X360A's Fan Fiction Book Idea

Coxy x360a

This may seem like a crazy idea to you guys, but I thought it sounded pretty sweet. I was thinking, as a community we could create a big collection of game related fan fiction. For those not familiar, fan fiction is simply fan's of a certain game, movie, tv series etc, writing their own script.

My idea is simple, everyone at X360A is welcome to join, and each person can choose a game series (not restricted to Xbox 360 either!) and write a short piece (up to 1000 words long) about their selected game. The story can't be part of the in-game story but can be a follow up, prologue or side story. But, each game series is limited to one story, so once it's gone, it's gone, so get in quick!

I was thinking possibly either put these stories together into one big eBook and sell it for a small amount (£1 or $1 or 1 euro) with all proceeds going to a charity (may I suggest Cancer Research as it'll affected everyone's life in one way or another?) OR.. all proceeds go the upkeep and development of the X360A achievement site. OR.. split between the two, half and half. OR.. another idea you guys may have.

So, yeah. Any comments, suggestions, ideas welcome. If anyone is interested in writing a piece then leave a comment with the game series you'll be writing for and I'll keep track of the taken series in the original post to make it easier for users to see what series are still available! Thanks peeps :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of game series already taken (in alphabetical order):

Boom Boom Rocket (Felonious Monk)

Burnout: Paradise (Felonious Monk)

Final Fantasy (Coxy x360a)

Mirror's Edge (Ceris)

Motorstorm (Felonious Monk)

PURE (Felonious Monk)

Edited by Coxy x360a
Keeping up-to-date with taken game series!

This sounds awesome. I've been in a creative mood lately so I'll attempt to write one.

I choose the game: Mirror's Edge.

Are we typing the stories in this thread?

That should be a good read :)

Erm, I planned on writing it up on Microsoft Word then pasting it over. Still need to decide what's the best way to bring all the pieces together, any ideas?

That should be a good read :)

Erm, I planned on writing it up on Microsoft Word then pasting it over. Still need to decide what's the best way to bring all the pieces together, any ideas?

We can use this site's "attach files" option with our posts to upload them. I will be using Wordpad because I don't have Microsoft Word on my laptop.

Though, a .txt file (which is what I am forced to upload in) doesn't get any formatting. If you have something that can extract from a .zip file, I can use that instead.

As for collection and presentation of our fan fictions, I'll leave that to someone else to figure out. :p

The following attachment was originally centered, but .txt takes away that formatting:(

Edited by Ceris

I'd love to try, but I've never done one of these, and I'm not imaginative enough to think of something. :p

Well, I'm a HORRIBLE writer but I'm attempting this. I haven't really started yet, just thought of a little dialogue in my head and will think of a plot as I type.

That being said: Don't expect too much from me:p

Does it have to be serious ?

Depends on the concept of the game, but why make fun of a game you like/ offending fans of a game by making fun of a game they like?

Depends on the concept of the game, but why make fun of a game you like/ offending fans of a game by making fun of a game they like?

Wasn't planning on insulting any fan bases. I just wanted to take an old-school shooter franchise (Quake or Doom) and make a typical over the top, not too serious, action story. Just like the games, space marines and their crazy adventures.

Bored so I am posting a preview to my "fan fiction". Since I am a horrible writer, I'd like some feedback. PM me to keep clutter away from this thread if you have some advice/criticism.

Wrapped in spoiler tags because this is a post-game story.

[spoiler=endgame]

Mirror's Edge - Fan Fiction

By: Ceris

"Effie, are you sure about this?" Says Kate Connors.

"Kate, trust me," sighs Faith Connors, "I'll be nearby the whole time. Don't worry. Now back to training."

"Okay..." says a thoroughly unconvinced Kate.

It's been four months since the incident at The Shard. We've been on the run since then because now every officer in the city knows our faces. The mayor has labelled us as terrorists. I guess you can see it that way after I sniped a police vehicle and knocked out all power within a few block radius saving Kate.

"Don't worry girls, I'm keeping an eye on you as well. If there's a blue within the same block as you, I'll let you know," says Drake over the communicator.

Since Merc's death and my rescue of Kate from that helicopter, Drake has been our tracker. He had helped us escape The Shard and get to safety while the local heat cooled down. He has also been a good instructor to Kate, teaching her the fundementals of Running. Today is her first assignment as a runner. Leave it to Drake to stop at nothing to get a job done. Highly wanted criminals in the open? No problem if it means the job is a success.

Great to see people are gradually liking the idea and wanting to get involved! The story can be in whatever format you'd prefer, script or otherwise :)

So I'm guessing the Mass Effect 3 story that I posted was a "no go!" ?

Just don't have the time to write another for the foreseeable future, so if that one doesn't work I probably won't be able to contribute. :/

This actually sounds like an awesome idea. If I find some time between writing articles, school, and parenting, I'd love to do one on a non-story-based game, like... Beautiful Katamari or You Don't Know Jack or something. And, if I did do one on something like Fallout 3 or Metal Gear Solid HD, I'd do it as some side character or random henchman. =D