games :(

Maybe it's not Tenchu that plays like shit ;) Seriously, I f'n love this game. Yeah it looks so last gen, I don't really know what your gripes about the sound is, but hey, I loved it.

Well I must say, I like it. I have been playing the demo for the last hour or so and it is really fun. The graphics are down right horrible, like psone.... but the blood effects are funny and satisfying and it is a really cool game. It feels like one of the old Japanese Ninja movies. I wouldn't pay 60 for it but when it drops to 30 or even 40$, I will get it. The only thing is, in the ESRB description it says nudity, in the demo there was none. My parents are really big on the no female nudity thing and I am not 17 yet so I can't buy it myself. Can anyone tell me how explicit the nudity is or if it is in a cutscene I can skip or anything so I can convince my parents to let me buy it??

But seriously it hardly plays like the traditional Tenchu. Controls seem stiff, camera is awkward, oh did I say it looks like its a PS1 title? :eek:
Well that's probably where it's different then. I've never played a Tenchu game before. Although I loved this one so much I went and picked up the one from the xbox, but w/out achievements I find it hard to get motivated to put it in :(

Well I must say, I like it. I have been playing the demo for the last hour or so and it is really fun. The graphics are down right horrible, like psone.... but the blood effects are funny and satisfying and it is a really cool game. It feels like one of the old Japanese Ninja movies.

Exactly! It has style and it does a damn good job of making you feel like a ninja! Gameplay > graphics and unlike someone I had no problem with the camera. But then again, I was controlling it the entire time.. hey what else are you going to do with that right thumb?!? Besides, I used it all the time to look around corners and stuff.

The only thing is, in the ESRB description it says nudity, in the demo there was none. My parents are really big on the no female nudity thing and I am not 17 yet so I can't buy it myself. Can anyone tell me how explicit the nudity is or if it is in a cutscene I can skip or anything so I can convince my parents to let me buy it??

Hmm, well I've only played the Japanese version (of course), but there is no nudity. You can be a female ninja and be almost nude. Like thong & rag over your breasts, but that's about it. There is nothing even close to nudity in any cut scenes, matter of fact all the women in the game have those big long traditional gowns on except for the other female ninjas.

The graphics are down right horrible, like psone....

It might not be the prettiest bird on the block but it's still worth a go. Nothing spectacular, but definitely not PS1 graphics. It appears they've gone more for a specific art style (the blood for example) rather than ultra-super-duper-realistic graphics and it works well enough.

The controls felt quite clunky to me, although if i remember right it'll simply take getting used to, much like its siblings.

The boss fight on the boat felt far too mechanical, and the AI was awful (he stood there chopping thin air for ten minutes whilst i sipped sake & tended to bonsai), but other than that i love it. If it's still featured, how can you turn down the opportunity to traverse around Japan with 3 ninja mates over Live. Hours of shadow-hopping shuriken-throwing fun :)

The controls felt quite clunky to me, although if i remember right it'll simply take getting used to, much like its siblings.

Yeah so I put some good time on this bad boy last night (the game not the demo) and I can see what you guys were complaining about regarding the controls! These are not the same layout the Japanese game has. There was several frustrating moments for about 20 mins as I learned the new controls, but I remapped what it let me and just got used to the other change and by the end of the night I was able to do everything just like I could on the Jap version.

Well actually I could do more, since I could read my skills and the hints ;) So now I can do even more cool ninja moves. Still can't climb the ceiling though even though I bought the first two levels of the skill :(