questions, clay + terry... and 69 knocked off

ORTA316

Hi all.

The guide says u can just invite clay and terry on ur missions 2 build up their toughness. Well when can u start 2 do that? I'm 10 missions in and all I can do during a mission is 'call' or 'gun van/bikes'. Wen can I start inviting them on missions??

Also this knocking bikers off... Is there an easy way 2 do this? I've dun 3 races and can't knock off a single guy yet :-/

Actually, I found it easier to just hang with them. You need to do that anyway for 100% completion, so why not?

As for knocking guys off their bikes, are you just pressing the buttons or are you holding them down? If you are holding them down (and long enough to really whack your opponents), some of the races are better than others. After a while, what I ended up doing was, in the race in NE Bohan (it starts going thru a tunnel), right at the start it is REALLY easy to knock off at least one (if not two or three or more). After I would hit them off, I would drive around the course to the start (completing one lap), and get off the bike to let the race cancel out. Then I'd do the race again when it reloads (after a few seconds) to get another couple knock offs right away, and I repeated until I got my 69.

You can only call Terry and Clay for backup after a certain point in the main story, you'll probably know what it is when you get there, and then the backup option appears in the phone menu. I used them for every main mission after they became available and that made getting the toughness achievement quite easy.

Hi all.

The guide says u can just invite clay and terry on ur missions 2 build up their toughness. Well when can u start 2 do that? I'm 10 missions in and all I can do during a mission is 'call' or 'gun van/bikes'. Wen can I start inviting them on missions??

Also this knocking bikers off... Is there an easy way 2 do this? I've dun 3 races and can't knock off a single guy yet :-/

I Think, you can call them from Mission 12 - Hit The Pipe. You just call Clay or Terry for "Help" (there is a help-option).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

After you get the option to call them,call them every mission for back up. Do gang Wars. These are the best ways to level them up. Also if you like chilling with friends like in GTA IV, I'd say hang out with them when you want. All of this should net you ''Full Chat'' easily.

For the Bike race one of ''Get good Wood'' in a race hold down X then release the button when next to a racer to knock them off their bike. Rinse and repeat. If you aren't worried about losing the race wait for a racer to catch back up and do this again.

• 5 months later...

Fucking Get Wood is a pain in the arse, I can't seem to get close enough to hit them before they hit me, I've tried the method of standing next to there bike and the one were you park over their front wheel but when they get back on and I hit them I just push them away :mad:

• 1 year later...