Stuck

EmDee-Gee

So, is it just me, or is this game suffering from poor level design? I have been stuck before on Level 5, but then I found out after a lot of trial and error that I had hit a switch, and had to backtrack towards the escalator at the beginning. Sigh. After that, however, I got stuck AGAIN! What is it with this game? I keep jumping on those balls that trigger electricity, but I don't know where to go afterwards. After fiddling about for about half an hour, I finally saw a hooklike thingy in the upper left corner of the electricity balls, but I can't seem to be able to hit it. Please help...

Well, I got past that damned point I was talking about. Found out some interesting tidbits along the way:

- Poor level design: it is actually the same design of the levels from the original game. Still, I think it is still poor :)

- The above point means you can look at Youtube walkthrough videos of the original game or the HD port for clues about what to do where

- I found out what the problem was with the point I mentioned above: since the level design was taken straight out of the original game, it wasn't designed for the crappy phone controls. What you actually need to do in the original game was jump up high and then whip. You can achieve this by holding down jump, and then simultaneously press the button for the whip. This, however is not possible by using just your right hand in the phone controls: you can't press both jump and whip at the same time with one finger. So what I had to do was stand on the edge of the electric ball, then move my left hand to the jump-shoot-whip controls as well, and then use both hands to press jump long enough + the whip. Sucks, I know, but that is how it worked for me. Problem was of course that you immediately need to move left to make it to the other whip point, so I had to rapidly move my left hand back and press left on the movement pad. It's tricky, but I got there in the end. Only the final level has one of those tricky points again, so you only need to resort to this workaround twice as far as I can tell.